Frank-n-Fruter (Rocky Horror)
Rebel
Diva
Flat Out Fabulous
Fashion Revival (Matte Collection)
Dark Side
Viva Glam III
Rich Maroon (Huggable)

I have about 120 MAC lipsticks at the moment . I am trying to convince myself to try a No Buy this year as 120 is too many to easily use regularly.But sometimes lipsticks jut call my name.

Rebecca88

I currently own only 3, mac angel, ruby woo and brave. I was never a big lipstick fan, mostly because I chose the wrong colors and from brands with bad quality. I got these the past two months, and am already eyeing 6 others!

Jill1228

I have about 120 MAC lipsticks at the moment . I am trying to convince myself to try a No Buy this year as 120 is too many to easily use regularly.But sometimes lipsticks jut call my name.
Exactly! If I hear damn husband whine "how many lipsticks do you need?" One more time... :whip:

thefbomb

At the time of writing, I have 234 235 MAC lipsticks including backups but not counting my KLC's, CC's, or glosses. ETA: I am trying to downsize though, so the next time I post I hope this number will be significantly lower.  :peace:  
Holy crap girl! That must be a quite the collection!

Arlandria

Omg, wow! :D

I only have four. Bare Again, Hug me, Faux and Patisserie. Peach Blossom is on its way to me :) And my wish list is a mile long...

what seems to be the consensus on an average amount of lipsticks? I only have 8 but I honestly feel like I don't need much more then that. I understand that some people collect, but I can't imagine having any more then ~50 before shades started to match.

DILLIGAF

what seems to be the consensus on an average amount of lipsticks? I only have 8 but I honestly feel like I don't need much more then that. I understand that some people collect, but I can't imagine having any more then ~50 before shades started to match.
I can honestly say that I don't have one lipstick in my collection that hasn't been used at least once. Like many of the ladies that posted in this tread lipstick is my weakness.
eyelove.gif
Yes there are occasions when I bring home something that looks like something I already own.
cutey.gif
In that case I'm more likely to pass it on to my sister if it cannot be returned. I'm one of those people that even when I don't have on any other makeup product you will find me at least wearing lipstick.
kissy.gif

IHughes

What happens to me at least is that I continue searching for the best formula, so even though I have a certain colour the formula sometimes doesn't work well on me. It becomes an obsession to find the perfect lipsticks! It's a shame it's difficult to sell the ones that don't work on me, that's why I have so many in the end!

Technically 7 but really just 5-

Hue, High Tea (but the bullet broke!! gutted), Speak Louder, Creme Cup and Pure Zen

I have a Pro Longwear I bought in a blog sale but the colour is just terrible so I never pick it up, and I got the 1st Viva Glam Rihanna (and the matching gloss) but a 'friend' stole it before I ever even opened it. Grrrrrr.

AnitaK

Technically 7 but really just 5-

Hue, High Tea (but the bullet broke!! gutted), Speak Louder, Creme Cup and Pure Zen

I have a Pro Longwear I bought in a blog sale but the colour is just terrible so I never pick it up, and I got the 1st Viva Glam Rihanna (and the matching gloss) but a 'friend' stole it before I ever even opened it. Grrrrrr.
Ugh.....that is terrible. My sister recently had her Ruby Woo stolen at her workplace. It is her favourite lipstick too.