How did you meet your significant other? boyfriend, husband, fiance, fling

rockin

My (now ex) husband and I met at a Sussex Rock'n'Roll Society (SRNRS) dance evening, or rather non-dance evening, as that particular month it had been cancelled due to some problem with the hall and we were unaware of this. He lived in Sussex, and I lived in Kent, and we both turned up in our Morris Minors. My Dad was with me, as we always went together and I hadn't passed my driving test yet anyway.

We were the only ones that turned up that night LOL. Rather than just turn around and go back home (it was a 75 mile drive each way for me) we spent some time talking about Morris Minors and found out we were both in the owners club.

At the following month's dance, he suddenly appeared by my side when the slow records came on, and asked me to dance. My friend grabbed my purse from me (I was browsing through the vinyl records for sale at the time) and pushed me towards him. I had no choice, whereas usually I would make some excuse not to dance with a guy.

It was a long-distance relationship, but he would come to visit me most weekends, and some 18 months later we were married - a Teddy Boy wedding, with the DJ from the SRNRS and a live rock'n'roll band. We had a pink Cadillac for the wedding car, owned by another SRNRS member, and a Buick for the bridesmaids. The vicar said he loved the idea of a rock'n'roll wedding, and admitted that when he was younger he had been one of those tearing up the seats in the cinema at a showing of Rock Around The Clock LOL.

Mrs.JC

I met my husband when I was 19 when I got a job at Best Buy working at the Geek Squad. At the beginning he worked for the computer department so our first few interactions were of him and I working together to hook up a customer with PC+services. I think the very first non-work related thing I said to him was, "You remind of Waldo." That was the first time I ever heard him laugh. For the six months I worked there I had a major crush on him, but others had told me he had a long-term girlfriend at the time. Anyway, after I left BB, I came by one night to visit some friends who were closing and ran into him at the parking lot. I learned that he and his GF had split and that he was leaving in a month for boot camp. I was so sad but I forced myself to smile and say goodbye.

Then in August 2009 (I was 20 1/2) my ex I and split up and he and his ex had split up again. I created a myspace and facebook to get in touch with old friends and rekindle relationships. I ended up finding and adding him and shooting him a message that said: "I found you, Waldo." Kinda corny, I know, but we're dorks like that. Anyway what he calls my pick-up line worked and a month later we were long-distance dating since he was finishing school in San Diego (I'm from Honolulu). He told me very early on that he knew right away I was "the one"--in May 2010 we were married.

NutMeg

I met my SO in a statistics class. We all had to introduce ourselves, say what program we were from, etc. When SO started talking I was blown away by how hot his voice was, and I thought his research sounded cool (nerds for life!). We didn't get together for another couple of months, I had just broken up with my boyfriend of almost five years about three weeks before that point.

LMD84

aw i love reading all of your stories! so so sweet!
heart.gif

milika

around 2 years and 8 months ago i met a guy through a facebook application. since that day we started talking on the msn and like 2 months after that we started texting each other almost all day. and finally after 6 months of so much chatting we met in person, and i had the best first date ever because was so sweet to see him nervous about it and i wont forget his first super shy kiss on my lips, is one of the best memories that i have from our relationship. and let me tell you that my bf is the best guy i could ever find, he loves me and cares about me so much and i love him a lot too.

thepicketywitch

Rivers and I met through Livejournal, embarrassingly enough. :D We met through one of those pen pal/make online friends communities and just really hit it off. Conversations on MSN led to conversations on the phone, until eventually we wanted to meet in person. Problem was, he lived in Houston. I was in Los Angeles. Things were rocky for a bit; for all intents and purposes we were together, but had never met, which frustrated us both. At one point, we decided it just wasn't going to work and tried to just be friends, but we knew we were just kidding ourselves. This went on for a little over a year, until he surprised me on Valentine's Day with an email with a plane itinerary. He was coming to visit.

Two years later and we are still together, and very happy. He still lives in Houston, and I'm still in Los Angeles, but we make it work; I've become the Queen of finding dirt cheap airfare. :) I'm in the process of finishing up school, while he is works as a sports writer. And when the time is right, we'll begin our lives together. For now, things are good where they are. I know a lot of people are hesitant about long-distance relationships, and I will be the first to stand up and say I never understood them, and at times thought they were dumb. But he's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

amoona

Ok I just read my post from back in 2007 about how my met my now ex-boyfriend hahahaha. Specktra keeps my past! I'm no longer with that boyfriend - broke up with him a long time ago.

