How are you wearing your pigments?

yoflynn2000

I wanted to see how many women of color are wearing mediums with pigments or without? What are some of your favorite pigments that you wear with medium?

blazeno.8

Hm, I think a lot of people (not just woc) are wearing pigments with bases and mediums in the eye area because they can look completely different without them. I do either just a base or a base + medium.

Other than that sometimes my medium is nailpolish if I want to wear them on my nails (try Chocolate brown with a black nailpolish).

The only time I don't wear a medium is if I wear it on my cheek (Frozen White for example, but I hear a lot of people like to wear Vanilla on their cheeks).

I do like wearing pigments as lip colors too. To do this you have to use a medium or a base -> Lipgloss, lipstick. (Try rose with clear gloss)

chocolategoddes

I think one reason pigments are great for darker skin tones is because they are PIGMENTED!!! With a nice base most pigments can look amazing on dark skin. And they are versatile. Like what was said above!!!
smiles.gif

yoflynn2000

Thanks for all the tips thus far looking to hear more. I am aware that anyone could wear pigments but I wanted to hear from WOC how are they wearing their pigments with or without mediums.

yoflynn2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
What exactly do you mean by with or without mediums?

What I mean by with or without medium is do you mix medium with your pigments or put them on without mixing medium.. and apply just a base?

aziajs

I use most of my pigments as eyeshadow so I apply most of them by themselves just using a base on my lid first. I have mixed a few with clear lipglass and applied to my lips. I used dark soul with clear gloss and applied it to my lid to get an oily, wet look. But, I have never mixed with with hair gel or nailpolish or foundation/moisturizer. I might try it though. I just don't know which color I'd use - maybe tan?

Leilani78

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I use most of my pigments as eyeshadow so I apply most of them by themselves just using a base on my lid first. I have mixed a few with clear lipglass and applied to my lips. I used dark soul with clear gloss and applied it to my lid to get an oily, wet look. But, I have never mixed with with hair gel or nailpolish or foundation/moisturizer. I might try it though. I just don't know which color I'd use - maybe tan?

i've tried to mix tan with a moisturizer and it turns pink, not tan. I've done it with vanilla and it doesn't come out chalky.

When I do use my pigments, I use bare study pp and then use my pigments on top of that. To highlight my brow I'll either use a CCB or a pp to make it stick. However, when I use pigments to highlight my cheeks I will not use a base.

lilchocolatema

Actually, I'm doing a youtube video on this tonight or tomorrow night, there are a billion uses for them!!! In the video I made last night, I wore bright fuschia pigment as a liner on the inner corner of my eye. It was SO hot.

MAC_Pixie04

i usually do my pigments dry, but to intensify them or use them as liner, I mix them with Benefit SheLaq so that they stay on and look metallic...

Loveleighe

in a rush today i used my pigments without a base or medium and let me tell you never again. it ran all over my eye there was more color on my cheeks than on my lids. it was horrible i had to wash off my makeup and do i over in the train bathroom. i usually always use do a base with pigments it's a usually a paint or ccb. i love mxing them with MAC mixing medium the one with gylerl and then aplying that way i think it smooths application and intensifies the pigmentation.

MacArtistFauryn

I use pencils as a base for some... I also use mixing medium from the PRO Store, and before I had the mixing medium I would use MAC's EZR (Eye Zone Refinisher) as a mixing medium.

Of course I use paints and paint pots also...

I almost never use them without some sort of base....

I have also mixed them with lotions for my body...=)

bluebird08

When I wear pigments (rarely) it's with a base. I am not a big fan of them...but a lot of women seem to love them!

Leilani78

So I was bored one day and decided to mix my paint pot (layin' low) and vanilla pigment together. I scooped out a piece of PP and sprinkled in some vanilla and then built up to the color I wanted. I got this beautiful gold, kinda pink sheen swatch. I don't have any pictures, but it was pretty. It lasted longer on my lids than if I layered vanilla pigment over layin' low.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Actually, I'm doing a youtube video on this tonight or tomorrow night, there are a billion uses for them!!! In the video I made last night, I wore bright fuschia pigment as a liner on the inner corner of my eye. It was SO hot.

I can't wait to see this! I just brought fushia pigment yesterday (and electric coral). I've been thinking of ways to wear them. Thanks!
thmbup.gif

I'm feeling splashes of color on my eyes for the spring/summer. Can't wait.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani78
So I was bored one day and decided to mix my paint pot (layin' low) and vanilla pigment together. I scooped out a piece of PP and sprinkled in some vanilla and then built up to the color I wanted. I got this beautiful gold, kinda pink sheen swatch. I don't have any pictures, but it was pretty. It lasted longer on my lids than if I layered vanilla pigment over layin' low.

I would have never thought to do that. I might have to try it.
winks.gif

GlamYOURUs

I do both depending upon the look I want to achieve.

I use it alone if I just want a wash of color.
I use a MM for a dramatic look.