MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

January

Thanks purplerinne!! You're the best
heart.gif

Cut a Caper & The Faerie Glen lustre lipsticks! I can't waiiit!!

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
Did you see shade descriptions for the mineralize sets? Thank you!!

yes but they are repromotes so i didn't bother....

sleepyhead

hmm, i wonder if the tartan part of the eyeshadows can be used separately. it would be odd if it's just an overspray

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungelly87
I hope we get swatches soon! I'm really excited about the Tartan Printed eyeshadows.

I have a picture of the eyeshadows...not the best pic cuz it's from my phone but it may help you....

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I have a picture of the eyeshadows...not the best pic cuz it's from my phone but it may help you....

holysheep.gif
Pictures are always highly appreciated!

Funtabulous

I am so excited! The holiday collections are my most favourite by far. In fact, I was getting so tired of waiting for this one, that I ordered a MES from last years collection on Ebay last night (Under Your Spell, if you're curious).

At first, I wasn't very interested in the tartan theme, but once I saw the colour story information, a picture started forming in my head and I started warming up to the idea.

Can we expect swatches tonight?

purplerinne

Quote:

here ya go...

sungelly87

Quote:

oh yay! yes please, you are the best!

EDIT: So I don't think they could be used individually...but they are still cool looking.

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtabulous
I am so excited! The holiday collections are my most favourite by far. In fact, I was getting so tired of waiting for this one, that I ordered a MES from last years collection on Ebay last night (Under Your Spell, if you're curious).

At first, I wasn't very interested in the tartan theme, but once I saw the colour story information, a picture started forming in my head and I started warming up to the idea.

Can we expect swatches tonight?

sorry i got my info from a book. swatches probably won't happen until someone goes to update (erin!!!).

MzzRach

Those eyeshadows are CUTE! I think I am in trouble with this collection. Good thing I only picked up 2 items from VV.

Rinstar

OMG i can't even make a list... I want like every one of the e/s. I can't believe they actually did a plaid print on e/s!!!!! I keep waiting for someone to say "just kidding!".

I'm in heaven.

HebrideanSprite

I've got a photo editor and I brightened your picture up a bit (hope you don't mind) here it is:
TT+eyeshadows-1.jpg

(It's also on my blog post I just did lol)

sungelly87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
I've got a photo editor and I brightened your picture up a bit (hope you don't mind) here it is:
TT+eyeshadows-1.jpg

my favorites are the grey and the aubergine.
smiles.gif
Maybe you can dip an eyeliner brush in the secondary color...it could work.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
smiles.gif

Those are my favourites too, with the green coming in third! They're all so lovely though I'm completely digging the tartan pattern! An the eyeliner brush idea is a good one (you could even use the two colours together then one as an e/s and the other as a liner)

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
TT+eyeshadows-1.jpg

Oooo, I'm thinking that pink one might make a really pretty blush too, if you applied with a light hand....

laylalovesmac

Quote:
smiles.gif

Those are the two I'll be getting.
yes.gif