How long does it take you to do your make-up?

beth_w

Hiya,

I was just wondering...being quite new to make-up really and not having much confidence in my ability (or in the way I look!), how long does it take you to do your make-up usually? It seems to take me hours, I do it so slowly!

browneyedbaby

On a work day 10 mins which is foundation, blush, concealer, mascara and maybe a little liner.

Any other time between 20 and 45 minutes depending what I want to do and where I'm going.

PRETTYGIRL26

cutey.gif
About 20 minutes I think we should do some TUT's on 15 minute make-up looks.

gigglegirl

If I'm running late or whatever I check the time. If I have 30 mins I'll do it, otherwise its a no go. I need time to blend the foundation (I hate when my 190 gives me a line-y type look) and then of course I focus on my eyes, what with a base, and usually at a minimum 3 different colours. Sometimes more. Also gives me a few mins to wipe it off if I'm having a bad morning (esp. since I'm fairly new to makeup too, its been less than a year for me).

shorty

15-20 mins on an average day

30 mins for a standard night out/date with my boy

40 mins for something/where special including lashes etc
winks.gif

athena123

About 10-15 minutes - this doesn't include time spent on my skincare routine. For special occasions and evenings, I'll spend much more time - about 20-30 minutes, tops.

Divinity

Dude if I'm working I HAVE to leave the house with SOMETHING on! 5 minutes on a late day and 20 minutes on a good-have more time-creative day.

chocolategoddes

Since i'm so naturally gorgeous (pshhh yeah, right!) I usually do a quick 5 minute school look consisting of eyeshadow, mascara, blush, and chapstick. When I'm actually trying I can take up to half an hour.

liv

It depends on how much time I have. If I'm in an absolute rush, I can do a quick five minute job. It's nothing great (mineral loose powder on skin, blush, mascara, lipgloss), but it's enough to make me not feel like the walking dead. I can spend up to about 30 minutes, more if I'm dawdling and doing other stuff

Beauty Mark

15, longer if I'm doing something fancy or going out. Sometimes, selecting the colors take longer than the actual application

Araylan

10-20 minutes for eyes & full face. It usually just depends on whether I'm doing a quick neutral look or a colorful look that I need to spend a little more time on.

urbanlilyfairy

15-45 mins depends on lots of factors ..how much time I have, where I am going, what look im going for ...or if i have no idea what i want to do that day and have all the time in the world hehe ... every once in a while when im in a rush I can do presentable minimal face in about 5 mins if need be.

Kuuipo

7 minutes. I time myself everyday. Foundation,multiple,powder,lid primer,shadow,buff face, cheekblush and highlight, liner, mascara,lipstick and gloss-out the door to work. Takes me longer to do other people because I have to talk and tell them what I am doing to them, but I have been doing my face for 30 years now, so its down to a science.

Jot

I think i take ages! seem to get lost in a world of my own once i get into the bathroom - going to have to start timing myself and speeding up my work routine x

Miss_M

About 10 minutes to 15 minutes.

A little longer when I use mineral make-up, since I'm still not very good with loose powders.