Les Beiges de Chanel

elegant-one

Medgal -
blush-anim-cl.gif
love.gif
bouquet.gif

You look so soft & pretty! I love the es you're wearing. What is it?

shontay07108

It's like the brush doesn't even exist to me because I have yet to see it in person. I always forget to ask if anyone has it when I'm at a counter. It's OK, though because I don't really dig white face brushes and that price..:shocked:

Dominique33

Right back at you
friends.gif
You're my fav!!!
th_kiss.gif
I'm in love with this powder. My No 30 arrived today and I love it just as much as No 70, both of which I've worn as all-over face powders. The formula is magical in that I can wear these extreme shades for the same purpose. For color purposes only, I compared LB 30 to MAC MSFN Med Deep & Dark, and MAC Mystery Powder in Dark Secret. The shades are pretty close. I also love that the brush washes so nicely---I'm a bit OCD about my brushes being clean.

Fantastic Creme Blush, under Perfection Lumière 64 Beige Ambre foundation,
Delice to highlight high points, face set with Les Beiges No 30, powder set with
Naturopathica's Lavender Honey Balancing Mist to set powder, NARS Schiap lipstick.

Really pretty Medgal, if I may dare you make me think of Diana Ross !

Medgal07

Medgal -
blush-anim-cl.gif
love.gif
bouquet.gif

You look so soft & pretty! I love the es you're wearing. What is it?
Thank you honey, but I was thinking I look mean or pensive---I feel silly smiling at myself for a photo
girlhaha.gif

I'm wearing the Chanel Prelude quad. I'm also wearing the NARS Rue Bonaparte eye pencil that I heard about from YOU.
bouquet.gif

I needed a different neutral eye because I've been really lazy wearing MAC Dark pigment.

Medgal07

It's like the brush doesn't even exist to me because I have yet to see it in person. I always forget to ask if anyone has it when I'm at a counter. It's OK, though because I don't really dig white face brushes and that price..
shockt.gif
Shontay, I swear it washes so nicely. I know it's excessive but it feels so luxurious. Besides which, I'm old and need all the luxuriating I can get.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Dominique33
Really pretty Medgal, if I may dare you make me think of Diana Ross !

lol.gif
Thank you Dominique, but that's an insult to Miss Ross
lol.gif
Besides, Medgal can't sing a lick!!!
lol.gif

Haven

Oh, so you went with 30 for the color. How does that shade look on you? I was wondering what you thought of the powder. Did I miss that?
I love the texture and smell of this product. Plus it gives my skin an overall glow without being too shiny or glittery.

I went for 30 as a safer option. I probably could have tried others (didn't you use 60 for a great effect?) but I was too chicken/ afraid of it being too dark.

vaisforluvrs

I agree! I love just milling around for a long time in Nordies. And...we LOVE the food in our Nordies cafe. Its all good.
LOVE your hair in your new pic!
20 has yellow undertones, 10 has pink. Not sure if that helps you though
lol.gif
If you get the right shade for you, you'll love it.
You got it!!! I didn't read that
lol.gif
You do know that now....you're PAST that slippery slope girl
girlhaha.gif

None of my counters have TF either. I'm going to check out those blushes to see what they look like.
Thanks so much! That definitely helps
greengrin.gif
The 20 sounds like the best choice for me.

By the way, Nordstrom has the powders on their site but they aren't available yet to order. I livechatted with them, and they said that they are expecting the stock any day now.

luvlydee

ok so i got these today and i really dont know how i feel about them yet. I used my 109 to apply and idk i just dont get the healthy look im thinking im going to get. 30 is a better match for me than 40, although 40 seems to give me more color. so idk if i should just return both?? and just get the double perfection lumiere foundation powder??
The 2 illusion d'ombres that i got are to die for though. they are just so beautiful!
You got it!!! I didn't read that
lol.gif
You do know that now....you're PAST that slippery slope girl
girlhaha.gif

None of my counters have TF either. I'm going to check out those blushes to see what they look like.
man i am a hot mess i tell ya
thud.gif
lmao

elegant-one

I love the texture and smell of this product. Plus it gives my skin an overall glow without being too shiny or glittery.

I went for 30 as a safer option. I probably could have tried others (didn't you use 60 for a great effect?) but I was too chicken/ afraid of it being too dark.
Yes I did, but I didn't buy it yet. I should swatch 30 again. Glad you love it.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Ugh, please excuse the condition of my skin and messy hair (it hair wash day) just wanted to upload pics of me wearing No 50 over AJ Crimson BB + D cream (No. 5)

luvlydee

Ugh, please excuse the condition of my skin and messy hair (it hair wash day) just wanted to upload pics of me wearing No 50 over AJ Crimson BB + D cream (No. 5)
Very nice and glowy! Do u think the les beiges powder did anything after u put it over the bb cream?

Teger

I bought the retractable kabuki brush (not at full price lol) and they are very nice. BUT they are not any softer than Illamasqua synthetic brushes. The compact size of this kabuki is nice how the length allows you to control the density (through the sheath) The powders are nice!!! I still love shade 70.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Very nice and glowy! Do u think the les beiges powder did anything after u put it over the bb cream?
Honestly, it did a nice job of setting the bb cream and giving it a nice satin like finish, but I did have highlighter on in those pictures.

I like the powders for making whatever foundation I have a bit more matte, and I will sometimes wear the powders as a base alone. I think if you want a powder that really gives a GLOWY finish, you should look into Laura Merciers Matte Radiance Powder. I think you'd be shade no 1 or 2 (Ingenue wears one of those shades) and I find those to be more glowy than the Chanel. However, I've always wanted the Chanel as a sheer powder base that can at times be used to set foundation and I think it's serving that purpose for me.

I'm a little curious about the Perfection Lumiere powder foundation you mentioned above, but with my dry skin it may not work. The Luxe Babe on YT had a haul video with it and it looked so lovely in the pan.

Ingenue

I just tried 30 and I love it. Honestly, there isn't a world of difference between this and 40. I can easily wear both. 30 might be a 100% match while 40 is a 98% match. Not a big deal at all. In fact, I'm thinking maybe I should exchange 40 for a color that's deeper and use as a contour/bronzer(?). It's a little too expensive to have 2 that are so close in color, right? However, that'll make the second exchange and I hate that
lol.gif
. I'll have to think about it, but I am loving this stuff. Can anyone else see the shimmer on their skin? I've seen youtube reviews where people say they can't see it outside of the pan or a swatch, but it's very visible on my face. Maybe that's because my complexion is deeper.
See... I TOLD you we were 30!
lol.gif
I wore it today. It's stunning. I love it. I honestly can't see ANY shimmer when I wear it. It just looks like skin on me.

Ingenue

Can't wait for you to get it! I got #10 too!

Gorgeous! I need to watch the Lisa Eldridge video, is it up at her website?

I love the scent too. It actually smells like a stronger version of of some Chanel's skincare scent.

Michelle - I hope you get the powder soon!
Thanks! I think the video is on the Chanel site. I put it up on my blog too.

Monidoll4u

I picked up #20 and so far this is the perfect all over powder for me...#30 was to dark I think so I' m using that to contour and bronzing.......

Latest posts