In 3D Discussion

oddinary

I really like the look of Energy - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is sheer, pigmented and whatnot? Thanks
smiles.gif

ambidextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
I really like the look of Energy - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is sheer, pigmented and whatnot? Thanks
smiles.gif

only swatched in on my hand, but it's rather sheer with a peachy glow like Elle/Phosphorelle lipglass. only the base is not white but nude toned, however since it's so sheer I think they would look very similar on lips

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I saw the swatches/tubes and can someone tell me if any of the 3d glosses are similar to venetian, Morning Glory, and Palatial?

Hi just got back today from checking these out. I think Racy is very similar to Palatial although I only swatched on my hand. HTH

I only picked up In 3D as it looked absolutely gorgeous in the tube. I have to say I am disappointed after I got home. It's too sheer for my liking. I have Palatial and imo it doesn't even come close to my Palatial, I can hardly see the duochrome. I think this may be going back for an exchange/return.

ps - I posted swatches in the swatch section if you want to check it out.

SugarAsh182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
only swatched in on my hand, but it's rather sheer with a peachy glow like Elle/Phosphorelle lipglass. only the base is not white but nude toned, however since it's so sheer I think they would look very similar on lips

YAY! I love Elle and mine has that awful plasticky smell :-/ This will be a good replacement then!

lvgz

i went to a mac counter the day the line came out, and i definitely was not in love with the glosses. i like shine, like lipglass shine or juicy tubes, but the reflective qualities of the 3d glasses were not my taste. they were REALLY reflective/shiny.

however, the liners were all very silky and nice. glided on more easily than cremestick liners, more sheer/less pigmented though.

the pearls (blue and whatnot) were only noticeable in one or two of the glosses. also, they were not pigmented/opaque. the glosses were sheer imo.

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous

Aw, shucks. I don't like sheer glosses.
ssad.gif
Thanks, though!

charismaticlime

After looking at the swatches, I finally caved and bought Apex. Alone, it's quite sheer, and gives a hint of warmth to the lips, which I like, but I honestly don't see anything all that "3D" about it. I'm almost tempted to purchase a backup, seeing as how MAC doesn't make many similar glosses like this. To me, this almost resembles a less sticky version of Moonbathe lipglass.

princess

For those of you who have seen this collection, do you think Wondershine is a good buy? Close to any existing stuff? I kind of like it but undecided on whether to get it or not. I'm NC20 if it helps.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Has anyone successfully B2M for the 3D glosses?

i B2Med for boundless

user79

I wasn't impressed with these glosses. They look kinda teeny-bopper to me. Meh. I passed on them!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I was SOOOO excited for these since I love lipglosses and these seemed perfect for me! But they were pretty sheer so I was really disappointed
ssad.gif
. IMO you can go get a drugstore brand that'll do more or less the same thing.. *tears

helenoftroy1

I am very disappointed with these collections. The colors are beautiful, but the consistancy of the 3D lipgloss was very thin and it doesn't last.

EmbalmerBabe

I don't know if anyone else asked this all ready but what is so special
about these besides the shiny holographic caps?
I have about a gazillion lipglasses all ready so I am going to pass unless
these are super fabulous.
Prolly will pass any how though...
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
I don't know if anyone else asked this all ready but what is so special
about these besides the shiny holographic caps?
I have about a gazillion lipglasses all ready so I am going to pass unless
these are super fabulous.
Prolly will pass any how though...
smiles.gif

they are duochromatic. kinda like how palatial lustreglass shows pink/green.

shadowaddict

I'm very pale, NW15 is too dark for me. I use NW5 powder though. I want to try one of the new 3D glass but want help with colors. I love the l/s Sunmetal and have been wearing Moonbathe l/g with it but thought maybe trying something a little different would give it a little different look. I think I want a color that is sheer so it will let the metalic of Sunmetal show through but maybe add a little color/something, and I do like shimmer. I've heard so much about how different they are in person and even on as opposed to the swatches. Any ideas? :confused:

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
I'm very pale, NW15 is too dark for me. I use NW5 powder though. I want to try one of the new 3D glass but want help with colors. I love the l/s Sunmetal and have been wearing Moonbathe l/g with it but thought maybe trying something a little different would give it a little different look. I think I want a color that is sheer so it will let the metalic of Sunmetal show through but maybe add a little color/something, and I do like shimmer. I've heard so much about how different they are in person and even on as opposed to the swatches. Any ideas? :confused:

I am NW15 and I got Backlit, Touchpoint, and Lightswitch so far and love them! I want to go back for Energy too. I think there are several shades that will look great over Sunmetal, maybe Backlit, Energy or In 3D?