I'm not dating someone new. We met while I was living in Los Angeles. He was there on a boy's trip and his best friend is good friends with one of my girlfriends. She asked me to tag along with her to dinner and I refused because it was a Monday night and I had work the next day. Plus I knew she'd keep me up all night. She finally convinced me and we stayed out all night. Of course the next day my guy was leaving, he lives half way around the world! In October it'll be a year of long distance. Best relationship I've ever been in but also the hardest because of the distance.

m4dswine

The Beard and I met through my ex husband. He was friends with one of my ex's housemates (we were separated but dating) and we became friends due to mutual interests. When the ex and I broke up for good (long complicated story) we ended up flirting a lot with each other and giving it a go. 4 years later we're living together and moving to a new country next year!

SubwayDreaming

My hubby and I met on eHarmony. We hit it off right away, but took it slow in the beginning. After being together for a little over a year, he surprised me by proposing in Vegas. We hadn't even talked about rings, so it was really sweet and a nice surprise.

Our wedding was this April -- in Vegas! I have never felt so secure and happy.

Duvessa

In World of Warcraft
amuse.gif
We knew way before we started dating, I was married with a kid and we only started talking after I divorced. :)

sherm

My boyfriend and I met at college—he was one of the teaching assistants when I was taking Computer Science I to learn C++. I was dating someone else at the time but he was a pretty big douche so I may have let my eyes wander a lot and the TA was SO CUTE! Anyway, a few months later jerkface and I had a messy breakup (I was young and dumb to let it drag on so long!) and I spent a while flinging around and reconnecting with friends I hadn't talked to or seen in a while, including cute TA. We went out for coffee with a mutual friend and he invited us to a party that night and my friend bailed at the very last minute!! So I went alone because I was all NO REGRETS! DO NEW THINGS! And I definitely don't regret it because we completely clicked and here we are almost 3 years later sharing our lives together!

lizzyliz

I went to a friend Birthday Celebrations party, a small gathering, and my boyfriend was there. But we never spoke and i don't think I glanced at him that much, just knew he was there. lol
About 2 weeks later I saw he sent a friend request on fb. lol we started talking and at first I did'nt like him because he had a very sarcastic way that i was'nt too fond of.
As time went by, he spoke more, and got too know each other, and I started gaining feelings for him.
He asked me out on a date, which was the worst ever! HAHA! HE WAS RLY NERVOUS, SO DID SUM STUPID STUFF.
To make a long story short, he never asked me to be his gf, he TOLD me we were gona be togetha from november 1st, which was kinda weird cuz ppl usually ask not tell right? hehe
Were togetha for 2 yrs now and expecting a baby.

Piarpreet

reading all your stories made me feel more single than ever before :( so cute.... 4 years single is fast to say but maybe soon ill post a story too

eLLah

My fiance and I meet 1st year uni (2004) through his roommate.

The first few times that we were introduced was not very memorable because it was brief and I was dating someone else (who broke up with me around Halloween that year). I must have gotten over that relationship quickly, because on the second week of November I went to a party and I finally noticed him. He was cute with red hair and grey eyes. I was too shy to do anything, but a few days later I found out that my then-best-friend was also interested in him and because friends are suppose to come first I decided to forget about him. By the end of November they had hooked up, dated for 5 months and he started seeing someone else. We went our separate ways... until December 2008.

In the end, it was combination of MSN and a sport car that brought us together. His screen name/msg said something about Supra... and being the sister of a car enthusiast, it had me curious. We messaged each other a few times and decided to meet up on the 12th. Dessert turned to coffee, turned to 3AM dim sum :)

We became official on the 15th~ and now we are engaged to be married 2012, date still pending... :D

------------

It took me a few days to read through all these stories~ So many sweet ones and I was inspired to share mine~

inishkai

I met mine during a camping trip..

I went camping with some girl friends and we were partying a little too loud. lol He was at a nearby camp site with his friends and ALL they came over to complain. hehehe Embarrassing or funny I don't know which! He was the quiet one staring at me and then later apologized for one of his buddies who yelled at us lol
Many "random" encounters later, he became my husband.
eyelove.gif

Turns out, they weren't really bothered by the noise. They just wanted to greet us in their so called 'non creepy way'. It was actually his idea hahah I'd be really uncomfortable if a bunch of dudes just showed up at our campsite for no apparent reason.

Good move, darling.
cheerleader.gif

RedR0se

I met Luc through his sister, she and I were friends online and he saw a photo of me on her MySpace so she brought him to my work for us to meet and the rest is history :p 6 years this April!

Latest posts