M*A*D Minerals

Briar

I haven't tried them myself but I've heard good things about M*A*D's Kabukis. I personally like a somewhat heavier coverage than a kabuki will give so I bought a flat-top foundation brush. It gives me a really good coverage. I basically load up the brush and stipple (pounce) foundation all over my face and then blend the heck out of it.

Miss. Herzeleid

Everyone sounds really excited about these MAD minerals.
I have never tried them before but im thinking about ordering some. I have seen them used by some people and they look really good.

So could anyone tell me, what products are good and what are not so good?

: ]

Thank you

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss. Herzeleid
Everyone sounds really excited about these MAD minerals.
I have never tried them before but im thinking about ordering some. I have seen them used by some people and they look really good.

So could anyone tell me, what products are good and what are not so good?

: ]

Thank you

Their powder foundation is one of my favourite foundations to wear. Coverage is good, thouh not the heaviest. It is buildable and feels very nice and lightweight.
Their e/s are hit or miss for me. I love most of the more neutral shades (Naked, Paris, Alter Ego, Bronze Goddes, Oak Bronze, Andalucite), but I have to warn you on many of the e/s: if you don´t like glitter, many of them won´t work for you.
I really like the indelible gel liners, as well as the indelible eyeshadows. The latter are a nice, cheaper alternative to MAC´s paint pots (Apricot Frost=Rubenesque, Bronze Frost=Indianwood, Bare Necessity=Painterly, Nude Forst=Bare Study and so on).
The liners differ in texture. Some are smooth as MAC fluidlines, some (like Marcasite) are a lot drier and harder to apply.
I love Black Cherry, Peacock, Magnetism and Penny.
HTH!

Miss. Herzeleid

Well i got my first order from MAD, im very pleased.
yahoo.gif

I ordered 7 multi-use colour samples and got 1 sample free. I ordered them on the 18th of last month and they arrived today. I guess they took a while because its around christmas and i live in England. But i was still happy.

The shades i ordered were:
Ancient Gold
Choc. Grapes
Fog
Oak Bronze
Paranoid
Wedding
Black Cherry (my favourite shade, i just love it, its absolutely beautiful)
And i got Holiday as my free sample.

The colours are beautiful and the colour pay off is really good, i think ill have to order more now lol.
I want them all!!! Mwuhahaha

Hehe
th_DANCE.gif

MAHALO

The liquid foundation didn't work for my dark skin (NW43). I found a good color match among the three samples that I ordered but the foundation gave my face an ashy mask like appearance. They sent a free sample of the Pro Pumpkin Peel. I've used it once. So far, I really like the results. There is enough in the sample to use a couple more times. If it continues to perform, I'll probably buy it.

OOPS! that sample of Pumpkin Peel did not come from M*A*D Minerals. It is an NCN Pro product.

Flowitu

here's my two-cents: I bought from them - also the traditional makeup they have, ex. Avon lips; Kabuki for 20 bucks

Eyeshadows: Big Apple, Oak Bronze, Petal

I have to say although they give you a picture, however, the colors do tend look different on people... they have no lasting power, but whatev, I have oily lids, so i don't care much.

BUT.. I recently saw that MAD minerals actually bought and I checked out their website, they have no mention of CREATING their colors. usually, the owners would be proud to say that they formulate and creatign their colors themsleves... hmmm, I think Mad minerals have higher priced samples more than others. ($2 for 1/4 tsp in a baggie! Taylor made only offers $1 for that; and Fyrinnae is only $1.75 in a jar - MAD 1/4 tsp jar = $2.25!)

I'm undecided whether I should be ordering from them again, although they got some really pretty colors..

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowitu
here's my two-cents: I bought from them - also the traditional makeup they have, ex. Avon lips; Kabuki for 20 bucks

Eyeshadows: Big Apple, Oak Bronze, Petal

I have to say although they give you a picture, however, the colors do tend look different on people... they have no lasting power, but whatev, I have oily lids, so i don't care much.

BUT.. I recently saw that MAD minerals actually bought and I checked out their website, they have no mention of CREATING their colors. usually, the owners would be proud to say that they formulate and creatign their colors themsleves... hmmm, I think Mad minerals have higher priced samples more than others. ($2 for 1/4 tsp in a baggie! Taylor made only offers $1 for that; and Fyrinnae is only $1.75 in a jar - MAD 1/4 tsp jar = $2.25!)

I'm undecided whether I should be ordering from them again, although they got some really pretty colors..

I agree that Barbi´s sample prices are high compared to other companies..but she is having sales quite frequently and her full sized jars are nicely priced, especially since they contain a lot more product than those of other companies (they don´t have sifters, or at least they did the last time I ordered).
For me her e/s are hit or miss. I am not a big fan of glitter and a lot of her e/s are glitter bombs. But she has some really, really pretty colours!!
thmbup.gif

monlnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by evah2003
I agree that Barbi´s sample prices are high compared to other companies..but she is having sales quite frequently and her full sized jars are nicely priced, especially since they contain a lot more product than those of other companies (they don´t have sifters, or at least they did the last time I ordered).
For me her e/s are hit or miss. I am not a big fan of glitter and a lot of her e/s are glitter bombs. But she has some really, really pretty colours!!
thmbup.gif

I love the pigments from MAD!

MissResha

i LOVE this stuff. i think a must-have color for everyone is the Coffee pigment. its a seriously deep dark brown and i dont own anything like it. its insane.

LMD84

i have ordered the majority of the whisper minerals line. soooo pretty! they are duo chrome pigments that flash different colours. i will have a specktra blog post up on them soon. i was very happy and my order arrived within 7 days too which is great :)

Shypo

I LOVE the pigments too! I have many of them - I got hooked when I saw SQUALID's looks with them -

FafiNati

I LOVELOVE the pigments so easy and blendable. The face powder I think I got pink veil is wonderful too.