L'oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow

PRESIDENTslim

i CANT wait to see yur swatches. I bought one eyeshadow that was kinda crumbled and that little topper didnt seem t help much... so i took the end of a makeup brush nd softly pressed it back together and it was fixed!
Ahhhh! My order from Canada arrived today and I was so excited b/c I wasn't expecting to see them so soon. I was ready to swatch them out for you guys (even though poshpepper swatched most of them already, but I'm too excited NOT to!) but unfortunately they're all kinda...crumbly? I think I need to let them sit in the AC house for awhile. Traveling in the heat may have warped them b/c when I tried to pull the stopper out, some of the eyeshadow remained stuck to it. Keeping them cool should fix this, right?! STUPID HEAT WAVE!

Pixie, have you received yours yet? If so, how did they arrive?

For reference, I bought Goldmine (US-> Gold Imperial), Forever Pink (US-> Pink Sapphire), Purple Obsession (Perpetual Purple?), Magnetic Coral, Metallic Lilac and Tender Caramel.

Depending how these turn out, I may have a friend send me Sassy Marshmallow, Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turquoise and maybe one other. But I need to make sure that these shape up...ugh, I want to play w/ them already!!!

Also, curious to see how magnetic and pepsy coral compare...

OhSoJaded

i CANT wait to see yur swatches. I bought one eyeshadow that was kinda crumbled and that little topper didnt seem t help much... so i took the end of a makeup brush nd softly pressed it back together and it was fixed!
I actually used the topper to press it back into place...the longer I wait, the better it gets. I should just leave it alone for tonight, since it's getting too dark to take decent pics, but i'm impatient!!!

singer82

I was surprized by her review of Endless Sea. But things work for different people. Personally I love it. It was the first of these I bought. It's what made me fall in love with these! It's stunning!

OhSoJaded

I couldn't wait until I got home from work tonight, so I took a couple of (crappy) swatches with my phone.

Outside/Inside Top to Bottom: Goldmine (Gold Imperial US?), Forever Pink (Pink Sapphire US), Magnetic Coral

Outside/Inside Top to Bottom: Metallic Lilac, Purple Obsession (Perpetual Purple US), Tender Caramel

Let me know if you'd like other swatches. I didn't swatch the US colors I already own b/c they look the same as the ones posted, haha. Sorry if the Tender Caramel swatch didn't come out...I didn't realize that my sleeve and fallen down and rubbed some of the swatch off.

Now it's time to wash the swatches off before my co-workers come in and think I'm
th_crazy2.gif

Jenrbelt

I couldn't wait until I got home from work tonight, so I took a couple of (crappy) swatches with my phone. Now it's time to wash the swatches off before my co-workers come in and think I'm :loco:
Thanks for these! I don't mind Iphone swatches. While the swatches in perfect light and against a white background with a pricey camera are nice, nine times out of ten, I think these are more realistic. When will I ever be standing in front of a white back drop with that much lighting? Laughed at you frantically washing off swatches, I do the same before my hubby comes home! I will swatch something and look at it all day while I am cleaning the house, then get bummed when I have to wash them away! Also I teach 8th grade, and kids have asked me before what is on your arm? By the end of the year last year, they would just laugh at me or ask to see them!

OhSoJaded

Laughed at you frantically washing off swatches, I do the same before my hubby comes home! I will swatch something and look at it all day while I am cleaning the house, then get bummed when I have to wash them away! Also I teach 8th grade, and kids have asked me before what is on your arm? By the end of the year last year, they would just laugh at me or ask to see them!
Haha, I actually have my camera here with me but knowing I have a "nice" camera would compel me to take waaaaaaaaaaay too much time trying to get the "perfect image". And then I'd have to explain what I was doing when people started rolling in...I barely had time to run a makeup wipe down my arm! Now my left sleeve is shimmery. Oh well.

I didn't have cool teachers like you when I was an eighth grader!!!

Richelle83

Oddly enough those are the best swatches I've seen of Metallic Lilac. Most look like the Liquid Diamond with a hint of purple, not with your swatch OhSoJaded! Thank ya!

Jenrbelt

I didn't have cool teachers like you when I was an eighth grader!!! 
They keep me ornery and immature! I have a philosophy about teachers, after so long they begin to act like the grade they teach...I can truly say that at almost 40, I act more like a kid because of them!

OhSoJaded

Does anyone have both Magnetic Coral and Pepsy Coral? I have MC and I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to hunt down PC as well...

duckrodeo

Does anyone have both Magnetic Coral and Pepsy Coral? I have MC and I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to hunt down PC as well...
I think Pixie got both of them. I got PC that shipped yesterday! Not sure when it will arrive, though, tracking hasn't updated.

