MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just saw the words "blackened plum" followed by the letters "vp". Guess I'll be hauling the purple eye set too...
th_drool.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Undercurrent Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Has Made My Day!!!!!!!

I like undercurrent, but I found it doesn't stay on my lower lash line well. Upper lashes only liner unfortunately.

elegant-one

wow - I have a lot of this already. hmmm saves me some$$$$

Mellow Mood - we already had that one right? I'm drawing a blank

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
well, well, well...looky there - VV Vainglorious - already???

Thanks doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
And Oh So Fair is in one of the blush things.
shockt.gif

Probably one of the reasons why no colour story info was available until now.
sneaky.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I just saw the words "blackened plum" followed by the letters "vp". Guess I'll be hauling the purple eye set too...
th_drool.gif

I'm kinda liking all four palettes right now.
greengrin.gif
Damn.

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
omg thank you, Corrine!!! You ROCK!
yahoo.gif

does anyone know which is part 1 and which is part 2? are the set in part 2 or part 1?
TIA!

So from my pics it says Chapter 1 for Lip and Eye bags AND Lip, Eye, and Face kits.

There's more info like the brushes but they looked kinda repetitive so I only took pics of the colors hahaha

TealAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
Nail Lacquer $13
Sly as a Fox- creamy mid tone russet/burnt red (cream)
Style Clan- dark taupe with red pearl (cream)

Ooo!! I have been wanting a not-so-brown polish with redness to it!

Atleast I think russet = brown?

So there are single items to this collection as well as kits?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Probably one of the reasons why no colour story info was available until now.
sneaky.gif

Something is really odd about that
th_confused_new.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
Ooo!! I have been wanting a not-so-brown polish with redness to it!

Atleast I think russet = brown?

So there are single items to this collection as well as kits?

Russet is more of a burnt reddish brown. But the range is broad so it could be anything

TeresitaMC

Quote:
So from my pics it says Chapter 1 for Lip and Eye bags AND Lip, Eye, and Face kits.

There's more info like the brushes but they looked kinda repetitive so I only took pics of the colors hahaha

Thank you so much!!
greengrin.gif
Now I can properly add to my excel sheet
lol.gif
*MAC nerd*
angelic.gif

MACwinked

Quote:
So, the Reelers & Rockers eye palette has 4 VP eyeshadows??? Um, yes, thank you.

Thanks for the scoopage, Corinne!

I can't wait for swatches.

Oh hellllllllz yeah I am stoked about this palette. I've been dying for a true silver and a true gold Veluxe Pearl shadow! Looks like this bad boy will be mine!

Looks like I can pass on most of these so far, now let's see what the pigment sets are gonna look like.

cutegingerbread

OH. MY. GAAAAAHDDDD.
drools.gif
jawdrop.gif
th_DANCE.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
th_worship.gif
choochoo.gif
clapping.gif

I will need to do some SERIOUS saving! there's so many neutral shadows....and a PALETTE with so many VP??? I'm in trouble to say the least lol

sungelly87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Thank you so much!!
greengrin.gif
Now I can properly add to my excel sheet
lol.gif
*MAC nerd*
angelic.gif

An excel sheet, what a great idea!

MzzRach

For all - one part of the collection includes the kits, palettes, lip bags, etc. The other part is the colour story, which includes the single items, such as eyeshadows, glosses, pigments, etc.

I *think* the sets are released first in late October (part 1), with the colour story following in November (part II), but someone please correct me if I am wrong. A holiday release in 2 parts like this is what MAC does every year.

ETA - I may have the order wrong, may be colour story first, then sets. Bottom line, in 2 parts.
winkiss.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
For all - one part of the collection includes the kits, palettes, lip bags, etc. The other part is the colour story, which includes the single items, such as eyeshadows, glosses, pigments, etc.

I *think* the sets are released first in late October (part 1), with the colour story following in November (part II), but someone please correct me if I am wrong. A holiday release in 2 parts like this is what MAC does every year.

I REALLY hope that's the case! It'll give me time to save up and get more LOL
th_LMAO.gif

purplerinne

Quote:

I think the color story comes first....then palettes. oh you know what i didn't see info on was the pigment vials, lipgloss sets etc. so maybe that's chapter 2?

I wish I talked to the MA more...i snapped pictures and ran home to post LOL felt like i stole something hahaha

cutegingerbread

According to Temptalia's database:

2009-
Magic, Mirth, Mischief- Oct. 15th- contained eye palettes, kits, and a collection
Mischief Makers- Nov 5th- contained lip and pigment kits

2008- Red She Said/Holiday -Oct 16/ Nov 6th

TealAngel

Im glad not too much interested me in the VV collection...2 glosses and 2 nail polishes for me...Im happy at myself for that!

Im looking forward to seeing swatches now of the Tartan collection
smiles.gif
...may put any items I want on my Christmas list...

MzzRach

Quote:

I wish I talked to the MA more...i snapped pictures and ran home to post LOL felt like i stole something hahaha

What a wonderful Specktra member you are, you rock!
lol.gif
That's cute.

And you knew how many of us are hungry for this info. I think I'm gonna have a coronary when I finally see some swatch action.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif