In 3D Discussion

mezzamy

id love to see some lip swatches kuuipo1207 if you dont mind!
greengrin.gif

is the blue and green pearls in some colours very noticeable? id love Apex but im not too keen on having a green pearl on my lips

also, how pigmented are they? could they be quite sheer if only one light layer was applied? id love a shade like Racy or Boundless but they seem so bold compared to what i'm used to

kuuipo1207

I'll swatch 'em as soon as I can get the chance. The blue and green pearls aren't really that noticeable unless you're like looking a magnified mirror, like I was doing. lol. If you applied one light layer, they can be quite sheer. The best thing, and I know this can be a hassle, is to view them in person. Pictures are great yes, but seeing these colors and shades are awesome in person!

mezzamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
I'll swatch 'em as soon as I can get the chance. The blue and green pearls aren't really that noticeable unless you're like looking a magnified mirror, like I was doing. lol. If you applied one light layer, they can be quite sheer. The best thing, and I know this can be a hassle, is to view them in person. Pictures are great yes, but seeing these colors and shades are awesome in person!

nice! thanks so much, they sound awesome
greengrin.gif
gosh id love to see them in real life but im in australia so i could be waiting an awful long time, plus if i go in to see them i'll be tempted to pay the horrible australian retail. methinks i'll just wait for more photos and order off ebay

Stormy

I am going to my MAC store tonight, I can't WAIT to see these! I am not usually into shimmery shades of lipglass, but I might make an exception for these!
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
id love to see some lip swatches kuuipo1207 if you dont mind!
greengrin.gif

is the blue and green pearls in some colours very noticeable? id love Apex but im not too keen on having a green pearl on my lips

also, how pigmented are they? could they be quite sheer if only one light layer was applied? id love a shade like Racy or Boundless but they seem so bold compared to what i'm used to

I tried Apex last night and FELL IN LOVE with it. Apex and Racy are both on my 'list'
lol.gif

They're smooth, they're very soft, and they're not tacky.
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

I am back from the mall and I got Backlit, Touchpoint and Lightswitch l/g and Rosebound and Pink Edge Lipglass Pencils! I am wearing Backlit now and LOVE it! IMO, the lipglass pencils are VERY similar to lustre formula lipsticks in pencil form. They are so smooth and glossy! I don't use lipliner, but I got these to fill my lips with. They are so pretty!

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
IMO, the lipglass pencils are VERY similar to lustre formula lipsticks in pencil form.

I agree. So far I got Backlit, In 3D, and Algorith. It is so hard to decide which ones to get.

AudreyNicole

Awww man, the lipglass pencils are going back! They are SUPER soft. I wanted to try them out so after dinner, I opened one, and tried to apply it to my lips. It breaks almost immediately. Ok, so that happens. I sharpen and try again. Again it breaks right away... now one pencil is already an inch shorter than the other and I still have not lined my lips completely. Such a shame... Back they go!
ssad.gif

Jacq-i

I wasn't that impressed with them, but since I went all the way over to the MAC store, I figured I might as well grab a few.

I just tried one now and they are sooo nice!! The colors look really nice here, and for some reason they didn't look so great in the store? Anyway, they feel great and look so pretty on.

I think I have to go back and get more shades!!

stickles

I was so excited to try these.... but they all turned out so sheer on me, that my list of top 5 dwindled to top 0. I'm skipping this whole collection. Boo, because I do love Palatial.

addicted_2color

I tried this out today because to my surprise they opened up a new mac counter at my macys...so i tried on 4 colors i had my eyes on. i loved 2 out of the 3 i actually did try on...but only bought one touchpoint) i do want to go back because i wore it and adore how great they feel on my lips! not sticky at all and i love the colors. i really was hoping i wasn't going to buy anything but looks like i might go back for at least two more colors.

astronaut

I saw the swatches/tubes and can someone tell me if any of the 3d glosses are similar to venetian, Morning Glory, and Palatial?

claresauntie

I get my gratis for this today, but afterwards am going to buy every one I don't have in my gratis. And probably a few dupes. And I'm getting each pencil, too.

I love the 3-D glass for it's shimmer, but will probably often layer it up on top of another product for color-boost. Don't get me wrong: I love the semi-sheerness, but at work I need more "oomph".
smiles.gif

And you can't beat the pencils! I can stop the running of my lipglass without that strong line around my lips. YAY!

MACHOMULA

I have to get them all!!! I stopped by yesteray to check them out. They are incredible!!!!! I just wish they were going to be permanent!!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHOMULA
I have to get them all!!! I stopped by yesteray to check them out. They are incredible!!!!! I just wish they were going to be permanent!!

Keep buying them! Slimshines sold well, and are going Perm. Let's make the same thing happen with the 3-Ds!

Stormy

My MAC store didn't have the lipglass pencils!!
ssad.gif
They said they never got them in. I was super bummed, I really wanted to see them. I loved the glosses, but only Lightswitch looked really good on me so I got that one. It's so cute and I usually hate anything shimmery.

glittergoddess27

I was surprised by the lipglass pencils,.. but like Audrey Nicole said they do break off easy,.. I find these work better when they are not too sharp. I blunted mine down first and do not sharpen all the way. The texture was soft/sheer and even,.. they are really pretty and can be worn alone. Think I will go back and get one more,..

Wondershine was the stunner for me in this collection. Its simply beautiful on my lips,.. Think I may need a back up,.. I hope this isnt like Flash of Flesh where I go thru 5 tubes and am heartbroken cuz I could use 1 more.

Boundless was the biggest disappointment. It looks beautiful in the tube but once you put it on its so sheer and if you have any creases in your lips the red pearl settles right into them. It was also VERY close to Venetian,... But of course my Venetian is rocking it out cuz I added a touch of Reflects Gold and Reflects Red glitter to it so there was no contest.

princess

I previously wanted 3 shades. When I swatched them earlier I only wanted 2. I will go back to the counter to play with them again when I am not in such a rush. Some of the shades are quite sheer, some are more pigmented like Racy. That one is gorgeous!

talk2mesun

For those of you who've bought some glosses, if it's at all possible, I'd love to see more pictures with the glosses used on the lips!