Have you ever met anyone famous? Post a pic!

mrsjeffhardy

i met paris hilton in 2004 maybe? i forget when,but i was with my mom @ gloria jean's coffee in north star mall (where i used to work,but i was off that day,just there shopping. i worked in the mall,but not the coffee shop) in san antonio,tx.
she was in line in front of us,but i wasnt paying attention at the time,i was deciding what i wanted to drink. my mom said "isnt that paris hilton?" half jokingly. i said "behave mom" without even looking. she grabbed my arm and said "no i think it really is" so i looked and just about fell over right there. she looked just like her! so my mom says to her "are you a paris hilton impersonator? you look just like her." my mom was so sweet about it,we honestly didnt think it could be her. then she says to my mom "no,i am her."
i freaked out!
back then,i was a big fan of hers,although now i don't see why.
anyway i was freaking out,so excited. i was digging around my purse for a pen and paper and got out my camera,and held it in my other hand while i searched. her bodyguard says to me "no pictures allowed". im like "um ok,i wasnt going to take a picture anyway."
so i get my pen and paper and my mom hands it to the guy shes with to give to paris,lol which was nick carter,but we didnt realize/care.
she signs it for me,and then everyone realizes who she is and everyone started following her.
that was pretty much the day i stopped liking her.
her attitude killed it for me.

anyway,ive met numerous band members.
my little brother met one of my future husbands (though i dont think my real husband would approve lol)....john cena.
my little bro is sooo lucky. he has a picture with him,im so jealous haha.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I just saw Kirsten Dunst at the airport a few days ago, I was too nervous to say anything to her, but she stood like 2 feet in front of me, she looked like shit.

xsnowwhite

i met the cast of viva la bam it was pretty cool not gonna lie
and i saw paris hilton she was doing some promo at my mall but i dint go up to her or anything.

miss_dre

I met Jully Black the other day.
I work at LaSenza and she came in looking to buy panties and a pj because she had lost her luggage. So i helped her pick some out and she bought the stuff i chose for her. It made me pretty happy even though i'm not a huge huge fan of hers. She's alot prettier in person than she is on tv though.

melozburngr

Um, not sure if these guys count as celebrities... but I've met Demetri Martin- the comedian... HILARIOUS! Also, I recently met David Sedaris, a writer I love, he was SO nice and SUPER fuuny.
smiles.gif

aziajs

I met Robin Thicke at a performance at the Apple store. I had a picture of it but I looked like such a hot bloated mess I deleted it. LOL

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
Um, not sure if these guys count as celebrities... but I've met Demetri Martin- the comedian... HILARIOUS! Also, I recently met David Sedaris, a writer I love, he was SO nice and SUPER fuuny.
smiles.gif

Gah! I lurve David Sedaris. He needs to write a new book.

I'll bite. I don't know if I can remember everybody.

*Singer from Monster Magnet (ha ha)
*Angelo from Fishbone
*The Buzzcocks
*Lunachicks
*Alice Cooper
*Steven Tyler
*Marilyn Manson
*Zac DeLaRocha
*Various members of Korn
*KD Lang
*Mario Van Peebles
*Vinnie Paul & Dimebag from Pantera \m/
*Trent Reznor
*Brett Micheals
*Dick Dale
*Lisa Left Eye Lopez
*Quiet Riot (ha ha)
*Various members of Skid Row (ha ha)
*Taime Down (ha ha)
*Diamond Dallas Page (he taught me how to clothesline, lol)
*Space Ghost! Not what I expected
*Markey Ramone
*Bobby Steele
*Jerry Only
*Cheeta Chrome

That's all I can remember right now. Most of these folks I helped in a retail setting, so I couldn't get pics.

Mandypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
heh this one is strictly for uk people
ive seen (not met lol) zara and justin off hollyoaks (i love the show tooo
smiles.gif
)
ermmm jayne middlemiss (love island etc) came into where i work and bought some shoes and asked for a discount lol

ooh i love justin hes a little young but still cute lol
graucho.gif

And i get what you mean about her hair, when she was in the shop she had it in a long plait, i think it looked a bit better that way, but i think it makes her look really young, so when she was wearing the bright red lipstick, she just looked to young for it, if that makes sense lol.

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac

*Angelo from Fishbone
*The Buzzcocks
*Lunachicks
*Alice Cooper
*Steven Tyler
*Marilyn Manson
*Zac DeLaRocha
*Various members of Korn
*KD Lang
*Mario Van Peebles
*Trent Reznor
*Brett Micheals
*Dick Dale
*Lisa Left Eye Lopez
*Quiet Riot (ha ha)
*Taime Down (ha ha)
*Markey Ramone
*Bobby Steele
*Jerry Only
*Cheeta Chrome

That's all I can remember right now. Most of these folks I helped in a retail setting, so I couldn't get pics.

he is! i cant remember when he said itd be don tho... lol

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I just saw Kirsten Dunst at the airport a few days ago, I was too nervous to say anything to her, but she stood like 2 feet in front of me, she looked like shit.

haha that was funny

M.A.C_Addiction

Too bad I dont have pics, but I meet the following people.
smiles.gif

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke.
Marilyn Manson and his bandmates
The Offspring (lead vocals, guitar), Noodles AKA Greg Kriesel
A Canadian Band called The Tea Party frontman Jeff Martin

When I was an extra in a movie called "Gossip" (not allowed to bring in camera's on set) I met;

James Marsden
Kate Hudson
Joshua Jackson

PomPoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
same here... i even got my bf into it... we watch it EVERY saturday [hollyoaks omnibus) its soo addictive lol

Haha, me too, I started watching it cos my housemates at uni did, then I got my boyfriend into it...we sky+ it and watch it with our dinner
thmbup.gif

I agree about amys hair, long hair is pretty, but she needs some layers or something! I HATE the rest of amys family ugh, the dad used to be so nice, then he turned into a psycho dad :-S ugggh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac

*Angelo from Fishbone
*The Buzzcocks
*Lunachicks
*Alice Cooper
*Steven Tyler
*Marilyn Manson
*Zac DeLaRocha
*Various members of Korn
*KD Lang
*Mario Van Peebles
*Trent Reznor
*Brett Micheals
*Dick Dale
*Lisa Left Eye Lopez
*Quiet Riot (ha ha)
*Taime Down (ha ha)
*Markey Ramone
*Bobby Steele
*Jerry Only
*Cheeta Chrome

I am so green right now...
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
When I was an extra in a movie called "Gossip" (not allowed to bring in camera's on set) I met;

James Marsden
Kate Hudson
Joshua Jackson

I LOVE that film, which bits were you in?

M.A.C_Addiction

Omg, you actually heard of it. I tell people about it and there like, "What movie?"... hehe. Well I'm glad you heard of it.
smiles.gif

I was in 3 scene's. 1-The opening scence in the library, where they only show heads... hehe. One of those heads is mine.
2- It's an outside scene with Kate Hudson and some other chick in the school outside.
3- When the cops come and get Joshua Jackson from the classroom. I was part of the "classroom"... hehe, nothing to exciting really.
smiles.gif

as_cute_as_pie

i have gossip on dvd hehe cant really remember what it was about now cos i watched it years and years ago but i remember thinkin and the end :O did not see that coming lol
cool
thmbup.gif

MAC_Whore

I am related to a celeb (no, I won't say who
winks.gif
), so I have met a fair amount of people by circumstances of his career. On my own, I have encountered a few celebs. I just seem to have random "right" place, "right" time meetings. Like, DH and I met Gwen Stefani by happenstance once , for example. To be honest, I don't like to approach celebs. I feel like I am invading their space. They are like animals being hunted by paparazzi now. I feel sorry for most of them. Notice use of the word "most".

