I got my legs waxed for the first time.

Classic Beauty

OUCH! That hurt like a female dog! And I just got the bottem half of them waxed.
ssad.gif

Eye<3Colour

ha ha, two weeks ago i tried waxing my own legs, and only made it 3/4 of a way on one leg. it hurt so bad. but im def gonna have it done profesionaly. the part that did get waxed is still smooth as silk! i love it

mel0622

OMGosh!! that stuff hurts. i have the one where u can do it yourself. so i tried it last night and i couldnt do it!
lol.gif
i had to have my mom pull it for me! and when she pulled it...she pulled it the wrong way!!! so none of the hairs came off!!! oh man that stuff hurt!

miz_becki

I used to hate waxing so I bought this thing called an epilator or something. You probably heard of them? They like pluck the hairs a bunch of them at once but it doesn’t hurt like you would expect and they don't grow back for ages and it’s really easy to use. Just thought I would rave for this product y'all should buy one.

I have one of these damned torture devices, and find that waxing is at least a lot faster in pulling out hair unlike epilator.

Poor thing, you will get used to it, if you keep it up. The first time is always the worst and the first strip in a session is always the worst.

caffn8me

If you think leg waxing hurts, try underarm waxing!
icon_eek.gif

As they say, "no pain, no gain". It's so nice to have a silky smooth finish for weeks rather than the usual stubble every few days.

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
If you think leg waxing hurts, try underarm waxing!
icon_eek.gif

As they say, "no pain, no gain". It's so nice to have a silky smooth finish for weeks rather than the usual stubble every few days.

actually i've tried this at home. and it didnt hurt me at all. actually i was laughing. lol. again my mom pulled the thing off for me cuz i couldnt see. but then again i think it didnt hurt me because i tweeze them. i think a lot of filipinos do this.

AlliSwan

My mom scared me off from waxing when she said her underarms BLED the first few times...AHHHH....I want to go Brazilian, but I just can't get up the nerve. I'm blond with thin, pale, slow-growing hair, so it's not like I NEED to, but still, the smoothness would be nice!

aziajs

I've never gotten a leg wax but I did get a bikini wax a few years ago and I remember that it hurt but it wasn't that bad. I think my legs would kill me.

Isis

Everyone's got a different pain tollorance. Waxing gets less painful though the more you do it. Waxes with Azuline (a form of chamomile) tend to hurt less, you'll know contains Azuline by it's blue-green color. You could also use hard wax which does not grip the skin like strip waxes do, instead it will only grip the hair. It's actually preferable to use the hard waxes for bikini's, brazilians, underarms, etc for that reason. The are also great for those with sensitive skin.

Christina Victoria

Try clipping your hair with scissors as much as you can before you wax, but leave a bit still up so it will able to be waxed. I found that this lowers the pain -dramatically-.

Isis

Deffinitelly! I wish my clients would do that BEFORE coming in for a Bikini or Brazilian :roll: that way I don't have to. Ick!

xSazx

OMG, I remember the first time I got my legs waxed, OUCHHHHHH!
It has got more bearable with time though, but I find if I have it done while I'm on my period, omg AGONY, LOL.

Isis

Yeah.. you're not supposed to go when it's that time of the month, for that very reason. Live and learn, I say
greengrin.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

OMG I tried to wax my legs with that veet home wax stuff it hurt so much my dad came running into the bathroom coz he thought I was being murdered or something. It hurt so bad I only did one leg and had to shave for the next month every day so it would look the same LOL!

fireatwill

ee. i know a friend who gets her legs waxed. my hair grows so damn fast. ill shave one night and that morning ill have stubble. its ridiculous but i dont think i'd ever be able to do it.

lackofcolor

I bought one to do myself once, but i think it was too cheap of one bc it did not work that well. I want to try it again (with a better one) bc my leg hair grows way too fast!

hazelinsight

i tryed to do my legs once and messed my legs all up. Man it sucks being sensative. It hurt like hell and then i got red bumps afterwards i think i used some sally hanson stuff, just to test it out. I really wouldnt mind going professional though.

aznsmurfy

I don't want to traumtize anyone with my bad waxing experience, but just be careful!! I used hot wax (got the little melter thing and the nice pearl wax, and the blue kind!) to wax under my eyebrow but I ended up ripping off a piece of my eyebrow skin about a 3/4 of dime big. Man, it was tramatic. . .I almost cried. . .haha It hurt a lot too. :p hehe But yeah, I have no problems with leg waxes! I wear shorts year round so my legs aren't that sensitive.
smiles.gif