Have you ever seen mammatus clouds?!

newagetomatoz

Wow!! Those look so stunning! I have to add seeing them in real life to my list of 'things to do before I die.' lol Thanks for sharing these!

Stephie Baby

I saw those one time when I was younger, which was right before a tornado ripped apart my house!
ssad.gif

Sound Of Vision

You're welcome ladies!
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
I saw those one time when I was younger, which was right before a tornado ripped apart my house!
ssad.gif

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that!!
cry.gif
Power of the nature can be stunningly beautiful but in the same time terrifying!

FullWroth

That first photo kinda scares the crap out of me. -_-

But they're all beautiful, regardless. Wow. Gotta love nature sometimes, eh?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
ssad.gif

OMG, I am so sorry to hear that, and I was just thinking I'd be scared sh*tless if I saw these clouds in person. They totally look like something that occurs right before all hell breaks loose!!

FullWroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
They totally look like something that occurs right before all hell breaks loose!!

So of course the (probably male) scientists name them BOOBIE CLOUDS.
th_rolleye0014.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullWroth
So of course the (probably male) scientists name them BOOBIE CLOUDS.
th_rolleye0014.gif

And they were probably direct descendants of the explorers that gave the Grand Tetons their moniker!
greengrin.gif

k.a.t

They remind me of an army of ghosts coming down from the sky, they scare me
ssad.gif

I'd like to see them though.

iamlelilien

I'm bumping this thread because I saw some today!!

2008_06200011.jpg

The mammatus clouds are in the center. The picture is kind of unclear because I took it out the window of a moving car, but you can tell what they are! It's not edited at all!

Sound Of Vision

Wow yeah! I can see them!

I think I saw them here few times, but weren't so strongly shaped as ones I posted in the beginning.

rbella

Those are beautiful. My mother is a painter and paints these clouds in her art all the time. I will have to send her this link, she will love it! Thank you!

BarrelOfDonkeys

I've seen them before, not exactly like the ones in the pictures, but the same kind of clouds. They usually tend to show up during hurricane season.