OhSoJaded

I think Pixie got both of them. I got PC that shipped yesterday! Not sure when it will arrive, though, tracking hasn't updated.
I think I ordered from the same seller. Tracking never updated but mine shipped out on 8/2 and arrived in So Cal on 8/6, so maybe you'll get yours by the end of the week!

duckrodeo

I think I ordered from the same seller. Tracking never updated but mine shipped out on 8/2 and arrived in So Cal on 8/6, so maybe you'll get yours by the end of the week!
Ohh that's good news! I'm in Oregon so it should take roughly the same amount of time, then! The ebay listing says estimated delivery 8/13-8/20. I'm like whaat? a week? I think eBay just throws that in there to give some extra days for actually paying for the item and wiggle room for shipment. I paid right when the auction ended though.

aradhana

I swatched both of these in the store today.....they look extremely similar on my skin tone. magnetic is more reddy coral, and Pepys is more orangey coral. I couldn't decide so I put it off in the hopes they go on sale! I was kinda also wondering how they compare to magnetic attraction. I ended up getting metallic lilac, and in the states yesterday I picked up smolderin(?) plum. haven't tried them yet though....

MAChostage

Ok, I got my Pink Sapphire that I ordered from a seller on Amazon for a low price. I found it to be only ok for me. I was thinking that the color would be really interesting, moreso than other pinks I have or have seen as of late. The big draw for this product in this color, IMO, is the texture of the shadow, which is wonderful. As for the color, I could have gotten by with my EL Pure Color Gelee shadow in Cyber Pink, or even my NYX cream shadow in Pinky Beige (which is actually more opaque and metallic than Pink Sapphire). I do agree that this line overall is pretty impressive.

OhSoJaded

This is how they should be in store! Don't know why they don't come like this.
I agree. I would love it if I could actually go to Ulta and actually buy them in person when they're BUY 2 GET 1 Free. I always end up having to buy them online and paying extra to get free shipping.

Richelle83

So here is my current list, I've been hunting these down for a few weeks now. Bronzed Taupe was my first and killed my wallet!

US

1. Endless Sea
  2. Endless Pearl
  3. Amber Rush
  4. Glistening Garnet-Favorite
  5. Bottomless Java
  6. Perpetual Flame
  7. Eternal Black
  8. Eternal Sunshine
  9. Liquid Diamond
  10. Unlimited Sky
  11. Gold Imperial
  12. Continuous Cocoa
  13. Smoldering Plum
  14. Iced Latte
  15. Bronzed Taupe-Favorite
  16. Golden Emerald
  17. Golden Sage
  18. Midnight Blue

UK/Canada
19. Blue Curacao-meh pigmentation
20. Smoothie Kiwi-meh pigmentation
21. Forever Pink
22. Innocent Turquoise
23. Sassy Marshmallow-Favorite
24. Tender Caramel-Favorite
25. Sahara Treasure
26. Metallic Lilac-Favorite
27. Pepsy Coral

Coming Soon
28. Naughty Strawberry
29. Magnetic Coral
30. Golden Mahogany
31. Bronze Divine(Gleaming Bronze US)

Still have to get these but I'm going to wait.
Sultry Smoke
Time Resist White
Sweet Strawberry

PRESIDENTslim

th_sign_woot.gif

So here is my current list, I've been hunting these down for a few weeks now. Bronzed Taupe was my first and killed my wallet!

US

1. Endless Sea
  2. Endless Pearl
  3. Amber Rush
  5. Bottomless Java
  6. Perpetual Flame
  7. Eternal Black
  8. Eternal Sunshine
  9. Liquid Diamond
  10. Unlimited Sky
  11. Gold Imperial
  12. Continuous Cocoa
  13. Smoldering Plum
  14. Iced Latte
  16. Golden Emerald
  17. Golden Sage
  18. Midnight Blue

UK/Canada
21. Forever Pink
22. Innocent Turquoise
25. Sahara Treasure
27. Pepsy Coral

Coming Soon
28. Naughty Strawberry
29. Magnetic Coral
30. Golden Mahogany

Sultry Smoke
Time Resist White
Sweet Strawberry

aradhana

US

1. Endless Sea
  2. Endless Pearl
  3. Amber Rush
  5. Bottomless Java
  6. Perpetual Flame
  7. Eternal Black
  8. Eternal Sunshine
  9. Liquid Diamond
  10. Unlimited Sky
  11. Gold Imperial
  12. Continuous Cocoa
  13. Smoldering Plum
  14. Iced Latte
  16. Golden Emerald
  17. Golden Sage
  18. Midnight Blue

UK/Canada
21. Forever Pink
22. Innocent Turquoise
25. Sahara Treasure
27. Pepsy Coral

Coming Soon
28. Naughty Strawberry
29. Magnetic Coral
30. Golden Mahogany

Sultry Smoke
Time Resist White
Sweet Strawberry
i love metallic lilac! i wore it today with smoldering plum. i'm really like the texture of them....

i was debating a few more of these the past few days...the canada price keeps me from just buying them all!

i was curious to know what sassy marshmallow looks like. has there been a swatch posted in this thread already? would you believe, they only ever have 5 testers for 10+ shades in the stores around here, and they are always the same ones.