MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

cutemiauw

Quote: Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
Yep the plaid part on the top of the eye, face and lip palettes is actually plaid material that is soft and fuzzy. I had originally thought it would just be a design on the lid of the palette but it is actual material...I love it!!
eyelove.gif

OMG! Now I **have** to get one! I'll most likely get A Triumphant Blush face palette. From the reviews it seemed like it would be a very good face palette for my skintone, and I don't have any of the colors yet. Perhaps I could even skip buying Nars Gina because of MAC Melba?

Gosh, now I have to remake my list again... I'm getting Black Line & Undercurrent pearlglides for sure.
Probably going to have to skip the pigments, or at least wait until next payday and keep my fingers crossed that it's still available by then. Also unless Cut a Caper l/s is very pretty, I'm going to have to wait to get it as well.
I hope I can be strong in resisting the bags
wacko.gif

OT: I love your new profil pic, Lou. You're very pretty!

banana1234

i have refined my list, now i know oh so fair is in the face kit, i'm so getting that

and now i know the packaging is actually fabric, it sounds more appealing

i want play it cool palette, the pink face kit

black swan p/g
undercurrent back up
later, moonlight night, the family crest pigments
b2m courting lilac
gone romancin l/g

english ladies, how much are the face kits and palettes usually?

sonia84

Last year the eye palettes/cheek palettes were £29.50 and the lip glosses were £24( i remember coz my sis bought it for me and bitched about paying £24 for lipgloss!) and i think the pigment/liner sets were £23 and the pigments set £27?. It was my first xmas collection last year so i could be wrong. I want to budget and know the prices too.

sinergy

cant wait for more pics myself..but as for right now, i am really wanting all three full sized pigments. actually my list as a whole is still pretty big, hopefully more pics will cut it down lol.

banana1234

Last year the eye palettes/cheek palettes were £29.50 and the lip glosses were £24( i remember coz my sis bought it for me and bitched about paying £24 for lipgloss!) and i think the pigment/liner sets were £23 and the pigments set £27?. It was my first xmas collection last year so i could be wrong. I want to budget and know the prices too.

hopefully it hasnt gone up this year, i doubt i will be able to afford everything i want, but i have some savings, so it can be my early xmas present

sonia84

hopefully it hasnt gone up this year, i doubt i will be able to afford everything i want, but i have some savings, so it can be my early xmas present
I'm getting my things for xmas pressies but i have to buy them myself and then when i get my money at christmas, pay myself back. I prob won't be able to get everything i'd like as i have xmas pressies for family to pay for too but its better than missing out on them.

banana1234

definitely, i will be a bit skint for a month but i have got my boyfriends christmas present already and that's the most expensive, my family arent into expensive gifts, so the presents i'm getting them wont bankrupt me too much, its just a lot of them

RayannaBanana

I can't believe I'm not getting a blush from this Collection! Which is good since I have waaay too many as it is. And I'm on the hunt for Strada even though it's discontinued, I really want to try it. The 2 new pigments is what I'm really excited about!

Susanne

I will save some money for two new full-sized brushes when being in NY again next spring. I have the 116 and 138 on my list
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

There are a few online companies I want to order from, so I'm cutting this back. But, not sad about it, surprisingly. It feels good!
lol.gif

Still just getting the two new pigments and TFG from color story and chapter 1. I've decided I may B2M for a b/u of The Faerie Glen, but I won't be going crazy with backups like I thought.

As far as the sets go, my family has been hounding me for gift ides, so I gave them the pink lipglass set, the neutral lipglass set, the cool pigment set, and the smokey pigment set. I want all of them equally, to be honest, so I've told them that anything from that list will make me happy.
tong.gif

So I'll be walking away $53.50 poorer, but that is such a relief based on how big my old list was.
th_DANCE.gif

hilaryrose

Humph! I'm getting less and less excited about this collection as time goes on
ssad.gif

I definitely have to go into my local MAC to swatch HBC and a few of the lip products, but the only thing I absolutely must have is the Beauties Play It Cool eyeshadow kit. Bummer!
I also wish there was another eye pigment bag. I think if they had released a pigment bag with TFC we would all be chomping at the bit for it!
Still going to look at the Violet My Love bag, though.
But - I can't say enough about how AWESOME the packaging is. Too bad I can't them on their own. I'll probably end up buying a lip kit just for the tin, or one of the brush bags just for the bag!

ARmakeupjunkie

So, I went by the counter during lunch. The MA had the collection out and they were doing preorders. I'm still not sure but, as of today I have a preorder for:

The Family Crest
Her Blooming Cheek
6 Reelers & Rockers
6 Beauties Play It Cool

Hark the Heraldry Face Kit is so pretty. I have never purchased a Christmas palette but I'm really excited about the two I have on hold.

Icecaramellatte

I stopped by my Mac Store today and I saw none of the Holiday items out. There were only 2 SAs there and they were pretty busy so I decided not to ask. I'm thinking of not doing the online thing this time around and just going to the store on launch day. I may go back later this week and see about pre-order but isn't this coming out next week?

dxgirly

Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop.... but can someone tell me why this collection has two US release dates? I'd like to pick up a few things if I can.

DonnaN

I just pre-ordered my stuff so that I don't have to worry about it selling out, since I won't be able to pick up until 11/4. My store let me purchase a gift card in the exact amount of my items and then they'll ring me up on the 28th and have everything waiting for me---hooray.

For the 28th, I got :

Radiant Jewels

The Faerie Glen

GlamoraCastle

Semi-Precious

Black Swan

Play It Cool palette

The sets don't come out until 11/4, so I've got my pre-order in for those, which I'll pay for when I pick up part 1 on 11/4.

Sassy PINK Lassies lipglass set
Sassy CORAL Lassies lipglass set

YAY Me !!! The only boo-hiss was that I wanted to use my B2M for my lipstick, but they said now NO LE items......figures, I've been saving my B2M all summer.....oh well, I'll just have to go through my PERM wish list and see what I want to redeem for.