• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Leopard Print Eye

lara

A break-down of the leopard print eye, as recently reimagined by Kabuki for Harper's Bazaar (pictures here). This is a fairly classic fantasy look; there's a fashion spread featuring this eye design on Elizabeth Taylor that dates back to 1949. I created a similar look for a major assessment piece a while back, using a snow leopard as my inspiration.
smiles.gif

Click for the full-size image, or view it in context here.

For the sake of clarity, I've used the same products as in the HB spread. If anyone attempts this look, be sure to post some pictures!

* I hate to have to write this, but there has been a rash of sticky-fingered image/tutorial theft lately, so fair warning to everyone: if I find this image being redistributed without my knowledge, I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks. I'm more than happy to consider requests for reuse, so don't let your poor internet manners ruin it for everyone else.

ebonyannette

Ooh! Cool! I dont have all those f/l's but I might try it with something else, what would be a good sub? wet shadows?

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Ooh! Cool! I dont have all those f/l's but I might try it with something else, what would be a good sub? wet shadows?

Sure! If you're using damp shadows, don't set the concealer with powder - the shadows will grip the concealer and help to act as a setting agent, and they'll remain vibrant and crisp.
smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Thanks! I might try that!!

Do it! It'd look sassy on you.
smiles.gif

ilovexnerdsx

thankyou so much for this! for halloween im planning to wear this leopard dress type thing and do my eyes like that
smiles.gif
when i make a "test run" ill send pics!
heart.gif

..kels*

haha as soon as i saw this i thought of halloween too.. might try this out for when i hand out candy. thanks for posting it!!
thmbup.gif

MissVanessa

I absolutely love this, but I don't want to have to buy the fluidlines just to try it out. Do you have any other suggestions for trying to pull it off? Eye liners maybe? (Maybe I will just buy them...)