MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

MACerette

Great swatches of the whole collection!
pompom.gif

FOTORELACJA: MAC Hey, Sailor & Reel Sexy | Beautyicon // kosmetyki // testy // recenzje
Wow! Now those are the swatches I was waiting for. Thanks for posting the link!

Anna x

oh my gosh everything looks so awsome! But i have had cut my list down to,
Shore leave l/l
Fleet fast or launch away blush, cant decide which for nc15 but leaning stighly towards fleet fast
pretty good since ive already spent too much on tres cheek and can only really get two things :)

LMD84

everything looks fabulous but i need to limit myself to the highlight powder, green shadow and liner and i think i want one of the body oils :) it might make my arms and legs look nice in the sun! since i lost weight i feel i can wear skirts again! :)

j087

Nautical e/s is disappointing, crossed it off. I wonder how Launch Away and Immortal Flower compare to each other? The pigments are gorgeous, but I rarely use pigments. I'm undecided on the bronzers, as I recently just purchased Harmony blush and have the Glorify EDSF as well.

I'm really liking Launch Away, Fleet Fast, Sail La Vie, Red Racer, Jaunty, Barefoot, and Shore Leave. I'll need to see it in person though before I commit to buying anything.

BEEaboutmakeup

I took a look at the swatches... my list changed slightly.

Emerald Sea Powerpoint Eye Pencil
Riviera Life l/g
Orange Tempera l/g
Feeling Fresh e/s

A lot of this looks dupeable or I already have something similar. This collection will be over-hyped. I can sense it.

theprimrosy

After seeing those swatches my list is:

-Crew
-Both Blushes
and maybe Shore Leave and Orange Tempera (because I wanted it from tour de fabulous but it sold out, however i have to remind myself that 1. i don''t really wear l/g and 2. i don't really like mac lip glasses)

im glad i narrowed down because heavenly creature is going to KILL my wallet that collection is AMAZING!

duckrodeo

Thanks Naynadine! Everything looks gorgeous. I'm only slightly disappointed that Feeling Fresh eyeshadow looks a smidge on the patchy side, but then again that's only a quick swatch. It still has potential to be a very lovely and buildable shade.

Definitely hauling:
Jaunty e/s
Feeling Fresh e/s
Saunter lip pencil
Shore Leave lip pencil
Red Racer lipstick
Emerald Sea eye liner

I'm on the fence about the bronzers, but Sun Dipped looks like it would be quite flattering on me, and the blushes may or may not come home with me (I'm kind of hoping not since I have so many, but who knows...come launch day they might sneak into my bag anyway).

To Catch a Sailor looks like it might be very lovely on the lips. Kind of a more muted Soft Sable in a way. It seems sheer enough to really play well with natural lip color.

MACerette

Nautical e/s is disappointing, crossed it off. I wonder how Launch Away and Immortal Flower compare to each other? The pigments are gorgeous, but I rarely use pigments. I'm undecided on the bronzers, as I recently just purchased Harmony blush and have the Glorify EDSF as well.

I'm really liking Launch Away, Fleet Fast, Sail La Vie, Red Racer, Jaunty, Barefoot, and Shore Leave. I'll need to see it in person though before I commit to buying anything.
Now I'm wondering too. Does anybody know?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I don't think I need both. I'm undecided about the bronzers as well, I don't know why, but for some reason I think the Pro Longwear ones might be drying.
shrugs.gif
I have very dry skin, so maybe one of the regular ones would be the better choice. Also I have no clue which one would suit my NW10-15 skin best.

I have to keep my list short too, my budget is tiny and also the collection will be released together with Extra Dimension and So Reel. So only one or two items for me, if any. I did preorder the Highlight Powder (and Lightscapade) a week ago, but never got a confirmation, so I'm guessing my email got lost or somehting and I won't receive the items.
Looking at the swatches I'm even more confused what to get. Need to decide before Wednesday, I believe that's the release date here.

Yazmin

Thanks everybody. It's really hitting me hard because of how young he was. We had our 19 year old cat die on us too, last November. They are definitely like family to me and I've always been very protective of them. It's also really hard because before these 2, I've never really had to deal with a pet dying. Plus the older one who died, I've had her since I was 6 years old. =(
I feel your pain. I had a 7-month-old kitty die of a congenital heart defect a couple of years ago. I think that was the most devastated I had ever been, and it's still hard to think about, but I try to focus on the joy she brought me in such a short time.

Spanky

Miss Dynamite & PinkdollFace, So sorry to hear of the loss of your cats. I am a cat lover, you will be in my thoughts! Take care, Sarah

Latest posts