I went to an ice igloo restaurant! *pics*

user79

On Saturday I went with my bf and his family to an ice igloo restaurant. Basically the whole restaurant is carved into snow and ice! And inside there are lots of tunnels going into smaller rooms where you can eat cheese fondue. You have to take a gondola up the mountain to get there, and it's very peaceful and quiet.

Some quick snaps I took, sorry these aren't the best camera but I only took my point&shoot, and the igloo was very crowded with people!

Nighttime outside up a mountain...you can't see the igloo in this shot, it's behind me.
nighttime.jpg

The bar inside the igloo, all made of ice blocks and snow. We warmed up with shots of vodka and champagne.
bar-1.jpg

Beautiful long stemmed roses, frozen inside blocks of solid ice as decoration.
rose.jpg

Detail carved into front of the bar...
valser.jpg

Drinking champagne at the main entrance part inside the igloo.
prost.jpg

This is what the tables looked like where the fondue was served. The table and seats are carved out of snow, and on top are wool and fur blankets to keep warm.
fondue.jpg

Afterwards there was some traditional live music! And everyone was drinking and dancing.
music.jpg

That's it! At the end of the night we were all very drunk but we had a blast. Inside the igloo it's not actually that cold, much warmer than outside. We went down with the gondola and onto the next bar!

smiles.gif

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
At the end of the night we were all very drunk but we had a blast. Inside the igloo it's not actually that cold, much warmer than outside. We went down with the gondola and onto the next bar!

smiles.gif

Woow, what an awesome place!! The bar looks really cool with those frozen bottles on the inside. Never been to a restaurant like that but I heard about Ice bars, they give you survival blankets at the entrance to warm you up (before taking some good old beverages!!). Looks like you all had a nice time... and this fondue looks really yummy!!

MAC_Whore

And this is why I miss living in europe.
ssad.gif
There are soooo many cool things to do. So many cultures. *sigh*

Looks like you had fun! Thanks for the pics!
smiles.gif

c00ki312

i think that restaurant was a great idea. im surprised its quite warm in there and id love to go somewhere like that or the underwater hotel (i dunno if its open yet). thanx 4 sharing.

lizardprincesa

OMGoddess
winks.gif
Absolutely awesome! What a ~cool~ experience (couldn't resist saying that
winks.gif
I hate the Cold...but the experience seems far more *Warm* than Cold
smiles.gif
Thanx for sharing your beautiful photos!

amoona

Hey I think I've seen this on TV before haha. That's really cool, I could never eat there though because I don't do cold haha. It's amazing nonetheless.