I'm composing a list of the best brand name products

Kassie

I don't have a blog. I tried starting one about a year or so ago, but it's a lot of work that I didn't anticipate. So, I just lurk around here and play.
lol.gif
hahahaha it's fun to play here. Ok I'll check it out, one more thing and then I'll leave you alone for the night. I like using thermal water or spring water to set my makeup, what's the best water based product you use for setting your makeup?

luvlydee

Thanks so much guys Ok another question though I'm looking for a really good primer something that wont get inside my creases and cake up, something that goes over my undereye lines so when I do put my foundation on it does seep up in my fine lines and look horrible. Also for corrector I need something that wont cake up underneath my eyes, and look wet all the time.
i love nars smudgeproof base for a primer. hmm as for corrector i do like Make Up For Ever camouflage creams. maybe you can see if that works out for you

luvlydee

I don't have a blog. I tried starting one about a year or so ago, but it's a lot of work that I didn't anticipate. So, I just lurk around here and play.
lol.gif
I think you should keep going shontay! posting once in a blue moon is ok if your having fun. lol I would love to hear more reviews from you
heart2.gif

shontay07108

i love nars smudgeproof base for a primer.  hmm as for corrector i do like Make Up For Ever camouflage creams. maybe you can see if that works out for you
Nars primer completely slipped my mind. I love that stuff. As much as I love MUFE, I've never tried the camo creams.
I think you should keep going shontay! posting once in a blue moon is ok if your having fun. lol I would love to hear more reviews from you :heart2:
Thanks, luvlydee. I don't know. I think problem was that it actually wasn't fun. :lol: I don't think I want to put myself out there like that either. I don't really have the temperament for it. That's why I just stay here and post and I am always open to questions anyone has for me. :D

Kassie

i love nars smudgeproof base for a primer. hmm as for corrector i do like Make Up For Ever camouflage creams. maybe you can see if that works out for you
Yes I do have the camouflage creams on my wish list, I spotted them when shopping and thought I'd try them out, they look good. Tanks

I'll have to add the nars primer to my wish list thanks for the advice

tats

Lipsticks - MAC is really good value and has a big choice
Blushes - NARS & Illamasqua (the best 2 brands for blush imho)
Foundation - Estee Lauder double wear (since tried it never looked back or at any other brand)
Mascara - Estee Lauder
Eyeshadows - NARS is my favourite, second is MAC and third is Guerlain
Highlighters - MAC (their beauty powder are the best highlighters as they give beautiful glow)

Dominique33

Hi Kassie,

If you need a subtle blush, I would advise you either a Chanel Joues Contraste ( subtle baked pigments very easy to wear and apply ) or M.A.C Pro longwear blushes ( Office Hours collection ), they're smooth, subtle and very easy to wear. You also have Bare Escensuals compact blushes ( very soft on the skin, perfect texture ). Cargo blushes are very good too. Benefit blushes too, some are really very good ( Hervana, Dallas, Bella Bamba or Coralista ). The new Guerlain duo blush is not bad at all, pretty colours and easy to wear.

As far as lipsticks are concerned : Nars and M.A.C are very good, the Chanel Rouge Coco is ready-to-wear : Mademoiselle, Chintz, Jersey Rose, Gardénia etc.. are soft rosy shades that match with everything. The Guerlain Rouge Automatique is great, a wide range of colours and beautiful colours. The new Estee Lauder lipstick is very good ( rebel raspeberry, forbidden apple, violet electra ), intense and wears long. Bobbi Brown lipstick is pretty good ( in fact M.A.C, Bobbi Brown belong to the Estee Lauder company )

Eyeshadows : Definitely Nars for its wonderful trio eyeshadows and duo. Close to perfection. The Chanel quads ( 4 ombres ) are baked eyeshadows, easy to wear and subtle. Urban Decay Naked 1 and Naked 2 are very pretty. Two Faced is not bad, you can get some pretty makeups with their palettes. Dior 5 couleurs is good but it depends on the collections.

Nail polishes : I love Nars, Chanel, OPI, Essie, Yves Saint-Laurent or Zoya.
nail care : Dior crème abricot ( very good product indeed even if it's thick )

Brands you could avoid ( on the whole because some products are good though ) : Lancôme, Clinique, Clarins , I mean just for makeup. Clarins has really improved over the years, the Holiday collection 2012 looks pretty !

This is it, I have all products mentioned above ( full size and not for review )

Kassie

Lipsticks - MAC is really good value and has a big choice
Blushes - NARS & Illamasqua (the best 2 brands for blush imho)
Foundation - Estee Lauder double wear (since tried it never looked back or at any other brand)
Mascara - Estee Lauder
Eyeshadows - NARS is my favourite, second is MAC and third is Guerlain
Highlighters - MAC (their beauty powder are the best highlighters as they give beautiful glow)
Ok perfect. I adore NARS blush it's already on my amazon list, I'll have to look for the estee lauder foundation, is it a cream or a liquid?

