Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcastel10
Even some girls that are on this forum still can't tell the difference.

I second that... Although I only buy from Ebay buyers I know are legit, but some of this look really real!

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
This is true. OMG, I can't believe some of the people on ebay! I never had a problem with fakes. But I did buy a blush that was sold as brand new and when I got it not only was it used (alot) but the color was nothing like what she pictured/described. So I asked her if I could return it and she then left me wayyyy negative feedback and started sending me threatening emails. Ebay never responded to my emails so I basically got screwed! I'm done w/ ebay ... at least for awhile. Some of those fakes are SO obvious!!! Another pet peeve I had w/ Ebay is that you have to sift through sooo many pigment samples, and burned MAC training cds, and off-brand shadows which include a MAC sample so they sell it on the MAC section, and fake brushes. It's soooo
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I TOTALLY AGREE! It takes me at least 15+ minutes to get even close to what I wanted after "sifting" through everything. Like searching for a pigment is HELL after trying to sift all those samples! And I hate when they don't say sample in the title, its in teeny tiny print! I help cut this down by searching this way for example: "coco pigment -tbs -tsp -sample -1/2" and so on and so forth. A big pain, but easier than sifting! haha

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I help cut this down by searching this way for example: "coco pigment -tbs -tsp -sample -1/2" and so on and so forth. A big pain, but easier than sifting! haha

I never know that you could do that! Put the - sign before something to eliminate it

msthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllINeedIsMac
I never know that you could do that! Put the - sign before something to eliminate it

if you look under ebay's help or FAQ, there is a section on search tips.

a914butterfly

i have an update about those fake mac eyeshadows on ebay. i bought one just to see what they are like and i thought it was cute that they have a little mirror and aplicator in it. so anyway, i tried it this morning and the color was pretty. i used it with some of my real mac eyeshadow - and would you believe that after a little while (not even an hour later) - the real mac shadow was still on my lid, but the fake mac eyeshadow was gone!! that is definately not mac
ssad.gif
so beware and dont buy those fake mac eyeshadows from ebay

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i tried it this morning and the color was pretty.

You're a lot braver than me. Fake cosmetic products are most probably made in Thailand or China in dodgy factories where scant regard will be paid to product ingredient safety. They may even contain ingredients banned in most countries. I'm hoping to have a chemical analysis of the ingredients of some of these counterfeit products in the next couple of months and additionally a microbiological analysis of water based products like mascara and lip glosses. I'll post more about this when Iam able to.

lovejam

Hahaha, that's hilarious. I wonder if anyone's pointed this out to the seller.

It has to be a mistake. Everything else this person is selling seems to be reasonably priced, so I doubt they're foolish enough to think that a MAC holiday set is worth that much.

pumpkincat210

I've done things like that before on a bid.. I hit a comma instead of a period and I didn't notice it until i placed my bid :/

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I wonder if anyone's pointed this out to the seller.

It has to be a mistake. Everything else this person is selling seems to be reasonably priced, so I doubt they're foolish enough to think that a MAC holiday set is worth that much.

lol, I just e-mailed the seller... If they reply I'll post it here.

mspixieears

I have an item saved in my watch feature, where Judy Blue e/s started at 150 AUD. No one bought it. Gee, there's a surprise!