ladies with hyperpigemention& acne scars

K_ashanti

do you apply your concealer before or after your foundation????? If you have tried both ways which one to you prefer?????

GlamYOURUs

After and then apply powder to set it. I feel like the foundation is the base that I need to work from. A smooth canvas.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
After and then apply powder to set it. I feel like the foundation is the base that I need to work from. A smooth canvas.

Yes, same here. The concealor stays on me all day doing it this way.

chocolategoddes

i've always been taught to use concealer first but now, I guess I should try it after. thanks!
greengrin.gif

elektra513

I have tried it both ways, and foundation first/concealer second works best for me. Set with loose powder and puff afterwards. Definitely working on getting rid of the hyperpigmentation so I won't have to keep doing this. I wish I could get back to wearing only concealer under the eye and powder for the day *sigh*...
th_dunno.gif

Edited: I do conceal my undereye darkness and set it before I do anything else. Next is the foundation, etc.

mena22787

i personally do concealor then tinted moisturizer, then more concealer cuz the tm tends to wipe away some of the concealor

makeba

i have tried both ways. sometimes using the patting method to apply my concealer has helped keep it in place even before or after the foundation application.

smellyocheese

i prefer concealer under. my concealer has quite a different texture than my foundation which is drying and the colour differs a little as well. So usually I'd cover to the point that it looks a tad unnatural but blend it out with the foundation so that it matches.

.VivaDiva.

Neither.

I apply a full coverage concealer to my under eye and blend downward so that it meets the very top of my cheek bone. And then I apply my foundation and and blend it up into concealer on the cheek bone. then set my face with powder.

I just find that it looks a lot more natural this way rather than wearing the 2 on top of each other.

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by .VivaDiva.
Neither.

I apply a full coverage concealer to my under eye and blend downward so that it meets the very top of my cheek bone. And then I apply my foundation and and blend it up into concealer on the cheek bone. then set my face with powder.

I just find that it looks a lot more natural this way rather than wearing the 2 on top of each other.

i never tried this, i will see if this works for me

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by .VivaDiva.
Neither.

Interesting. What kind of hyperpigmentation are you dealing with?

I am looking for a new method to cover that looks more natural for me, and I literally have spots sprinkled over my entire cheek area. Spot concealing is ok, but I want to try different methods...It's annoying
ssad.gif

shinypixiedust

I'm an nc37 / C3 and I have loads of random hyperpigmentation and recently acquired lots of marks from a breakout
ssad.gif
I definitely apply either a thick foundation/concealer just where I need to (like studio stick or studio finish concealer). Or otherwise foundation first (SFF) with concealer dabbed & blended on top (and set with powder). Always gives me perfect coverage compared to the other way around
smiles.gif
xxx

DJ_Roxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
do you apply your concealer before or after your foundation????? If you have tried both ways which one to you prefer?????

I use foundation and foundation only because concealer makes me look pasty. And I'm told since I'm young I really don't need concealer at this point.
yes.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Roxas
I use foundation and foundation only because concealer makes me look pasty. And I'm told since I'm young I really don't need concealer at this point.
yes.gif

When I went got a makeover at the Nars counter about a couple of weekends ago, the MA did just this. It surprisingly was effective (the fact that my skin has been healing doesn't hurt either) and I've been doing this at home ever since. Wow, I actually haven't used concealer on my face in maybe a week or two. Sometimes I add a bit underneath the eyes, but lately it's been rare.

prettysecrets

I apply concealer 1st. Then foundation. Then I got over the spots again with concealer and blend using a big face brush.

wow, now what are you using to clear up the hyperpigmentation?? I have tried using Nandinola fade cream but I think it causes me to break out. I need help
ssad.gif