How do you collect all that loot???

BenefitAddict

(Sorry, this might not be the right forum.)
I'm just curious because I have seen people with lots and lots and LOTS of MAC.
How do you collect everything?
How do you get all the money for it?
Tips, please!
Thank you

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenefitAddict
(Sorry, this might not be the right forum.)
I'm just curious because I have seen people with lots and lots and LOTS of MAC.
How do you collect everything?
How do you get all the money for it?
Tips, please!
Thank you

Get a job and earn a wage.

Unfortunately there is no make-up fairy to bestow gifts upon the deserving, so you'll just have to earn an income to get your MAC fix.

Lissa

I think most people with the largest collections have probably been buying Mac for a long time. Not many people I know can afford to go and spend 100s or 1000s in one go so it all gets built up over time.

For me, I buy a little every time I have extra money. For some reason I prefer buying makeup to clothes and other luxuries so most of my spare spending money goes on Mac. It makes me happy!!

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Get a job and earn a wage.

Unfortunately there is no make-up fairy to bestow gifts upon the deserving, so you'll just have to earn an income to get your MAC fix.

I have a makeup fairy who gives me new collections ;_;

Butya I just save up money I get and then explode it all on a new collection :3

KikiB

I work hard for my money, and a good portion of my paycheck does eventually make its way to MAC. If I was not working, I would not be wearing makeup like how I am now because I'm not given stuff on a silver platter.

redambition

no fair! i want a makeup fairy! *stomps foot*
tong.gif

I pay for mine out of my disposable income, or get my SO to buy me some as a birthday gift.

Beauty Mark

I've been buying makeup a long time. I don't have a lot of MAC, but i have decent amounts of other stuff.

For me, I set a bit of money aside. For other people, they may have high paying jobs, don't spend money on other stuff like going out or cars or cable, for others, they may have generous SOs.

*Stargazer*

I have a DH who doesn't care what I spend on MAC and have been hording it since at least 1996.

Needless to say, it has it's own rider on my homeowner's policy
smiles.gif

KittieSparkles

Most of us that have a large collection we have been collecting for a very long time. The only thing that I spend my money on is make-up and shoes, So when I have some extra cash I buy something. Also I ask for MAC gift cards for birthday's and x-mas so that helps.

Divinity

I too have been buying from LE MAC collections for a while to build up my stash. Specktra is a great way to keep you informed of the upcoming collections and swatches so you can budget for what you want
smiles.gif
I agree that gift cards totally help for birthday and Christmas too!

kimmy

i'm trying to slow down my buying right now, but i just buy what i want when i want it. i'm very conservative with my spending money usually, so that leaves me a pretty forgiving makeup budget. when a new collection comes out, i check the swatch forum for stuff i definately have to check out, then i go in and see if it's really what i think it is, and if it is, i buy it.

my dad usually gets me nordstroms gift certificates for holidays, so that helps too.
smiles.gif

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittieSparkles
Also I ask for MAC gift cards for birthday's and x-mas so that helps.

This I only started buying MAC the last 3-4 months, my birthday is next month and that's what I'm doing, I told everyone you can't go wrong with MAC gift cards

My makeup fairy is dh (I'm a sahm) BUT he likes that I'm actually buying for myself instead of the kids closets, so he doesn't say much and I try to keep it within limits.

GlossyAbby

I just save a little here and there for it....I try nad only buy what I know I will wear and love though so i dont spend all my money

Nox

I would resist looking at all the impressive loot of many of the members here. It's always tempting to hop on the bandwagon, but I love having control of my finances more. Buy what you want, when you need it. There are many times that I have seen things that I could afford, but didn't buy because I knew that even though I liked it, I wouldn't use it, which is a waste. To me, makeup in my collection has no purpose if it's not going to get used. Therefore I buy only what I know I will potentially use a lot, and not one thing more.

Many folks buy what they want when they want because they have the disposable income to do so. Many folks have a large collection because makeup is how they earn a living. Many, as have come forward here, myself included, have been collecting for a very long time. There are various reasons.

Brittni

LOL @ ABOVE POSTER!

I don't buy clothes. and I don't spend money on anything else, really.

Specktra and MAC Livejournal sales help a lot, too. You can get gently used items for a few bucks off.