I'm NEVER buying from e-bay again....Please Help...

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Specktra and have been checking out the counterfeit MAC section. I thought e-bay was a great place to save a couple dollars on mac but now, I wish I never purchased anything! I'm not sure I will even be able to enjoy the items I bought because in my mind, I'll be wondering whether they are real or not.

Here are the items I bought. Can you give me your honest opinion on whether or not you think they are fake! I would appreciate it...

MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pigment ~ TAN ~ NIB - eBay (item 360045441128 end time May-01-08 19:43:00 PDT)

NIB Mac Eye Shadow - Springtime Skipper- .04 oz - eBay (item 130216036007 end time Apr-26-08 11:35:24 PDT)

Brand New MAC Eyeshadow Refill in BRULE - eBay (item 360044541118 end time Apr-26-08 08:08:38 PDT)

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeupjess
Hey everyone,

I'm new to Specktra and have been checking out the counterfeit MAC section. I thought e-bay was a great place to save a couple dollars on mac but now, I wish I never purchased anything! I'm not sure I will even be able to enjoy the items I bought because in my mind, I'll be wondering whether they are real or not.

Here are the items I bought. Can you give me your honest opinion on whether or not you think they are fake! I would appreciate it...

MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pigment ~ TAN ~ NIB - eBay (item 360045441128 end time May-01-08 19:43:00 PDT)

NIB Mac Eye Shadow - Springtime Skipper- .04 oz - eBay (item 130216036007 end time Apr-26-08 11:35:24 PDT)

Brand New MAC Eyeshadow Refill in BRULE - eBay (item 360044541118 end time Apr-26-08 08:08:38 PDT)

Hi and welcome
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Well the good news is the refill is ok - they've yet to be counterfeited.
Not sure about the other 2. The pigment's lid seem too shiny but I'm no expert - I've bought enough counterfeit pigments to last me a lifetime
ssad.gif
Not sure about the Barbie either.

I'm sure one of the others will have a better idea than me.

Julie

purrtykitty

The shadows look fine to me, but the pigment looks like it might be fake. The lid is shiny and the jar looks a bit thick. Once you see the bottom of the jar and/or the box, you should better be able to determine whether it's a fake.

redambition

The shadows look ok to me also, but the photo of the springtime skipper has a lot of reflections so it's hard to see clearly. The springtime skipper might need a closer look.

The pigment lid does look shiny, but the box looks fine. This is one you'd need to take a closer look at when you receive it - unfortunately it's too difficult to tell from that photo alone.

panda0410

^^ I have to agree
winks.gif
The pigment I wouldnt be sure about until you actually get it.

The pan is good, and the springtime skipper looks Ok too.

When I receive I will take pictures of it and post it on this thread. I really hope it is not fake but after all the threads, I don't trust ebay anymore!

i got the tan pigment today and the brule refill....here's the skinny...

the brule refill is authentic. no concerns about that.

but the tan pigment i definetly think it's fake. everything you guys said was true. the shiny lid and the color pay off/texture is off. the box looked so genuine i was excited at first but when i took off the lid I just got the creeps. I will be posting pics soon!

red

The Tan looks more like a cheap version of Melon correct? More like a mineral pigment? Very shiney?

A friend of mine got a fake tan and had it shipped to me, got to see it first hand.

I took a million pics. I used my camera phone (not the best quality). Hopefully now it will be easier to determine it's authenticity. BTW, my hand appears darker in the picture then it is in real life.

I could not figure out how to post pictures, sorry, so I just posted the links. If you all need more pictures (different angles, or light) and or swatches let me know. I don't want fake MAC, I payed good money for this and I would just like to enjoy it. I learned my lesson.

panda0410

these pics are too dark for me to say anything really - except that the batch code looks stamped above the colour name? Is this right?

Umm...I'm sorry...I'm fairly new to MAC. On the bottom of the jar, the pigment name is tan and stamped above it is A46. Is that what you are refering to? Or are you talking about the barcode sticker on the bottom of the box? the code for it is M54012 7 73602 54860 6. I know there was a thread about the same bar code number on fakes, but I couldn't find it.

I apologize for the pictures I will try to use a higher quality camera next time.

I appreciate your help BTW...I'm just a newbie!!

panda0410

Yes - the number above the name is what I was referring to. Most of the fake pigments had the numbers stamped BELOW the name. Of course that doesnt exclude yours as being a fake because the quality of the pics arent great its too hard to tell and the fakes keep being updated, but if the number is above the name then that *might* be a good sign.

The best bet to make sure you are buying authentic is to buy direct from mac unless you are prepared to take the risk, and really its better not to if you havent owned the authentic to begin with because you have nothing to compare to. Most of the NEW LEs are still OK to buy from ebay, but stay away from all the regular colours and some of the older LEs because some of them like Accent Red, Coco, Aire De Blu etc etc are being faked too.

marciehelene

hate to be the jerk that says so but with the eyeshadows from the barbie collection, the 'MAC' on the top was in white, and the one you bought is in black. =/ so with that being said, i think it's fake.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciehelene
hate to be the jerk that says so but with the eyeshadows from the barbie collection, the 'MAC' on the top was in white, and the one you bought is in black. =/ so with that being said, i think it's fake.

I vaguely remember the "second lot" of the BLM shadows that came out in the USA as having black writing on the top of the case. These were a second batch made and shipped after the first batch went mad...

Can anyone in the states confirm? I'll look for the posts on here tonight if no one can verify this.

edit: verified by this thread. The second batch of stock had black writing on the lid.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
I vaguely remember the "second lot" of the BLM shadows that came out in the USA as having black writing on the top of the case. These were a second batch made and shipped after the first batch went mad...

Can anyone in the states confirm? I'll look for the posts on here tonight if no one can verify this.

edit: verified by this thread. The second batch of stock had black writing on the lid.

Thats what I thought too!! This was discussed in another thread here on specktra somewhere if I'm not mistaken.
I also have a vague recollection that the Barbies themselves came out with different packaging as well - some had gold and some had black packaging, so its probably reasonable to think that the e/s did too.

edit - you found the thread, thanks!!

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciehelene

Thats not true. Mac came out with a second batch because of the high demand this is what I read on here and that second batch has 'MAC' in color black. I in fact have them in black and its been checked by an MA at MAC and they are 100% authentic.
Just my 2cents.

~~~~EDIT U guys type faster than me LOL