Les Beiges de Chanel

swallace

i went to nordys on saturday and tried 40, which was perfect but the sales associate told me to try 60 on the other half of my face which pulled more pink on me, which i liked.

I left empty handed because i didn't know which to get...and I cant decide if it's worth $58...when i tried it i only had moisturizer on and no foundation. Does it show up more with a non made up face, or over foundation?

If anyone feels like being a bad influence i'd appreciate it.

I also want vialumiere aqua- is it really that amazing?

sss215

I finally found a retractable today at Saks and MY GAWD, that sucker is soft. I'll be working on getting my little makeup budget weight up by $70 so I can grab one. Between that and my Hourglass retractable, my makeup bag is set as far as brushes!

elegant-one

I finally found a retractable today at Saks and MY GAWD, that sucker is soft. I'll be working on getting my little makeup budget weight up by $70 so I can grab one. Between that and my Hourglass retractable, my makeup bag is set as far as brushes!
Isn't it lovely! I wish it wasn't so pricey so I could buy another. So happy that you got it.

sss215

Isn't it lovely! I wish it wasn't so pricey so I could buy another. So happy that you got it.
I know! I had the Le Petit Pinceau touch up brush and the animal hair broke me out so bad that I was in pain for days. The fact that this is a synthetic brush is a win for me. My skin has been reacting badly to some animal hair brushes lately. Le Petit Pinceau was kind of prickly too.

elegant-one

I know! I had the Le Petit Pinceau touch up brush and the animal hair broke me out so bad that I was in pain for days. The fact that this is a synthetic brush is a win for me. My skin has been reacting badly to some animal hair brushes lately. Le Petit Pinceau was kind of prickly too.
So that is possible - to break out from your brush. I had that happen years ago with a Bare Escentuals brush.

shontay07108

So that is possible - to break out from your brush. I had that happen years ago with a Bare Escentuals brush.
I shudder at the mention of Bare Escentuals. I'm convinced the devil started that brand. Natural, my ass. Tried their foundation and 10 minutes later it felt like my face was melting off.

Winthrop44

That was probably when it still had bismuth, right? I had the same experience with Jane Iredale. I switched to Alima (bismuth-free) and used that for a few years, but I don't think the other 2 brands have bismuth anymore either.

I also do way better with synthetic brushes. Animal hair, unless it's super soft like some of the MAC couture brushes, really irritate my rosacea and I get redness and burning. Yuck.

shontay07108

Yeah, it had bismuth. I don't know if they still use it or not and I don't even care. The single worst experience I've ever had with makeup. I also can't use Becca products. It's a shame because the skin perfector was so gorgeous, but I had to take it back. That's before I realized what I was allergic to. I even had a reaction to their lip gloss. That's never happened before!

MissTT

That was probably when it still had bismuth, right? I had the same experience with Jane Iredale. I switched to Alima (bismuth-free) and used that for a few years, but I don't think the other 2 brands have bismuth anymore either.

I also do way better with synthetic brushes. Animal hair, unless it's super soft like some of the MAC couture brushes, really irritate my rosacea and I get redness and burning. Yuck.
When did they give up the bismuth. I had a reaction to BM 2 years ago after wearing it for 2 years. I nearly clawed my flesh off. I'm not sure what I was allergic to b/c I've never had anything like that happen. I even tried the makeup again a month later and the same thing happened.

Prettypackages

When did they give up the bismuth. I had a reaction to BM 2 years ago after wearing it for 2 years. I nearly clawed my flesh off. I'm not sure what I was allergic to b/c I've never had anything like that happen. I even tried the makeup again a month later and the same thing happened.
this is all very interesting. I discovered I had rosacea this year. this summer I hve had a terrible time with my face. It's been feeling so irritated I wanted to literally claw my face off as well. I also would have redness and irritation by my eyes and welts from rubbing the area. Not everyday, but consistent enough, but not enough consistency for me to narrow down what I'm reacting to. I should also mention, most days I didn't have on makeup....Oh and it only happened at work.

elegant-one

No, it was just their brush without using any of their makeup
ssad.gif

I didn't know that they got rid of the bismuth?

Winthrop44

this is all very interesting. I discovered I had rosacea this year. this summer I hve had a terrible time with my face. It's been feeling so irritated I wanted to literally claw my face off as well. I also would have redness and irritation by my eyes and welts from rubbing the area. Not everyday, but consistent enough, but not enough consistency for me to narrow down what I'm reacting to. I should also mention, most days I didn't have on makeup....Oh and it only happened at work.
Sorry to hear that. Rosacea sucks. Does the A/C blow on you at work by any chance, or does a co-worker wear heavy fragrance? Both can be irritating. There's a lot of good info at http://rosacea.org/

Winthrop44

I don't remember the timing. Sorry. But actually if you look on Sephora BE has both a matte formula (bismuth-free) and an "original formula" that still contains bismuth. Jane Iredale seems to have eliminated it altogether.

Winthrop44

Some people have problems with mica, although I'm not sure how much mica would be in there if it's matte. It says "may contain" mica.

sss215

It does happen and it was painful. I called to ask what animal it was, and they didn't know. It's the first animal hair brush I had a bad reaction too.
this is all very interesting.  I discovered I had rosacea this year.   this summer I hve had a terrible time with my face.  It's been feeling so irritated I wanted to literally claw my face off as well.  I also would have redness and irritation by my eyes and welts from rubbing the area.   Not everyday, but consistent enough, but not enough consistency for me to narrow down what I'm reacting to.  I should also mention, most days I didn't have on makeup....Oh and it only happened at work. 
I wonder if skin care that can restore your skin's ph balance could help you with that. I would research brands. ph balanced skin is healthy happy skin

Prettypackages

I finally bought one but the lady gave me 60. I couldn't remember what you all said you liked. So now I have to head back to the store. I knew the lady who helped me didn't know what she was doing... Ah well.

Prettypackages

OK, so I don't think this is going to work for me. I turn into a shiny greaseball. My nose is shiny after an hour. Plus I think I'm breakng out. I have a lot of little red bumps on my forehead and side of my face. It might be the perfume in this. I had an issue with Perfection Lumiere. But I do have to say, it is effortless and evens out my face beautifully.

eta: My face could still be purging... but the greaseball thing is not cute. Did this happen to anyone else.

Latest posts