How did you decide on your child's name?

revinn

I'll either have a ton of kids in the future or none at all! Some of the names I like are Dominic and Christian for a boy, and Isla (pronounced eye-la) and Ashton for a girl. I have another name for a girl, and if I'm blessed with one I'll use it for sure, but it's weird and extremely unusual, so I think I'll keep it to myself, haha.

fafinette21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
Well....I may be possibly expecting right this second....Long story. (Romania, condom broke, tried to get the morning after pill and they gave me something....Not sure wether they understood me or not!!)

But with my new man, we were discussing it on a whim one day...

Allegra-Iris for a girl.

Octavian for a boy.

And if we had girl twins.

Isolde and Nimue. Or Niamh and Aiofe. As I am Irish born and raised!
(Is-ol-de) (Nim-oh-way) (Aa-fa)

My cousin's name is Aoife! And my other cousin is Meadhbh (Maeve) and I have family friend named Niamh.

Anyways,
I have no children yet lol I am way too young. But me and my bf have talked about what we might name our children if we were to have them in the future.

Girl: Ryanne Rose....Ryan because I've always liked that name but with more feminine spelling, and Rose for his grandmother's last name (he loves his grandmother a LOT!)
Boy: Nathaniel John....just like Nathaniel and John is my dad's name, his dad's middle name and his brother's middle name.
Or also for a boy Dane or Darcy (after our fav comedian and my fav hockey player!)

SiCiLyGiRl

I have no kids yet but i want this names...

Boy: Gennaro(italian), Celestino(italian), Emre(turkish)
and for a girl i have no idea yet.. lol
winks.gif

AdlersMommy22

My son's name is Adler Lee.

No real reason behind the first name aside that i wanted something REALLY strong and unique that people would be like "whoa, really?"... it's a German name though that means "noble eagle"... and Lee is after my father. My father's middle name is Lee.
smiles.gif

I cant say what my daughters name is going to be (someday).. because its under-wraps. haha

mtrimier

no kids for me, but my mother picked my name(Mocha) because I am mixed and it was (and still is) her favorite coffee drink when she was pregnant with me. My middle name (Elizabeth) is a family name on my father's side.

I totally lucked out, I could have been named "banana pudding" or "orange soda" if she was really just going for the food favorites during pregnancy.
tong.gif

statusmode

I've always loved the name Mia, it just sounds so soft & feminine and cute and it can loosely translate to 'my girl' in spanish. I always said if I had a baby girl her name would be Mia, however my cousin who is pregnant was going to name her baby Mya, and when I told her I like the name Mia, she decided to name her baby Mia... I'm so sad! lol