MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

citruses

i've been eyeing all three of the holiday brush sets. however, i'm relatively new to mac. can anyone attest to their quality? i've heard that they aren't worth the purchase because they are not handmade. thoughts?
wondering.gif

gildedangel

i've been eyeing all three of the holiday brush sets. however, i'm relatively new to mac. can anyone attest to their quality? i've heard that they aren't worth the purchase because they are not handmade. thoughts?
wondering.gif
They aren't bad quality, they just aren't quite as nice as the handmade ones. I think that they are still better than your average drugstore brush and are great for travelling. It just depends on your personal preference. I want to wait until I can afford full brushes because I am stingy about my brushes matching lol.

laylalovesmac

So glad I held out on Bloodline now! The Family Crest looks so much better.
drools.gif

I will also hold out on Black Swan (hopefully) and get a few Felines instead.

TeresitaMC

It may be a silly or obvious question but can anyone tell me the difference of a Pearlglide eye liner and Pearlglide Intense eye liner? Is it only that the intense has more sparkle?

I mostly want to know because I am getting Black Swan (pearlglide intense) as a backup to my Black Russian's (pearlglide).
Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

erine1881

It may be a silly or obvious question but can anyone tell me the difference of a Pearlglide eye liner and Pearlglide Intense eye liner? Is it only that the intense has more sparkle?

I mostly want to know because I am getting Black Swan (pearlglide intense) as a backup to my Black Russian's (pearlglide).
Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif
yes.gif

1 UP Mushrooms

Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif
In this case I'm wondering if I should give Black Swan a try.......I have Black Russian but for me I don't really notice the sparkle.

dbecker87

Anyone debating the pearlglides... just do it! They rock as a liner AND base. I'll probably be picking up quite a few of these, especially Undercurrent.

romi79_2008

Is there any difference between a palette lipstick and regular one? in this case viva glam v, it looks so much lighter in tube that in my palette

Alty

They aren't bad quality, they just aren't quite as nice as the handmade ones. I think that they are still better than your average drugstore brush and are great for travelling. It just depends on your personal preference. I want to wait until I can afford full brushes because I am stingy about my brushes matching lol.

Why did you have to say that? I was so proud of my antiquitease and fringe brush sets…now I'm gonna have to save money and buy the full size ones (that are sooo expensive and honestly I prefer short handled brushes…but I'm that OCD, sigh…)

gildedangel

Why did you have to say that? I was so proud of my antiquitease and fringe brush sets…now I'm gonna have to save money and buy the full size ones (that are sooo expensive and honestly I prefer short handled brushes…but I'm that OCD, sigh…)
Don't feel bad, I have craft store brushes that I use as my makeup brushes and I had to paint them all the same color so that they would match haha. It took me two days to get them all exactly right. They'll do until I can afford full-sized MAC brushes....someday haha :p

hilaryrose

I'm new to Mac - what's the deal with the Sir Teddy bear? He's soooo cute, what's the reason for him? And do they usually sell out quickly?

LMD84

I'm new to Mac - what's the deal with the Sir Teddy bear? He's soooo cute, what's the reason for him? And do they usually sell out quickly?

we dont usually get bears or anything like that. they did a toy for the hello kitty collection and a barbie doll for barbie... but it;s pretty rare. not sure if he'll sell out quickly. i think that the profits from him go to viva glam funds so perhaps lots of poople will buy because it's for a good cause.

Susanne

That's what I thought - the way we used to be able to do them but it didn't work that way last I tried. I really liked being able to type it in saves on time. Here, I'll try it
love.gif
it should be the love smiley
Alrighty, its working now...nevermind
smiles.gif

Well Hi Susanne
lol.gif

winkiss.gif

Alty

Money from Sir Teddy purchases go to Kids Helping Kids

Quote: This go ’round, our special project for Kids Helping Kids is all about what happens when Teddy Boys meet Fuzzy Bears! M∙A∙C Sir Teddy has been officially knighted as the international symbol of KHK, at the pleasure of Her M∙A∙C Majesty! Squeezable, laughably lovable Sir Teddy comes in two versions: A too-cute tartan key clip that makes you smile every time you “turn it on.” Or go plush: A clan-tastic “collage” cuddly doll that you want to hug till it hurts! All part of the big plan, getting bigger every year: M∙A∙C’s Kids Helping Kids is a tale we’re thrilled to tell over and over.

Susanne

wondering.gif

I have a few SE brush sets from past years and I really like them. The quality is not the same as the full-sized ones but still good for every day use!

I wish I was new to MAC again to justify getting another brush set
winks.gif
But I will pass them.