(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Shars

Nordies has it Shar:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lorac-tantalizer-baked-bronzer/3485159?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=683238&cm_pla=women:makeup:powder&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online&mr:referralID=7b641506-b7fe-11e4-8635-001b2166becc
Thanks Meddy. I think I'm going to get the mini one... so I can feel less guilty about hoarding buying all these darn highlighters lol.

Does anyone own that Tom Ford Fire Lust Illuminator? Do I need it? It's so gosh darn pretty. I'd use it to miss with my liquid foundation or as a base on a light powder foundation day.

Monsy

It can be a a HL on darker skin if used lightly. I am pale as a ghost and I used it very gently on my cheeks and loved it. It looks scary dark in the pan.

Shars

It can be a a HL on darker skin if used lightly. I am pale as a ghost and I used it very gently on my cheeks and loved it. It looks scary dark in the pan.
I've seen it used both ways on darker skin too. Like a nice sunkissed bronzy-blush. I've been meaning to get it for ages. You don't find it accentuates pores though? I was worried about whether the shimmer particles are smooth or if they're are slightly chunky.

Monsy

I do have large pores but didn't have problem with this one
I bought the small one at Ulta in their grab and go section

omohegbe

Was able to track down Superb for $40
eyelove.gif
. Now im looking for Guerlain's Perles de Etoiles Meteorites.
Has anyone gotten the new Estee Lauder highlighter from Sephora? Wondering if it'll look good on NW45 skin

Medgal07

I found it on Lorac's website as well. Has anyone ordered from their website before? Those naughty things by the cashier are always jumping into carts, aren't they?

Thanks Meddy. I think I'm going to get the mini one... so I can feel less guilty about hoarding buying all these darn highlighters lol.

Does anyone own that Tom Ford Fire Lust Illuminator? Do I need it? It's so gosh darn pretty. I'd use it to miss with my liquid foundation or as a base on a light powder foundation day.
Shars, I have Fire Lust. It's really pretty but creams and liquids require more work and I end up setting them with a powder anyway so they last longer. I mix it with my
foundation more often than I use it on my facial high planes the way that I use my powder highlighters.

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
Has anyone gotten the new Estee Lauder highlighter from Sephora? Wondering if it'll look good on NW45 skin
I'll know tomorrow when it arrives. There are swatches of it in the Sephora thread now. Perles de Etoiles are really very nice. I hope you can find them

charismafulltv

eyelove.gif
I should get mine tomorrow and I'll share swatches. I'm NC45
rasta.gif

omohegbe

I'll know tomorrow when it arrives. There are swatches of it in the Sephora thread now. Perles de Etoiles are really very nice. I hope you can find them
okay thank you! I'll go over there and look at the swatches.
And the lady at my Nordstroms counter is tryna track down one. Saks, Neimans and Sephora at the Galleria are all out
crybaby.gif

DILLIGAF

They've been popping up with new brands lately. Seems like they got rid of some to make room for others.
I have a few make up books. I love them. Sometimes I just look through them for inspiration. IMATS is a great place to pick some up at a decent price.

Medgal07

I posted this in the Sephora thread but it definitely belongs here too

My Sephora package arrived full of Estée Lauder
heart.gif
:

I'm not enamored by the eyeball packaging but I do like the product so far. The highlighter has a cream to powder vibe. Once I swatched it with a brush, i ran my finger over it and it didn't budge. I didn't swatch the powder, which is lovely because that was already done up thread a bit. Swatch #1 is EL Heatwave. Swatch # 2 is the Iridescent Ball highlighter. SAME color, different finish. I'm really liking it swatched. I'll test both items on my face for date night, tonight. The kabuki brush is enormous---very dense and very soft. It's performance and how it holds up to frequent washing remains to be seen.

I almost forgot to note that next to modern Mercury, IB really looks more like HW and MM appears pinker. Also, the were at Sephora with VIBR early access. I've heard the powder is already sold out. I expect they will restock it for general purchase.

Medgal07

okay thank you! I'll go over there and look at the swatches.
And the lady at my Nordstroms counter is tryna track down one. Saks, Neimans and Sephora at the Galleria are all out
crybaby.gif
Oh I hope one surfaces from somewhere for you!!!
th_cheerup.gif

Icecaramellatte

Was able to track down Superb for $40 :eyelove: . Now im looking for Guerlain's Perles de Etoiles Meteorites. Has anyone gotten the new Estee Lauder highlighter from Sephora? Wondering if it'll look good on NW45 skin
That sounds like a good price for Superb. I believe regular price is $30.

Shars

I have a few make up books. I love them. Sometimes I just look through them for inspiration. IMATS is a great place to pick some up at a decent price.
You know I didn't even think of that. Of course IMATS would be the place to grab some books. I have to set aside a few dollars for 1 or 2.