Kassie

Hi Kassie,

If you need a subtle blush, I would advise you either a Chanel Joues Contraste ( subtle baked pigments very easy to wear and apply ) or M.A.C Pro longwear blushes ( Office Hours collection ), they're smooth, subtle and very easy to wear. You also have Bare Escensuals compact blushes ( very soft on the skin, perfect texture ). Cargo blushes are very good too. Benefit blushes too, some are really very good ( Hervana, Dallas, Bella Bamba or Coralista ). The new Guerlain duo blush is not bad at all, pretty colours and easy to wear.

As far as lipsticks are concerned : Nars and M.A.C are very good, the Chanel Rouge Coco is ready-to-wear : Mademoiselle, Chintz, Jersey Rose, Gardénia etc.. are soft rosy shades that match with everything. The Guerlain Rouge Automatique is great, a wide range of colours and beautiful colours. The new Estee Lauder lipstick is very good ( rebel raspeberry, forbidden apple, violet electra ), intense and wears long. Bobbi Brown lipstick is pretty good ( in fact M.A.C, Bobbi Brown belong to the Estee Lauder company )

Eyeshadows : Definitely Nars for its wonderful trio eyeshadows and duo. Close to perfection. The Chanel quads ( 4 ombres ) are baked eyeshadows, easy to wear and subtle. Urban Decay Naked 1 and Naked 2 are very pretty. Two Faced is not bad, you can get some pretty makeups with their palettes. Dior 5 couleurs is good but it depends on the collections.

Nail polishes : I love Nars, Chanel, OPI, Essie, Yves Saint-Laurent or Zoya.
nail care : Dior crème abricot ( very good product indeed even if it's thick )

Brands you could avoid ( on the whole because some products are good though ) : Lancôme, Clinique, Clarins , I mean just for makeup. Clarins has really improved over the years, the Holiday collection 2012 looks pretty !

This is it, I have all products mentioned above ( full size and not for review )
Is clinique creams any good I have a ton of them on amazon list for fine lines and dark circles that kind of thing. What other cream company could I go with? Also I heard that estee lauder is smashbox, is smashbox not a good caompany?

Kassie

Hey ladies I need your help again I'm looking for some really high quality eyeshadows. I also have a couple question, is smashbox a good company? I know there owned by estee lauder.

glammy girl

Mac shadows are obviously a good place to start. Bobbi Brown & Inglot have amazing ones too, so pigmented and easy to blend, I highly recommend them :) Yes Smashbox is a really good company, their products never disappointed me...

Dominique33

Nars eyeshadows are very pretty I think.
Chanel 4 Ombres are classy
YSL palettes ( 4 eyeshadows Pure Chromatics ) are good, esp the new one Nuit Arctique which is really beautiful
Estee Lauder new mono shadow is amazing
M.A.C Pro Longwear are very good

Kassie

Mac shadows are obviously a good place to start. Bobbi Brown & Inglot have amazing ones too, so pigmented and easy to blend, I highly recommend them
smiles.gif
Yes Smashbox is a really good company, their products never disappointed me...

Can't believe how much the bobbi brown eyeshadow palettes but they have some really prettys ones, Inglot I've never heard of them, tried to search them on amazon and I couldn't find a whole lot of their products.

Kassie

Nars eyeshadows are very pretty I think.
Chanel 4 Ombres are classy
YSL palettes ( 4 eyeshadows Pure Chromatics ) are good, esp the new one Nuit Arctique which is really beautiful
Estee Lauder new mono shadow is amazing
M.A.C Pro Longwear are very good

Thanks a lot I have added some of the products to my list. I couldn't find YSL Nuit Arctique eyeshadow but I'll have to keep looking

SweetSweetIrony

Lipstick: MAC for sure, then NARS.
Lipgloss: MAC lipglass and Stila lip glazes.
Foundation: Depends on what coverage you want/skin type. I use NARS Sheer Matte. But I've heard great things about Tarte and UD's.
Powder: I adore UD De-Slick powder. And MAC MSFN.
Blush: NARS and Tarte.
Eyeshadow: MUFE for neutral colours or matte shades. Urban Decay hands down for everything else.
Eyeliner: Urban Decay. MUFE Aqua Creams.
Primer: I like Tarte's Clean Slate primers, Bare Escentuals oil control formula. But I'd experiment with a few.
UD's primer potion or TFSI.
Too Faced lip primer.

Ole Henrikson for moisturizers. I would also invest in some NARS Multiples. I use Copacabana as a highlighter and it's probably one of my favourite make-up products.

Kassie

UD's primer potion or TFSI. Too Faced lip primer.

Ole Henrikson for moisturizers. I would also invest in some NARS Multiples. I use Copacabana as a highlighter and it's probably one of my favourite make-up products.

Ok thanks I'll have to check some of these out, I do llike NARS blush the colors really nice. I didn't know they made lip primer lol I was wondering if they did and I guess you just answered my question hehehe thanks

Kassie

ok pencil shadows I'm obessed over which brand is good for them? I'm looking to get white and black but other colors are good as well