MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

kimibos

If you're thinking about buying blushes from this one or from Strength, I think you could choose one between Amber Glow and Poised if you need. Poised has a little more color to it, Amber Glow adds more effects to the skin. If you have Light Year MSF, you could use it instead of Amber Glow too, although LY is more sparkly + matte. I think I'm going to splurge and snag them all, but another thing to consider is that this sort of nude blush is going to be HUGE in 2013, so there will be even more options down the road, if you want to cut corners right now.
i didnt get light year. i saw poised and its beautiful. but i really want amber glow too. im just going to get both and skip one balm to get poised. i still have alot of tendertones and my holy balm jack sealed. i love how the mes sound like must haves.
heat.gif

singer82

Thanks again for the amazing review Liba! :) The mes sound divine, but I have 16 mes total. So I'm trying to be good. I'm hoping to still skip but Liba is too good! Lol :) So I might have to at least get a few things.

MACina

I can not wait to get these 2
eyelove.gif

Thank you much liba!!!

Pro Longwear Eye Liners:

These are waterline approved AND waterproof, which is excellent. I had Night Trail in my waterline and rimming the lash lines and did an hour workout right after and sweated up a storm and it stayed just fine without smudging or running, even in the waterline! That was impressive. It didn't feel irritating to my eyes like a lot of waterproof liners do, either. Finally, when you did want to take it off, it came off well without a big struggle, which is greatly appreciated, again without irritation. They have a sort of waxy feeling to them, kind of like the p/l lip liners, but for the most part they apply smoothly - they aren't all totally equal in this department, though.

Snow Shadow is the one that has the most trouble. It's a little too waxy and it's not opaque, even if you keep layering it on. It doesn't show up in the waterline either. Such a shame, because it looks great - it just doesn't work that great.

Mountain Air is the richest and brightest and creamiest. It is SO teal, very much a 90's teal, though, so it's bright, but not tropical bright. There isn't much white in the mix. If you love teal liner, have mid or dark skin, and/or brown eyes, you're gonna flip over this one.

Night Trail is my personal favorite. When you swatch it on your hand, it looks like a petrol blue shimmer on top of a black base, but when applied to the eye, it just reads deep inky navy, almost with a purplish cast (at least on me - I think that'd be related to your eye color and also the general color of your lids and lashes). Very sexy and just the right color to set off all the beautiful lipsticks and MES in this collection.

Rich Experience is a very nice, rich brown - it's close to Lord It Up, but a little richer, there's a bit of a sheen to it too, when swatched, but I didn't try it on my eyes.

Black Ice looks like a deep black, but not quite as blue/black as Feline, definitely blacker than some other MAC black pencils, though. I didn't try this one on, but it seemed quite creamy, maybe the creamiest one of the bunch.

If you need a high quality waterproof pencil that isn't irritating, hard to apply or hard to remove, these will take care of business very well. I'm glad they'll be perm.

valkolak

Wowowowowow! Frost at Midnight sounds so stunning! I'm glad since I passed on Winterized. I was really interested in the balms before but after reading Liba's review I think I might want to save money for lipsticks and mes.
pompom.gif
I guess I was hoping the balms would be super glittery. I think for me so far Haute Attitude, Warm Companion and Frost at Midnight are must-haves. I'm not really sure if I'm all that excited over Stereo Rose now.

singer82

Wowowowowow!  Frost at Midnight sounds so stunning!  I'm glad since I passed on Winterized.  I was really interested in the balms before but after reading Liba's review I think I might want to save money for lipsticks and mes.  :pompom:   I guess I was hoping the balms would be super glittery.  I think for me so far Haute Attitude, Warm Companion and Frost at Midnight are must-haves.  I'm not really sure if I'm all that excited over Stereo Rose now.
If you like glittery lipgelees are awesome! And their not sticky and they just glide on your lips. I'm sure they'll be coming out with more.

liba

If you like glittery lipgelees are awesome! And their not sticky and they just glide on your lips. I'm sure they'll be coming out with more.
I hope they do - this is usually the time of the year they bring out the new batch and instead we're getting these balms. I only have a couple of them, but the ones I have make my lips look amazing - any time MAC does that super heavy pearl finish, it's so flattering.

gracie90

My wish list:

Warm Companion l/s
Haute Altitude l/s
Rich Experience e/l
Alpine Bronze MB
Amber Glow MB
Stay Warm! MTLB
Nice and Simple MTLB
Rosy Romance MTLB
Ice MES
Silver Birch MES
Fireside MES
Frost at Midnight MES
Winter Pursuit MES
287 brush

Oops.
icon_eek.gif

luvlydee

i'm still interested in alpine bronze MB and cozy up lipstick.

I'm hoping that cozy up is the perfect nude for me. I love freckletone as a nude but its not pigmented enough to even out my lips completely so if cozy up is similar in color ill probably end up backing it up.

As for alpine bronze, i missed out on worldly wealth and i love my soft meow because im darker skin but as a blush it looks so subtle on my skin i wear it with almost everything and im hoping alpine bronze will be of use just like my soft meow

Milegolas

Hi guys, when I buy something from mac website, does anyone knows if they can hold the delivery? Because I am super excited for this collection, but I won't be at home for the holidays, and there is no one else to pick up the delivery for me =/

MissTT

I think you can hold your packages if you create a UPS My Choice account. I've enjoyed having this account because it always sends you an email the day before a package is to arrive.

liba

i'm still interested in alpine bronze MB and cozy up lipstick.

I'm hoping that cozy up is the perfect nude for me. I love freckletone as a nude but its not pigmented enough to even out my lips completely so if cozy up is similar in color ill probably end up backing it up.

As for alpine bronze, i missed out on worldly wealth and i love my soft meow because im darker skin but as a blush it looks so subtle on my skin i wear it with almost everything and im hoping alpine bronze will be of use just like my soft meow
Alpine Bronze ought to look subtle but lovely on you and will totally even out any skin color stuff!

Did you look good in Salute! but felt it was too light? Then you will LOVE Cozy Up. You look like an NC in your photo, but if you're NW, definitely check out Hot Chocolate too - that one's going to be a HG nude for deeper NW.