MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

lyseD

So good to hear -- I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks in advance for the swatches.

I don't hear anyone talking about Handforged Powerpoint, but let me tell you gold diggers out there that this is one SPECTACULAR GOLD EYELINER!!!! It is a beautiful bronzey gold....When they DCd it a few years back and I hunted all over town for a replacement I could not find one from any other makeup line. Most other golds were too yellow, too olive, too orange, too light or not waterproof. This one is just perfect, looks amazing on a range of skintones and eye colors, and stays put far beyond most other liners. I have two still and I am sure I will back it up again!

I will post swatches when daylight rolls around again......

hoshiakari_

There's a picture of Red Racer in the newest issue of Cosmopolitan! There's also a picture of a model wearing it... it kind of looks like Runaway Red to me, but without the fuchsia sheen. I'll try to take a good picture of it lol

Mac-Guy

I don't hear anyone talking about Handforged Powerpoint, but let me tell you gold diggers out there that this is one SPECTACULAR GOLD EYELINER!!!! It is a beautiful bronzey gold....When they DCd it a few years back and I hunted all over town for a replacement I could not find one from any other makeup line. Most other golds were too yellow, too olive, too orange, too light or not waterproof. This one is just perfect, looks amazing on a range of skintones and eye colors, and stays put far beyond most other liners. I have two still and I am sure I will back it up again!

Agreed. I love that it is waterproof. I'm a Powerpoint-fanatic all the way :)

martiangurll

I sort of considered getting handforged for a minute then got distracted with Pearlglides and Fluidlines, all the time neglecting Powerpoints. I do lurve me some gold/bronze eyeliner and this sounds good for waterline. See how I mean the list is growing?

I want the blue shoes the model in the Hey Sailor promo picture is wearing, those are just sick.

Mac-Guy

I sort of considered getting handforged for a minute then got distracted with Pearlglides and Fluidlines, all the time neglecting Powerpoints. I do lurve me some gold/bronze eyeliner and this sounds good for waterline. See how I mean the list is growing?

I want the blue shoes the model in the Hey Sailor promo picture is wearing, those are just sick.
And this time, it wasn't even my fault. ROFL

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Thanks Gracie. Was this confirmed on live chat?

It was, I just hope the info she gave me is actually correct!

hoshiakari_

Here we go...

The lipstick looks the tiniest bit orange-y in the pic because of the overhead lighting.

Took the picture with the natural light from my window. XD I'm guessing it's the lipstick she's wearing since they have the other products that they used... lol

The whole monty.
Sorry if any of the pictures are too big! ^^;;

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by hoshiakari_
Here we go...

The lipstick looks the tiniest bit orange-y in the pic because of the overhead lighting.

Took the picture with the natural light from my window. XD I'm guessing it's the lipstick she's wearing since they have the other products that they used... lol

The whole monty.

It looks gorgeous, and I'm loving the navy metal on the inside of the tube!

Icecaramellatte

I used to wear Handforged a lot. I didn't know it was discontinued. I've been meaning to go through my pencils to see if I still have it or what condition it's in and whether to repurchase it with this collection.

MACcrazy

I want!!!
heart.gif

Here we go...

The whole monty.

Swirlgirl

I love MAC's Powerpoint pencils - - besides NARS Larger than Life pencils and MUFE Aqua eyes, these are my favorite!
I'm excited about Handforged and the kelly green one!

singer82

This is the first summer collection that I've been this excited about from the last few years. I'm glad the powerpoint liners are good. I first I was concerned, but they sound lovely.

OctoberViolet

Oh no! I really was hoping I would skip this collection. That lippie has my name written all over it. Darn! Tx hoshiakari!

Here we go...

The whole monty.