Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

MissTT

I tried to stay out of this thread, but I could not resist. Droooool I am loving the brushes. I'm trying to hold back from ordering b/c I feel like I should be working with brushes from Sephora so I'll be able to explain them to clients. So far I've received one free brush and expect to acquire more in the coming month. The brush I'm struggling to resist is the J5523, but I don't want to pay shipping for a single brush. We'll see...

lippieluv2013

I tried to stay out of this thread, but I could not resist. Droooool I am loving the brushes. I'm trying to hold back from ordering b/c I feel like I should be working with brushes from Sephora so I'll be able to explain them to clients. So far I've received one free brush and expect to acquire more in the coming month. The brush I'm struggling to resist is the J5523, but I don't want to pay shipping for a single brush. We'll see...
Right! I have been lurking on this site for a while and have finally decided to start making a list.
There are so many choices ...
icon_eek.gif

I am going to start my list and then figure out how to fit my purchases in between some of the fall collections that I have been drooling over lately.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your purchases and your advice!

cindypltnm81

J5523 is on my next purchase too...these threads are never helpful when you are trying to not spend!

MissHolland

I did a small Hakuhodo order:

Eyebrowbrush B163BkSL
Blush (or bronzer/powder) brush J110
Highlighter brush G5521BkSL

Love all the brushes!

elainnio

ello, My haul from Hakuhodo Japan (accumlative)... :) S Series in Black with Gold Ferrule (exclusive to Japan)
5c808f48_image.jpeg
S102, S111, S126, S134, S133, S142 Totally in love with S102 the finishing brush it's the softest hair I ever owned. And for concealer it's highly recommended to choose weasel and I love s126 and I have b132 for concealer brushes as they work well and give a better coverage (not streaky or cakey) when applying concealer, Highly recommend J Series! :) I started buying mainly J series, they are affordable and high quality! After using Hakuhodo j series I chucked my old brushes as some of them from Some departmental brands are so terrible, so scratchy!
3fc6aecc_image.jpeg
J104, J5543, J110, G5552, J532, J122, G533, Yachiyo L Tapered
171fc382_image.jpeg
G5523, J5521, J531
fb9275f2_image.jpeg
B002, S5557, B004, B5510, B5528, fan brush
236a37af_image.jpeg
TF 02 vs J5543
efa2c218_image.jpeg
J511, J239
e676f587_image.jpeg
Eye brushes recommendations J5523, B004, J142, B5510, J232
7d9cab6e_image.jpeg
Kokutan Finishing L, H602, J210, Yachiyo M Purple
e30ea91c_image.jpeg
And finally a photo I took in Japan Tokyo Hakuhodo store.. all the traditional brushes. :) I also have some pink handle Chomotto X Hakuhodo brushes ;)
3d94d1e3_image.jpeg
c4a6b575_image.jpeg
9c245b67_image.jpeg
dupe J531 to Chomotto Large Angled Powder
36d1cce1_image.jpeg
Dupe J5521 to Chomotto candlelight highlighter.

Sylvia60

Oh I don't what I feel more, admiration or envy!
Whatever, you're a lucky lucky girl.
Tanks for sharing your superb collection with us.

tirurit

Brush pr0n!!

I really like brushes and although I have not ordered any hakuhodo brushes yet, I have spent quite a few hours drooling over them on different blogs. So hello fellow brush lovers, I'll park myself around anticipating your posts and creating my wishlist
hatsoff.gif

vaisforluvrs

Do you think there is a big difference between the Tom Ford and Hakuhodo? The TF looks so pretty but it is almost $20 more!

elainnio

Brush pr0n!!

I really like brushes and although I have not ordered any hakuhodo brushes yet, I have spent quite a few hours drooling over them on different blogs. So hello fellow brush lovers, I'll park myself around anticipating your posts and creating my wishlist
hatsoff.gif
Hello Tirurit,

For a start I will suggest that your look at J Series, superbly soft, affordable and great for a starter. :)