I have a friend who is NOT AT ALL the type to seek out celebs or hunt for photo ops or anything like that, but she ALWAYS runs into people in NYC. She recently had a random introduction to someone at a boutique and next thing you know, she was invited to and attended a party at a well-known designers apartment for a trunk show!

Most random, well-known person encounter I have had is not at all with a celeb, but one day I am eating at a restaurant, I look over and they guy at the table next to me is Bill Gates. I wanted to slide my check over to his table, but I fought off the urge.

Oh and I was an extra in a movie. Yes, I am "crowd". Should I go for my SAG card?
lol.gif

ledonatella

Back in the 80's i saw Boy George in LA on Hollywood Blvd. with a huge posse around him, I didn't really care much because I was like 10 and wasen't real into him. We had a local family win Extreme Home Makeover and Ty Pennington was at our salon during that because we sponsered the event and the workers were volunteers from our company, my friend did a massage on him and saw his everything! He was an ass though. I've seen Newt Gingrich at our mall when he was Speaker of The House (he has family here), as well as R. Kelly (same) and Steffi Graff the tennis player (family as well). Oh, I did a banquet thing with Tommy Hilfiger who was a complete ass. But around here mostly I get people who know celebs but not the celebs themselves, like I did Oprah's producer's wedding but Oprah I did not see (damn! I wanted a new car!). Or like I do local news people's makeup but they are hardly famous. I would love to actually met a big celeb (like Madonna or Cher) just to see how surreal their life is!

MrsRjizzle

i met a few

E40
Tech9
KrisZz Kalico
Kutt Kalhoun
and a few others you probably havent heard of.
local bay area people..

Ms.Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Too bad I dont have pics, but I meet the following people.
smiles.gif

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke.
Marilyn Manson and his bandmates
The Offspring (lead vocals, guitar), Noodles AKA Greg Kriesel
A Canadian Band called The Tea Party frontman Jeff Martin

Oh my God! I am so insanely jealous. The Tea Party have been one of my absolute favorite bands for about five years. What I wouldn't do to just see them live.. but they are no more.
ssad.gif

I've never met anybody famous. I know a lot of people/bands in the black/death metal scene.. but, they're not what you'd call "famous". Even the most popular bands aren't exactly well-known.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I am related to a celeb (no, I won't say who
winks.gif
), so I have met a fair amount of people by circumstances of his career. On my own, I have encountered a few celebs. I just seem to have random "right" place, "right" time meetings. Like, DH and I met Gwen Stefani by happenstance once , for example. To be honest, I don't like to approach celebs. I feel like I am invading their space. They are like animals being hunted by paparazzi now. I feel sorry for most of them. Notice use of the word "most".

I have a friend who is NOT AT ALL the type to seek out celebs or hunt for photo ops or anything like that, but she ALWAYS runs into people in NYC. She recently had a random introduction to someone at a boutique and next thing you know, she was invited to and attended a party at a well-known designers apartment for a trunk show!

Most random, well-known person encounter I have had is not at all with a celeb, but one day I am eating at a restaurant, I look over and they guy at the table next to me is Bill Gates. I wanted to slide my check over to his table, but I fought off the urge.

Oh and I was an extra in a movie. Yes, I am "crowd". Should I go for my SAG card?
lol.gif

I asked ST about folks coming up to him all the time and asked why didn't he do the incognito thing like most celebs...ha ha. He said, "I gave that up a long time ago, I can't disguise this mouth."

ndn-ista

I met Kenyon Martin from the Nets at Dunking Donuts with his wife, lol....Jahiem, the forgotten singer, near my school, Rutgers...Nina Sky, before they became famous, they lived a block away from my ex in Queens. Some Bollywood stars...hmm oh, and rememeber the mother in Family Matters, she was on the same plane as me when i was going to Chicago like 10 years ago lol, I had an interview with MTV in NYC, and Da Game was there, I didnt even know it was him.....Cameron at Palisades Mall....hmmm I'm always ny so I am sure I see more people when Im in the city just don't notice anymore. =)