Les Beiges de Chanel

Medgal07

On the replenishment - it may not be the case. Mine said replenish every 30 days, but if you click the order link that says 'Replenish' - it will say that there are no scheduled replenishments for this product. Chanel said that their tech people did it that way to be able to do a 'pre-order'
ohboy.gif
lol.gif
dear heavens

Oh & they ARE making a perfume!!!!!!!! WOOT! She said its supposed to smell like their product. I said it better smell like this powder & nothin else
girlhaha.gif
yahoo.gif
You're a riot!!!! They should name it 'Simply Elegant' after you doll
girlhaha.gif

luvlydee

Do you guys think this is better than the nars translucent powder? I just bought the loose version today but im thinking i should return it and get one of the beiges to set my foundation or to just wear on my bare face.

Medgal07

Wow your skin looks flawless! You made a great choice by going with the lighter shades I really like how it highlights the center of you face
eyelove.gif
I agree with you all about the smell. When the MUA was putting it on me I thought she was wearing a perfume that smelled amazing then I realized it was the powder.

I just called another Macy's close by the restaurant I'll be having dinner at tonight and they have it in stock
yahoo.gif
Looks like it'll be traveling with me to Alaska this week!
That's awesome HOB!!! Enjoy Alaska---& be safe!!!

shontay07108

Do you guys think this is better than the nars translucent powder? I just bought the loose version today but im thinking i should return it and get one of the beiges to set my foundation or to just wear on my bare face.
You already know I wasn't a fan of the Nars powder in the first place. :haha: I say give Les Beiges a shot. I think you'd like it.

Monsy

I will return pressed version and get beige instead.
I did not like it at all. enhances my pores and dry spots. Doesnt really do anything.
It's very similar to mac prep and prime powders but I like them much better (i have both compact and loose)

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hi there Luvlydee. The two powders are different----certainlydifferentenough to have both. I have the NLRP, loose & pressed and I love them---but I love LB
too. I wear makeup enough that, at least to my way of thinking, justifies having both. It's like lipstick or blush---one day you feel like red and another day you want
to wear pink. That's how I am with my face powders. If you need to select one over the other I would go with LB. It's just luxurious, the formula is exquisite, it
smells amazing and the packaging isn't too shabby either!! I think the hardest part is selecting the right /most suitable shade.

luvlydee

wavey.gif
Hi there Luvlydee. The two powders are different----certainlydifferentenough to have both. I have the NLRP, loose & pressed and I love them---but I love LB
too. I wear makeup enough that, at least to my way of thinking, justifies having both. It's like lipstick or blush---one day you feel like red and another day you want
to wear pink. That's how I am with my face powders. If you need to select one over the other I would go with LB. It's just luxurious, the formula is exquisite, it
smells amazing and the packaging isn't too shabby either!! I think the hardest part is selecting the right /most suitable shade.
thanks guys! i wasnt too fond of this loose powder while i was playing around with it today... so i think on monday ill go in to return and i'll have to order online because nordies dont have these right? So since I usually go by what shontay gets im going to shoot for #40 lol
oh and this might be off topic but do you think soleil tan de chanel base will show up on my skin tone (i want to use it literally as a bronzing base not really as a finishing bronzer) DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ORDERING MY FIRST CHANEL PRODUCT (affinite blush)??!! i knew this would happen!! lol

ps. Medgal you look gorgeous (as always) with this powder on

Monidoll4u

I think you will like les beiges...it's very natural....it's not matte though ..I think that's why I like it..I'm wearing it over my bb cream..

shontay07108

thanks guys! i wasnt too fond of this loose powder while i was playing around with it today... so i think on monday ill go in to return and i'll have to order online because nordies dont have these right?  So since I usually go by what shontay gets im going to shoot for #40 lol oh and this might be off topic but do you think soleil tan de chanel base will show up on my skin tone (i want to use it literally as a bronzing base not really as a finishing bronzer) DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ORDERING MY FIRST CHANEL PRODUCT (affinite blush)??!! i knew this would happen!! lol ps. Medgal you look gorgeous (as always) with this powder on
:lol: See, this is why you're one of my Specktra buddies. :haha: Aren't you lighter than me? You might be able to use 30 or maybe even 20. Do you have a Neiman's nearby? They seem to have these in stock already. Other places do seem to have the display, though so maybe you can go play with it and then order the one you want. Ingenue and I are the same shade and she got 30. I think these powders are so adaptable that you can go one shade lighter or darker and it'll still work great. It all depends. Man, I want to throw up at the thought of going back to that mall for 30 tomorrow, but I might just do it. I hate the mall on Saturdays. People. and the long walk to Narnia. :nono:

luvlydee

Man, I want to throw up at the thought of going back to that mall for 30 tomorrow, but I might just do it. I hate the mall on Saturdays. People. and the long walk to Narnia.
nonono.gif
i think im lighter than you but its always like a shade lighter lmao (and then the center of my face is even lighter than that) so i still like going by what looks good on you. Im mufe 173 and so are you so i think its safe to say since these powders are sheer whatever works on you will work on me.. I dont have a neiman by me (at least i dont think so) so i just ordered it from the chanel site since they offer free returns.. but for some reason i dont see it under the order history so idk whats up with that. if i find 40 a bit dark which i doubt ill just exchange for a 30 but you seem to like the 40 right so i dont think i can do no wrong... it would still be better than the nars loose translucent powder
cutey.gif
lmao

luvlydee

I got 30 ...I think I want a 20 ...also this is not a mattifying powder...
Is 30 too dark for you? Yea i think im just going to try to let my primer take care of my oils. Once i get oily ill use my blotting sheet and then repowder

Monidoll4u

Yea i think im just going to try to let my primer take care of my oils. Once i get oily ill use my blotting sheet and then repowder
I'm like you I like my foundation or powder a little lighter...LOL..so yes I think 30 is a bit darker but my bf thinks I have a tan ..haha...so I want to get either a 20 or a 10 next ...

luvlydee

Now im wondering if i should have gone with 30 instead of 40 :-X Shontay would you say when you use 40 it looks like you have a tan or look darker if you end up building it up? Im so confused with myself and even more mad at my nearest macys (8 min away) taking out the chanel counter when i started to get into it !! That chanel has been there for years. I wonder what happened.

shontay07108

Now im wondering if i should have gone with 30 instead of 40 :-X Shontay would you say when you use 40 it looks like you have a tan or look darker if you end up building it up? Im so confused with myself and even more mad at my nearest macys (8 min away) taking out the chanel counter when i started to get into it !! That chanel has been there for years. I wonder what happened.
No, it doesn't make me darker at all. I hate that and would've been ranting about it. I returned 60 because it was too dark and the undertone was wrong. When I build 40 up it looks great on me and doesn't change my color.

luvlydee

No, it doesn't make me darker at all. I hate that and would've been ranting about it. I returned 60 because it was too dark and the undertone was wrong. When I build 40 up it looks great on me and doesn't change my color.
Ok thanks thats awesome. When i google 30 it seems like people are saying it has a red undertone which i dont want so 40 should be good.