Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
huh???
icon_eek.gif
"The shades you will receive include style #11, 3, 13, 12, 6, and 7."
icon_eek.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-COSMETICS-6-...cmd ZViewItem

but i love colors #3, 7 6 and 12!

LOL

Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa
I'm guessing these will be popping up a lot because MAC has sent us new hand mirrors so they're getting rid of these . . .

ooh! i wonder what they'll look like!? i haven't seen them in the the storage area yet.

Ambi

Just wondering, there are sellers on eBay who sell like hundreds of MAC eye shadows a month, isn't buying and re-selling them [or anything really] for profit illegal? I mean it's another thing if you buy something and then later realize you're never gonna use it and then sell it but... Where do these people get the stuff they're selling anyway? I doubt they've bought them at a MAC counter [I mean those who sell tons of them]... Not trying to accuse anyone of anything, I'm just curious.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
ooh! i wonder what they'll look like!? i haven't seen them in the the storage area yet.

They're a bit smaller, square(ish) and have two sides, one of which is magnified.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Just wondering, there are sellers on eBay who sell like hundreds of MAC eye shadows a month, isn't buying and re-selling them [or anything really] for profit illegal? I mean it's another thing if you buy something and then later realize you're never gonna use it and then sell it but... Where do these people get the stuff they're selling anyway? I doubt they've bought them at a MAC counter [I mean those who sell tons of them]... Not trying to accuse anyone of anything, I'm just curious.

Provided that the products have been legally obtained and are genuine, selling them is not actually illegal any more than buying and selling a car or clothes for example. It may be that some people get the products as part of their job and their contract forbids resale but that doesn't make it illegal, just a breach of contract which their employer would have to prove to take action against them.

a914butterfly

i emailed southernsal22 asking why he only has numbers instead of the names of the colors like the macwebsite has and that the mac eyeshadows that i buy at the counter do not have mirrors and aplicators in them - so let's see what he writes back?!?! i also noticed that the few people on ebay selling the "fake" mac eyeshadows are all using different numbers for the same color so i also find that amusing. for example one person is saying brown is #3, another is selling brown as #14?? if it was truly mac, it wouldnt be mixed up like that

my opinion
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i emailed southernsal22 asking why he only has numbers instead of the names of the colors like the macwebsite has and that the mac eyeshadows that i buy at the counter do not have mirrors and aplicators in them - so let's see what he writes back?!?! i also noticed that the few people on ebay selling the "fake" mac eyeshadows are all using different numbers for the same color so i also find that amusing. for example one person is saying brown is #3, another is selling brown as #14?? if it was truly mac, it wouldnt be mixed up like that

my opinion
smiles.gif

Numbering is a new system. It means you need far fewer colours as you can make a #6 by using twice as much #3
greengrin.gif

a914butterfly

southernsal22 wrote me back and said that the perfumes look different because they are smaller versions of the original. i emailed him/her back saying that there are no other versions of the perfumes or bottles and that stickers look fake. no further reply as of now. i guess the jig is up for this person!!
dont they realize that die hard mac fans can spot the fakes??!!

rcastel10

^ Yeah, die hard fans can spot fakes, but the problem is that most of these fake items still are being sold to people that probably believe that they are getting real mac stuff. People who are not die hard mac fans. Even some girls that are on this forum still can't tell the difference.

libra14

What's really sad is that people that don't know any better will buy this stuff and think MAC products are crap.

blueyedlady87

This is true. OMG, I can't believe some of the people on ebay! I never had a problem with fakes. But I did buy a blush that was sold as brand new and when I got it not only was it used (alot) but the color was nothing like what she pictured/described. So I asked her if I could return it and she then left me wayyyy negative feedback and started sending me threatening emails. Ebay never responded to my emails so I basically got screwed! I'm done w/ ebay ... at least for awhile. Some of those fakes are SO obvious!!! Another pet peeve I had w/ Ebay is that you have to sift through sooo many pigment samples, and burned MAC training cds, and off-brand shadows which include a MAC sample so they sell it on the MAC section, and fake brushes. It's soooo
th_remoteImage-61.gif

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
southernsal22 wrote me back and said that the perfumes look different because they are smaller versions of the original. i emailed him/her back saying that there are no other versions of the perfumes or bottles and that stickers look fake. no further reply as of now. i guess the jig is up for this person!!
dont they realize that die hard mac fans can spot the fakes??!!

I couldn't find the listings for the perfumes to check, but they actually did come smaller once. Not saying that the seller is legit, because I saw the fake shadows . . . but actually there used to be a smaller and larger version of MV1, MV2, MV3, greenify and pink aura. The current sizes that are sold at mac stores are new. They were just repackaged around the time that Turquatic and Violetrix came out.

AllINeedIsMac