MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjc69
I'm sorry if this question sounds a bit dump. Just wanted to get a few things clear before I apply for my pro card.

So you could order through the macpro website alone? Just like how it is on the regular mac website? I always thought that you have to call in to place an order and such. So with ordering on macpro.com, do you have your own credit card with your name on it? I sometimes tends to use my close one's instead when mine is not available.

thanks gurls!

In the US, you can order via macpro.com, and when you place items in your cart, it will show the discount. When you have your pro #, you can register online for an account there.

And the credit/debit card you use MUST have the same name as your pro card and same address as you gave them when applying for the card. (It brings all that info up when you register for an account online.)

I was able to use my debit card, in store, with their keypad thingee, but with my credit card (even though same name, etc.) she had to look at it and run it through herself.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I want to know this answer too!

No, you can not use the pro card for Gone But Not Forgotten

Addicted2him

Im new to this site and the whole forum thing! But i luv MAC and all this info really help me out and ALL of you guys are just AWESOME!!!!!! I finally sent in my pro card app. ill update if i get it or not!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2him
Im new to this site and the whole forum thing! But i luv MAC and all this info really help me out and ALL of you guys are just AWESOME!!!!!! I finally sent in my pro card app. ill update if i get it or not!

Welcome to Specktra!
smiles.gif
Hope that you get your pro card!

Mindy!

Quick Question will a make up contract that I give to my clients work? Or by Contract do they only mean "modeling contracts"? I sen them my buisness card, refrence letter, ad, and a contract just to be safe.

mystikgarden

Ok, I have a question. I am just starting up my freelance business and I have applied for a Mac Pro card twice now. I have been turned down both times. I have sent in my application, business card, copy of my id, and my own voided contract I give to clients. I'm getting very frustrated. I don't have anything else to send but those things. They have just sent the items back to me with no explanation. Any advise on what I should do?

hello_kitty

Quote:
^^ Have you called and asked them why they've been sent back?

+2 I've known several freelancers that sent in the same stuff as you and got accepted...

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie
My mum is a nail technician, would she qualify for a card?

yup
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
+2 I've known several freelancers that sent in the same stuff as you and got accepted...

I don't know why she is getting rejected....that's why I asked if she called them. Her documents aren't the same as the ones i've turned in...
th_confused_new.gif

purplerinne

Quote:
I was just quoting you and saying "+2" as in I agree that she should call them.. sorry for the confusion..

ah gotcha! LOL i guess i don't know all the lingo quite yet....

photogeek

Hey ladies (and perhaps gents),

Just needed to brag that I finally got my act together (after more than a year of putting it off for no good reason) and sent in my application for the Pro Card today (!)

I'm excited.
And nervous.

I know there are 39 pages of 'I sent this and this, do you think I'll get it??' posts in this thread but I hope y'all won't mind one more:
Has anyone ever sent in programs from shows (theater) that they worked makeup for? The application form lists "Program/press Materials with name" as valid proof, but I wonder if that's meant more for the performers. I wasn't sure but crossed my fingers and sent in two programs (from a small but professional independent theater) in which I'm listed the "Makeup Designer" and I also included my business card.
Any input on if you think this will be adequate?

One other question-- has anyone sent their application to the Buffalo, NY office? The address isn't listed on the form but is up on the website so I sent it there to avoid dealing with the delay of sending it out of the country to Canada.

Thanks all, this whole thread has been really helpful!
meg

PS- The shows are 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch' and 'Rocky Horror' in case you were curious
winks.gif

mystikgarden

Quote:
^^ Have you called and asked them why they've been sent back?

Quote:

Yes I finally spoke with them. They told me that "I can not use my own voided contract." I'm not really sure what else I can do at this point. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

KimP827

I sent in my info to MAC by Fax on the 15th. It was my I.D., business card, a reference from a client, and I got a call today saying this was not acceptable. Yesterday, I also faxed over a signed makeup contract, reference from another client who works for JIVE, which was on the JIVE letterhead. So we will see what happens. I PRAY I get it. I don't have a certificate or antything because you don't need one in NY. I freelance.

bluestorm20

hi girls so im kinda of confused as to if i would qualify for a pro card or not. I have done plenty of prom,special occasion makeup and have been compensated for the work ive done, but i never worked for an actualy company i guess you could say. I end up buying alot of makeup for the clients i do and a pro card would help greatly. would i qualify? If so what documents should i send in? I could obivously get the business card but i dont know what i would use for the second piece.

MACKing13

So I sent in my application in December and still have not heard anything. I submitted the application to the Buffalo address. I am assuming after all this time I was denied, however, if they need further information from me, I would be willing to submit it. I just don't know whether they need it or not because I haven't heard anything... anyone have a similar situation? I submitted a check, and it has not been cashed.

photoandmakeup

MACKing,
Have you tried calling the Buffalo office and inquiring about your application?
It sounds like they're supposed to tell you either way, so it's worth checking into, ya know? They might be able to tell you what else you need if they want more info, which would save you from having to apply all over again if you could just fax in one more thing or something like that.
Worth a shot!
m

makeuptianna

Yes, I would like to know as well! This is a great question because I kick out alot of money all the time for my clients!