How much do you pay for a hair cut?

moonrevel

If my regular hair guy is in, it's actually really cheap since he's the newest to the salon (but still awesome) and it's about $25 with tip, but about $35 if I have to go to someone else when he's out of town. If I get it colored as well, it's usually about $70 total.

I'm amazed how much price difference there is between cities as far as hair cuts go, depending on how "hip" or whatever the city is. Pittsburgh is not so hip, so even though I go to a pretty swanky place to get my hair done, my brother goes to a similarly swanky place in San Francisco, and his hair cut is $100.

MacLover

I pay $47 + tip. I also drive 3hrs to see my stylist. She is amazing and I have tried several people where I live. They just don't give me a cut & color like she does. She has been doing my hair since 1987, and is well worth the drive!

I make a weekend of it and visit friends that I don't get to see very often.
smiles.gif

VaJenna

well my stylist is apparently not working at the salon i usually go to anymore, and they wont tell me where she went
ssad.gif

but when she cut my hair it was 25+tip and if i got color (which is a full head foil, but she always cut me deals) it was 80.

the girl i went to on saturday was $28.

the girl i will be going to in the future is $35 for a cut, and then for a full foil it starts at $90, and for dimensional color (which is what i should have, but i'm hoping we can pretend its a full foil) it starts at $120.

my friend used to cut my hair, so it was always free. but my hair never looked as good as it does now.

Henna

$50 and tip. The most I've spent is $80 in NYC. I have naturally curly hair and this salon was recommended for naturally curly hair. I loved the cut and wish I lived closer to NYC. I wouldn't mind paying that much for the look and, most importantly, the control that this cut gave me.

Glamourpusskitty

I'm really lucky as my big sis is a hairdresser so she usually does my hair or she'll book me in to get one of her trainees to do it (she works part time at a training centre) so it costs me very little to get my hair done.

If my sister does it I'll give her £10 or buy her something if she refuses to take money for it and if I get it done at the training centre then the cost of the stuff needed to do my highlights needs paid plus £5 tip for the person that does it (my hair is ultra thick so usually two people do the highlights as it would take hours for one person to do it. They get £5 each). My sister is really kind and usually pays for the cost of the highlighting stuff too as a treat for me.

If I was to get my hair done in a local hairdressers then it would cost about £65 for my cut and highlights (around $120)

xx

Trashley

woah woah. I only pay $20 + tip for cut and style (Yes! That means straightening too!) for the place I go to. It's not a crappy place like great clips or anything. I think it's just a local salon, it's called Trendeez.

I never got my hair colored there, but once I got full foil at "The Look" for about 80 + tip$ (although she didn't deserve it)

Someone up there posted $200 for full foil???? WHAT! lmao. crazy.

JessieC

100 incl tip for highlights

150 incl tip for color and cut. sometimes i only give 145, but I LOVE my girl, so its usually 150/155.

MeganGMcD

I used to pay *cough95dollarscough* for a cut. However I found someone that does is just as good for 26 and a huge tip!
I color my hair myself and the guy who used to charge me 95 dollars used to tell me how great my colorist was...heehehe.

Eye<3Colour

130 dollars for color/hilite and cut, tip not included. 40 dollars for just a haircut. i tip 5 to 10 dollars w/just a cut, depending on what was done. and 15 to 20 dollar tip when cut and color is done. ive been going to her for 4 years and the price gets higher as she moves up on their scale. sucks for me, but i wouldnt let anyone else do my hair.

Julez

About $45 without tip.

Phew.. I don't feel so bad now, you all seem to pay around the same price. I thought I was paying too much.

breathless

i've always gotten my hair cut by my mom. but, i grew it out past my butt & got two feet cut off just recently. my parents paid for my first salon visit. that sounds so funny since i'm 20 years old. lol. but, it was $80 for the cut.