I'm composing a list of the best brand name products

Kassie

Hey ladies,

SO, I'm doing a make up makeover and have decided to buy a butt load of new high end products and I want to know whats your favorite high end makeup product and why do you like it so much?

Looking for brands like

urban decay
too faced
makeup forever
stila
mac
smashbox
cover fx
ect.

anything high end or something that acts high end and does a really good job

I want everything from corrector to lipgloss

Everything so help my build my wish list and get the makeup makeover I've been dreaming of.

kassie

glammy girl

Omg there are so many products I love! Start at Mac for all your basics like foundation, concealer and powder, primers. Also, their brushes are amazing. Urban Decay Naked palettes are a must. Smashbox bronzers are awesome. Sleek cosmetics palettes are also a must, so affordable. The list goes on and on, do research online and read beauty blog posts :) You'll soon find out which products you would be interested in :)

shontay07108

Go to Make Up For Ever for the matte eyeshadows and cream eyeshadows are extremely pigmented, true to pan color and last all day. Also, look into their foundations because, for my money, they beat Mac by a mile. They are not harsh on the skin and photograph beautifully. Look to Mac for brushes, eyeshadows, lipstick and lip liners b/c of the variety of color and finishes. Look to Urban Decay for eyeliners- vibrant colors that are water resistant.

Kassie

Thanks so much guys Ok another question though I'm looking for a really good primer something that wont get inside my creases and cake up, something that goes over my undereye lines so when I do put my foundation on it does seep up in my fine lines and look horrible. Also for corrector I need something that wont cake up underneath my eyes, and look wet all the time.

shontay07108

I like Chanel's Base Lumiere primer and Make Up For Ever's HD primer. I've never really found a corrector that I like, but I like 'highlighters' like YSL's touche eclat and the new Armani Maestro Eraser. They both add light to the undereye area.

Kassie

Thanks so much your a great help. I'm new to the high end world of makeup and am just starting to find brands I like. I usually use drugstore brands but am really getting into makeup and am ready to step it up a bit.

glammy girl

Thanks so much guys Ok another question though I'm looking for a really good primer something that wont get inside my creases and cake up, something that goes over my undereye lines so when I do put my foundation on it does seep up in my fine lines and look horrible. Also for corrector I need something that wont cake up underneath my eyes, and look wet all the time.
Try Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer, it's the best at prepping the face for foundation and undereye concealer, doesnt cake up at all if set properly with powder :)

Ikram

You could also consider to start building your high-end collection by getting a couple of great quality pieces from brands like Chanel, Burberry, Armani, Guerlain, Tom Ford, Dolce&Gabbana, Edward Bess. These will last a looong time.

Kassie

yes I plan on started very soon just wanted a bit of insight and what products work the best for my needs. Also for mascara which brand seems to work the best for you ladies, I know I use to use benefit for a while and I really liked using them.

shontay07108

I always come back to Chanel Inimitable. Givenchy just came out with a mascara I like though. It's called Noir Couture 4 in 1.

Kassie

perfect I'll have to check those out. I went on sleek cosmetics website and found 2 palette I adore I'm going to purchuse them, they price is awsome. I really like their eyeshadows.
thanks

Kassie

ok a couple more things ladies, I'm looking for a ultra black eyeliner that doesn't fade and I won't have to replay it every half hour, it's for my water line so it can't be a liquid liner. That brings me to liquid eyeliner I really like the pen liquid eyeliners there my favorite, so is there a high end pen liquid eyeliner you guys use. Last question for translucent powder what do you guys use? I need a good one that doesnt sit on my skin, i even seen girls wearing powder over there foundation and when you see there face in the light your wow! you can really see the power, I don't like that at all. Thanks ladies

