Lipstick Queen

MzzRach

Is anyone else a fan of Poppy King's lip range - Lipstick Queen? I've been a fan of hers since she had her first line, Poppy, and I really like her current line, Lipstick Queen. LIPSTICK QUEEN

I have several of the lipsticks in both the Saint and Sinner formulas, and they are fabulous. I see she now has plumping lipglosses in a tube (called Big Bang) that look gorgeous. Anyone tried these?

Is anyone else a fan? I have not seen any chatter about this line, so thought I would start a thread.
winkiss.gif

MzzRach

The Sinner formula is a creamy matte. I do not find it drying, but keep in mind that it is a matte formula. The Sinner lipsticks are SUPER pigmented - I love them.

The Saint formula is much less pigmented but still has a lovely sheer colour to it. The finish is a soft creamy stain, much more moisturizing than the Sinner formula.

What's cool is that the Saint and Sinner range come in the same colours, so if you like one of the mattes, you can get a sheer, glossier version of the same shade, and vice versa. I have Saint and Sinner versions of both Natural (a holy grail shade for me) and Pink. I also have Rouge Sinner, which is another favourite of mine. Next on my list is Saint Berry, and maybe one of the new wand glosses. She has pot glosses as well, but I prefer a wand gloss, easier to swipe on and go.

For the record, I don't work for this company, LOL, I'm just a huge fan. I recently rediscovered these in my stash and had forgotten how much I like them.

argyle_socks

I swatched a couple of the Shine glosses, and they were incredible sticky.
I want to like them so bad, lol.

I am interested in the actual lipsticks, though.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyle_socks
I swatched a couple of the Shine glosses, and they were incredible sticky.
I want to like them so bad, lol.

I am interested in the actual lipsticks, though.

Good to know about the Shine glosses! Since they are a pot gloss, I've pretty much ignored them....
lol.gif

Will likely break down and try and least one of the new Big Bang wand glosses soon. Next time I am in the city I will check these out in person.

ashley8119

I love this brand!! I have 2 "Big Bang" glosses: Energy (bright red) and Creation (shimmery rose), 2 lipsticks: Saint Rose and Natural Sinner, and one of the shine gloss pots (in "Red Sinner"). I actually really like the shine pot...I'm planning on getting the clear one soon. I loveeeee "Lipstick Queen".

Pimpinett

Haven't had an opportunity to try any of these, but I'm definitely interested in the brand. The Sinner lipsticks sound great.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpinett
Haven't had an opportunity to try any of these, but I'm definitely interested in the brand. The Sinner lipsticks sound great.

Please post if you give them a try, I am in love with these lippies.
yes.gif

MrsRjizzle

I have a friend who is going to be at the makeup show in New york upcoming.. she asked me if I wanted her to pick me up any of these and I hadnt heard of them. I am so excited to hear more. The sinner Lippes sound Amazing! MzzRach- Have you swatched the ones you have already? If not would you could you... please please
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
I have a friend who is going to be at the makeup show in New york upcoming.. she asked me if I wanted her to pick me up any of these and I hadnt heard of them. I am so excited to hear more. The sinner Lippes sound Amazing! MzzRach- Have you swatched the ones you have already? If not would you could you... please please
smiles.gif

yes.gif
Will do!

MzzRach

Here are some quick swatches, taken in natural light, no flash, on NW20:

Saint Pink
Pink Sinner
pink-vi.jpg

Saint Natural
Natural Sinner
Rouge Sinner
naturalrouge-vi.jpg

MzzRach

^^^ The LQ Sinner formula is one of those pigmented I have ever used, compared to any brand, including MAC. The Saint formula has much, much less pigment than the Sinner formula, but then that is the point.

I like both formulas a lot and see more of this line in my future for sure.
yes.gif

Krasevayadancer

The oxymoron glosses are amazing! I wrote a whole post on how much I love the formula! The remind me of amplified creams, but with better staying power!

I have tried the shine glosses and they are just way too sticky for my tastes. Seriously, it makes it hard to talk and they glob up and the only way to apply them is by using a very thiiin layer and a brush.

concertina

I've wanted to try her lip products for ages, and I finally broke down and ordered her black lipstick. I'd heard so many raves, I had to see if they were true.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Here are some quick swatches, taken in natural light, no flash, on NW20......

Great pics. I was lemming Pink Sinner so that is fantastic!

Oh,and by the way, thanks for conveniently being my skintone. lol

MrsRjizzle

Here are some additional Swatches. I posted these in the swatch forum as well. I found a store in Berkeley that carried the entire collection. So it was fun to check them out. I have a ton more pictures. If any one wants to see them let me know...