Hufu: the healthy human flesh alternative.

MAC_Whore

That is some stupid shite. Anything to make a buck. Seriously, how extensive could the research be without actually eating a human?

I see this being a big hit with the disgruntled teen and "vampire" crowd. Anti-social chic, you know? Yeeeeeeahhh.....riiiiight.

Soylent green burritos, anyone?

Is this a joke or is some asshole really selling this?

BRosa

Omg, now I think I´ve seen everything.
shockt.gif

And I supposed it´s FDA approved, lol.

You know, what worries me its the thought behind the "flesh" -- cannibalism. That´s what they´re selling. It´s so incredible how many people is willing to convince others that things that are terribly wrong are actually good. I bet you, in short time this could be the "in" thing to do.
ssad.gif

SparklingWaves

I thought we didn't taste good and that's why animals didn't want to eat us unless they were wounded.

Now, I did hear about a tribe in Mexico that ate the Placenta. Fried placenta- doesn't that sound tasty?

I agree with Mac-Whore. Who did the research to know what humans taste like and who is demanding this?

Hufu burger and fries at McDonalds? Biggy Hufu burger and make that a double please. Will that complete your order, sir? No, I am really in the mood for a toe salad? Does that come with ranch dressing on the side? WHAT?!

That label cracks me up. LOL

SparklingWaves

Sorry, but it looks like it could be pronounced - Hofu.

Hey, dude. You want some fried Hofu. What's that - Dude? It's tofu, but it tastes just like humans. Yeah, what part of humans?

This is insane. I can't imagine this being a big hit.

redambition

ah, no thanks. i like my tofu to taste like tofu.

i can understand where they are coming from in terms of the anthropology thing. but still. ew.

MAC_Whore

I have a little trouble with the anthropology logic. I think it is just an attempt to make the product more "palatable" if you will, by attaching academia to it

In regards to cannibalism, I think the taste/consistency of human flesh is not as important as what motivates it. What makes it desirable to those who practice it? How did it start? Why does it continue? The taste/consistency issue is really secondary.

Oh yeah, and P.S. it sounds like shit. Bleaaa.

captodometer

The societies that practice cannibalism do it for a reason. It was(still is) practiced by some tribes cultures in South America, Africa, and the Pacific Islands. The example that comes to mind is the Fore tribe of New Guinea.

In this case, it was a form of ancestor worship. Family members consumed the bodies of their relatives. Unfortunate side effect was that people developed a disease called kuru, which is kind of like mad cow disease. In case anybody is wondering, the government of New Guinea cracked down on cannibalism 20-30 years ago. A few cases of kuru still occur because of the long incubation period.

The other form of cannibalism has a much more sinister intent. People kill and eat their enemies during tribal warfare. It basically destroys the soul of the victim(or holds it hostage). No soul equals no happy afterlife. I believe that this form of cannibalism existed in New Guinea also.

The only people who would want to purchase Hufu are would-be serial killers, etc. Real cannibals wouldn't have the cultural incentive to buy the product, and even if they did they wouldn't have access. It's not like the average person living in a jungle village has access to a supermarket, or a credit card to go shopping on the internet.

Meat is basically meat. I would guess that human flesh tastes like the flesh of any other omnivorous animal. The reason that most animals don't eat humans is that most people are smart enough to avoid being eaten.

chocolategoddes

mmm... i had Hofurkey for Thanksgiving. Tasted just like our next door neigbor, the mutant turkeyboy. Very authentic. Go out and buy some!
greengrin.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Now, I did hear about a tribe in Mexico that ate the Placenta. Fried placenta- doesn't that sound tasty?

Eating placenta post-birth is more common than you think. It's certainly not limited to remote tribes; it's become increasingly popular amongst body-aware women in the West. In many hospitals and birthing centres it's SOP to store the placenta so that it can be taken home (some people bury it, some people store it, some people eat it - supposedly it's very nutritious).

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
The societies that practice cannibalism do it for a reason. It was(still is) practiced by some tribes cultures in South America, Africa, and the Pacific Islands. The example that comes to mind is the Fore tribe of New Guinea.

In this case, it was a form of ancestor worship. Family members consumed the bodies of their relatives. Unfortunate side effect was that people developed a disease called kuru, which is kind of like mad cow disease. In case anybody is wondering, the government of New Guinea cracked down on cannibalism 20-30 years ago. A few cases of kuru still occur because of the long incubation period.

The other form of cannibalism has a much more sinister intent. People kill and eat their enemies during tribal warfare. It basically destroys the soul of the victim(or holds it hostage). No soul equals no happy afterlife. I believe that this form of cannibalism existed in New Guinea also.

The only people who would want to purchase Hufu are would-be serial killers, etc. Real cannibals wouldn't have the cultural incentive to buy the product, and even if they did they wouldn't have access. It's not like the average person living in a jungle village has access to a supermarket, or a credit card to go shopping on the internet.

Meat is basically meat. I would guess that human flesh tastes like the flesh of any other omnivorous animal. The reason that most animals don't eat humans is that most people are smart enough to avoid being eaten.

You always have such informative posts! I love reading your entries
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
.....They will cremate their loved ones and mix them with banana soup in order to "carry" their loved ones with them if you will.....

Hmmmm.

Question: What would you rather be mixed into when you go?

A. Taco Bell Gordito
B. Vodka drink
C. Ben and Jerry's
D. Liver, Fava beans and a nice Chianti. phfhhfphffhphfff.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Eating placenta post-birth is more common than you think. It's certainly not limited to remote tribes; it's become increasingly popular amongst body-aware women in the West. In many hospitals and birthing centres it's SOP to store the placenta so that it can be taken home (some people bury it, some people store it, some people eat it - supposedly it's very nutritious).

Very true. While I was working in OB, I was asked by a family if they could take the placenta home. The hospital that I was working in would not allow it.

I see it in shampoo and face cream ingredients too.