Shadowy Lady

urban decay - eyeshadows, eyeliners
too faced - bronzers, cream finish lipsticks, face palettes
makeup forever - matte eyeshadows, lipliners, foundation
stila - eyeshadows, liquid liners
mac - blushes, brushes
Chanel - lipsticks
Nars - blushes, lipsticks, primer

shontay07108

ok a couple more things ladies, I'm looking for a ultra black eyeliner that doesn't fade and I won't have to replay it every half hour, it's for my water line so it can't be a liquid liner. That brings me to liquid eyeliner I really like the pen liquid eyeliners there my favorite, so is there a high end pen liquid eyeliner you guys use. Last question for translucent powder what do you guys use? I need a good one that doesnt sit on my skin, i even seen girls wearing powder over there foundation and when you see there face in the light your wow! you can really see the power, I don't like that at all. Thanks ladies
Black eyeliner for the waterline: perversion eyeliner by Urban Decay. It's a pencil that lasts a long time and it's really black. Also, Make Up For Ever has a black aqua eyes liner in a pot. It goes on very black and lasts a long time. For even better results, you can put the UD liner on and the aqua cream over that. I do that all the time. A pen liner? I really like Make Up For Ever's liquid liners. Shake before you apply and you'll get great color, it lasts all day and it's very easy to control during application. The key to powder is the brush. I don't like Mac's powder brush. I have a real techniques powder brush (you can get it at ulta or amazon.com). It's packed and so you can really buff the powder in instead of it just sitting on your face. My personal fave powder is Make Up For Ever HD, but Laura Mercier also has a good one that I use sometimes.

Kassie

The key to powder is the brush. I don't like Mac's powder brush. I have a real techniques powder brush (you can get it at ulta or amazon.com). It's packed and so you can really buff the powder in instead of it just sitting on your face. My personal fave powder is Make Up For Ever HD, but Laura Mercier also has a good one that I use sometimes.
Sorry I didn't know how to discribe it hahhaa the liquid liners with the felt tip on the end, they almost look like a pen or something lol. Thanks for the powder tip. I'm shopping for all my porducts on amazon so I'll search for it and add it to my wish list. I have a couple techniques down for powder but like you said it's all in the brush, I heard Tom Ford has some really good brushes have you tried any of these before? Yours so good with makeup I feel like were long lost sisters hehehehe. I'd love to learn more from you.

shontay07108

Sorry I didn't know how to discribe it hahhaa the liquid liners with the felt tip on the end, they almost look like a pen or something lol. Thanks for the powder tip. I'm shopping for all my porducts on amazon so I'll search for it and add it to my wish list. I have a couple techniques down for powder but like you said it's all in the brush, I heard Tom Ford has some really good brushes have you tried any of these before? Yours so good with makeup I feel like were long lost sisters hehehehe. I'd love to learn more from you.
Aww. Thanks! Oh, pen liners. I really haven't tried any except for Mac's penultimate (I think that's what it's called). I liked it, but I know some people thought it was just OK. I haven't used it in ages. I haven't tried Tom Ford brushes. I really haven't tried anything from his brand. I don't mind spending a pretty penny for makeup, but his prices seem a bit much for me when I know I can go to YSL or Chanel and get something just as good.

Kassie

Oh, pen liners. I really haven't tried any except for Mac's penultimate (I think that's what it's called). I liked it, but I know some people thought it was just OK. I haven't used it in ages. I haven't tried Tom Ford brushes. I really haven't tried anything from his brand. I don't mind spending a pretty penny for makeup, but his prices seem a bit much for me when I know I can go to YSL or Chanel and get something just as good.
OHHH another thing is I did some research and found that cream foundations are better then liquid ones because there easier to work with and better for blending. What cream foundations do you like ? Yeah Tom Fords not cheap thats for sure. I have just been getting into the mind set, before I was buying drugstore makeup and I was getting bored with everything so I thought I'd try the high end side of things, I don't mind spending money on makeup but I defiently want it to be worth it, that's why I'm looking for advice and you've been so nice and you've given me so much information hahahah I love it. Do you have a makeup blog or anything, you should totally start one you know a lot about makeup.

shontay07108

I really like the Dolce and Gabbana creamy foundation. It's only being sold at Saks right now, as far as I know. It's really, really good. I prefer liquids myself, but I guess that's because I've used them so much and for so long. I don't have a blog. I tried starting one about a year or so ago, but it's a lot of work that I didn't anticipate. So, I just lurk around here and play. :lol: