Les Beiges de Chanel

miss o

I wanted to say that I tried Nars foundation.It did nothing for me.I am a pale lady.Chanel have my new foundation.It is magnificent..I actually belive Chanel are thr v.best.The loose powdernatural finish is lovely.The old French houses know about skin.I will be staying with them.Miss O

CarlaSouza

So, is Le Beiges out in Europe yet? If so, where could we buy it? (I have a friend travelling to Europe and im gonna ask her to buy it for me, Im dying to have it!)

cheburaha

Here is a new addition to Les Beiges line: an All-In-One Healthy Glow Cream SPF 30 available in winter 2013. Above is the entire range with the powder and the brush we've seen before.

Miss QQ

Does anyone knows if Chanel is releasing this line in Asia? It is not a my counters yet, and we have the summer and Avant Premiere collections already.

Miss QQ

The powder, cream and brush are up on my country's Chanel website under a new category Healthy Glow Makeup, so it is very likely we are getting it. Yay! I didn't know the US hasn't gotten it too. Let's wait together.

LoveStoned

So, is Le Beiges out in Europe yet? If so, where could we buy it? (I have a friend travelling to Europe and im gonna ask her to buy it for me, Im dying to have it!)
We have the powder here in Croatia. I'm not sure about the kabuki brush though. I want the powder soooo much, the packaging is perfect and the texture of the powder is so silky and soft, looooove it, it immediately went on my wish list the moment I saw it
heart.gif

Miss QQ

Maybe they are a new breed of foundation? After the TMs, bb and cc creams, this could be next, in both powder and cream forms. I wonder they truly gives a glow to the face? This could be the difference. I find bb creams very thick most of the time and could be very mask-like and make my skin look dead. Haven't try the cc creams so I can't comment.

Anneri

I really doubt that the coverage is high enough for a foundation. I just tested the powders on the back of my hand at my counter but they are quite sheer imo. I can imagine using those as setting powders like the Nars one (I think they are even more finely milled than the Nars). The SAs promote them as highlighters, products for contouring and bronzers, too - I think they're really a multipurpose product. You've decide beforehand what you want them to be, and choose according to that.

Almus

I use mine as an all-over-the-face "setting powder" (shade 30). What I find more interesting about this powder is that they deliver a touch of color. For example, I have freckles, a bit of discoloration in my forehead and minor spots resulting from acne. Being said that, I don't use foundation all over my face (I use Diorskin nude at the moment), cause I do also have a very oily skin. So I just apply a thin layer of foundation on my cheeks, chin and central forehead, and then apply concealer where it is needed at that moment. Les Beiges gives me a velvety, uniform finish that I don't achieve with any other setting powder, and that's maybe because of the subtle coloring it delivers. My foundation matches my skin nicely enough without Les Beiges, but the finish with it is exceptional. Then, throughout the day, I do some retouch and again, because of the slight color, it camouflages any imperfection on the foundation because of the extensive wear (I put my makeup at 7:30 in the morning and take it off at 18:00 usually).

I know that some people (specially all the SAs I have encountered so far) claim they are meant to be used as bronzers. In my honest opinion, I don't see the point of using Les Beiges as bronzers when there are specific products for that that work very well, although I can get that you can achieve a very delicate bronzing-effect out of the deeper shades.

ohheyitsval

Here is a new addition to Les Beiges line: an All-In-One Healthy Glow Cream SPF 30 available in winter 2013. Above is the entire range with the powder and the brush we've seen before.
More information about this:
My sales assistant told me that this cream is going to replace the current tinted moisturizer line.
So the tinted moisturizers that are currently in the permanent line are being discontinued and this is supposed be their subsitute.
Now I don't know how accurate this is, overall my Chanel counters have been pretty good with providing information and have been very accurate too, but I read on some blogs that this was going to be a cream foundation, available in just two colors, 10 and 20.

I personally trust the information the SA gave me, but just thought I'd share so everyone here can share their thoughts
amuse.gif

ohheyitsval

As on how I apply the Les Beiges powder..
I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation and then use the Les Beiges kabuki to press the Les Beiges powder into the foundation/my skin.
It gives an amazing glowy coverage, probably not recommended for oily skin, but it made my normal/slight combination skin look absolutely flawless.
I was brought on the idea by beauty blogger Amelia Liana, from http://liana-beauty.com

pbpink

first post here! huge chanel fan + love the summer collection!!

in US waiting to try les beiges! even though i have seen reviews i am still confused as to if i should hold off on buying a bronzer and powder - i have enough of my terra cotta left to get me through summer - are you guys using this as a powder or bronzer or both? also has anyone used this with the soleil tan del chanel bronzing makeup base? thanks!!

pbpink

I use mine as an all-over-the-face "setting powder" (shade 30). What I find more interesting about this powder is that they deliver a touch of color. For example, I have freckles, a bit of discoloration in my forehead and minor spots resulting from acne. Being said that, I don't use foundation all over my face (I use Diorskin nude at the moment), cause I do also have a very oily skin. So I just apply a thin layer of foundation on my cheeks, chin and central forehead, and then apply concealer where it is needed at that moment. Les Beiges gives me a velvety, uniform finish that I don't achieve with any other setting powder, and that's maybe because of the subtle coloring it delivers. My foundation matches my skin nicely enough without Les Beiges, but the finish with it is exceptional. Then, throughout the day, I do some retouch and again, because of the slight color, it camouflages any imperfection on the foundation because of the extensive wear (I put my makeup at 7:30 in the morning and take it off at 18:00 usually).

I know that some people (specially all the SAs I have encountered so far) claim they are meant to be used as bronzers. In my honest opinion, I don't see the point of using Les Beiges as bronzers when there are specific products for that that work very well, although I can get that you can achieve a very delicate bronzing-effect out of the deeper shades.
thank you for this info - i don't really use setting powder that much, so i wonder if i would be better off with just a bronzer or if les beiges could work as a double purpose if i do a shade darker than what i would pick for a true powder?