M*A*D Minerals

Briar

Cool, I might order that Satin Glow for those days I'll be stuck in the office, I find a little glow under florescent light is a good thing.
smiles.gif
Thanks!

btw: I tried out my Kunzite again when I was playing yesterday and its definately one of the shades that get muddy/charcoal-y on me. If I packed it on to the lid and didn't move it at all it stayed purple, but if I blended anywhere it got very dark, almost black and lost the color. I might try it over a paintpot like Bare Study and see if that keeps the color more true.

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
btw: I tried out my Kunzite again when I was playing yesterday and its definately one of the shades that get muddy/charcoal-y on me. If I packed it on to the lid and didn't move it at all it stayed purple, but if I blended anywhere it got very dark, almost black and lost the color. I might try it over a paintpot like Bare Study and see if that keeps the color more true.

That might help. Or you could try it over one of the indelible gel liners. However, be warned, swiping too much if you've put shadow over a gel liner WILL make it go away, and it's SO difficult to get it put back on.
ssad.gif

I think that's one of the drawbacks with minerals. Some of the colors just do that. Spritz from MAD is one I've always had difficulties with, as well. It's SO pretty, but it goes away SO easily if you mess with it too much.
ssad.gif

knoxydoll

So I just placed an order for the last 4 gel liners I needed. I've gotten two of my friends hooked on them too. I'll do some really good swatches once they all come in.

entipy

w00t! GEL LINERS!
I wish I'd known, knoxy. I have some I could've sold you at a discount.
winks.gif

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
w00t! GEL LINERS!
I wish I'd known, knoxy. I have some I could've sold you at a discount.
winks.gif

Oh don't worry about it. I actually had to get multiples of some for some friends (we placed on order instead of 3 to save on shipping).

uh_oh_disco

Ace powders (love the foundation setting powders) but a lot of the product cakes itself into the screw-ish bits on the jar and lid. Which is quite messy to deal with, but alright once you have it down to an art haha.

Open your powder jars gently over a piece of paper folded in half. Use a cotton bud to swipe the caked on powder onto the paper, fold the paper in half and tip back into the jar. Sorted!

xoxprincessx0x

hmm..never heard of that site....glad i saw it now though!! as for those mineral powders whats up with the sample baggies and full size ones? what do you guys get?? how big are the $2.50 jar samples??

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
hmm..never heard of that site....glad i saw it now though!! as for those mineral powders whats up with the sample baggies and full size ones? what do you guys get?? how big are the $2.50 jar samples??

The sample jars are about a 1/4 teaspoon of powder, which will last forever if you're trying out the multi-use pigments, or a few applications of foundation (enough to test the color well before making a commitment). The baggies have about the same amount of powder, just in a baggie instead of a plastic lidded jar. Personally I prefer the jars. A full 5g jar is the same size jar as the sample jar but it is packed full of powder, probably about 2-3 teaspoons of product.

These guys really pack their jars to the brim so when you order a 5g jar of powder you get a full 5 grams.

uh_oh_disco

Anyone looking for a true, bright purple with just the right amount of shimmer, Pizzazz = the best. Seriously. I love this purple so much! It look fantastically rich and bright over a creme eyeshadow base/ over pencil 'liners.

Maktgalena

I'm in love with MAD minerals! ^_^

I ordered *ahem* about 60 samples... though 6 were foundations and powders! And 4 rouge-colours... the rest eye shadows, or "multi use mineral pigments" as they themselves call it. Also ordered a fluid foundation sample and a gel eyeliner. Is there anywhere I can post swatches? The swatches-forum does seem to be just for MAC?

Anyhow, I do agree that some of the purples aren't that great. They come off easily and some look more brown or red when applied. Other than that, yes, you need to use more when applying MAD to get the same colour effect as with MAC but not with all colours. The really bright ones give plenty in one stroke.

About the jars, I got probably about a third in these bigger, clear, jars and they spill out incredibly much every time I open them. And also, they tend to open themselves :S

The gel eyeliner is cool, I ordered peacock. It's a lot darker than I thought but can be used as a cream eyeshadow or eye shadow base is smudged and that's pretty cool!

The foundation is great for me. I used to wear make up store "Milk" (suppose most of you don't know about make up store, it's a swedish brand) but I got a lot of outbreaks when wearing it, even if it was the greatest colour ever! Works perfectly with my skintone. Used to mix it up with a moisturizer and the outbreaks got better but I wasn't satisfied still. I've ordered a sample size of the liquid foundation 01-W from MAd and I've used it for halv a week. I think I might have used half the bottle now. For me it covers up great, I have this horrible rosy cheeks and nose and I blush easily but this foundation covers it, WITHOUT me having to use any cocealer. Another great plus is that you just have to use a little and you don't have a stiff and thick layer of makeup, you barely feel it. I use the foundation "fair" as a powder since translucent was much too white (and I'm really pale) and it looks great. I've used "satin glow" powder as a higlighter for the cheekbones but it looks great on all the face too. It really looks natural, no glitters, just a healthy and natural shine to the face. It's a favourite. Next time I'll order full size jars of "fair", "satin glow" and the liquid foundation.

I found their service great, i got very quick replies from any querys I had. Shipping to Sweden took 8 workdays wich is a bit long a delivery time, but then it was just before Easter and it's a big holiday with many days off so I think that's the reason. Usually orders from the US take 3-5 workdays, and a few work colleagues ordered and got the order in 5 workdays time so ordinary it's probably excellent
smiles.gif

Maktgalena

Oh, I forgot! I also ordered a sample of their Liner sealant!
It's great but not the way advised. On their website it says "Put just a drop on your brush or applicator & dip it in any multi-use mineral color. Apply as desired" but I find it's easier if you draw a line (or over the whole lid if used as a primer) on your skin and then gently press the pigment ino it. The mixing probably wirks fine if you can blend it but it dries fast so I found my way of using it better
smiles.gif

The liner sealant is almost equal to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but it's harder to blend colours with the MAD liner sealant.

SkylarV217

I just got my first two orders in. These are awesome minerals. I'm about to have no $ b/c I want to try all of them I can , I have become obsessed. I really want to try the gel eyeliner next

SkylarV217

I just got my orders in , I got 15 different minerals and love them all. I got a free sample of whisper orange and I think I would really like it , Has any one tired it ? I'm almost gonna have to make a new order just so i can get one and one of the gel liners

Briar

The gel liners are great! My next buy is going to be the brow kit, and I really love their multi-use mineral colors, they are so smooth and highly pigmented.

craftykas

hey, anyone used the new indellible cream eyeshadows??
they look nice, especially the gold frost and apricot frost (looks sorta rubenesque).. and is the gel eyeliners as good as the mac fluidline, or hip cream liner??

Briar

I haven't tried the cream shadows because I have so many of the MAC Paintpots but if I ever use any of them up, or MAD comes out with a deep purple cream shadow I'll give it a go. I love the Indelible Gel liners, I find them easier to apply than the MAC fluidlines and the colors are nice. They aren't quite as intense as Fluidline though.

Heiaken

Are the Kabuki brushes any good? I'm thinking of buying a few loose powders and the colours are so gorgeous and thought about trying the mineral foundations too.