MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

erine1881

I'm really disappointed in all the lipglass/pigment sets. Last year I was excited about a couple, but nothing this year. That coral lipglass set could've been amazing, but I think they missed the boat. Bummer, but I get to save some cash. Especially since Erin seems to be on a mission to make me go broke!
cutey.gif
cutey.gif

i'll try and swatch the gloss and pigment sets sometime this week.

sunsetbeauty15

thankyou so much
smiles.gif
ill go into store that saturday
smiles.gif
so excited

is anyone else really excited about the blushes HBC and MHH ? i really am!, am i the only one :p ill obvs have to swatch in store but the way things are looking ill be getting both
smiles.gif

xxx

purplerinne

when I went to the pro store to place my preorder, I specifically checked out the pin face kit and the testers say Oh So Fair....very strange

Also, anyone compare Radiant Jewels to Creme Allure? I have a feeling they may be dupes but I forgot to bring my CA to the store...

gildedangel

Quote: Originally Posted by sunsetbeauty15
is anyone else really excited about the blushes HBC and MHH ? i really am!, am i the only one :p ill obvs have to swatch in store but the way things are looking ill be getting both
smiles.gif

xxx

I am pretty excited about HBC, I have been drooling over it ever since the first pictures leaked. It's the one item that hasn't been scratched off my list and readded later, it was a permanent fixture haha. I'm not so sure about MHH though, I have a feeling that it is going to look really orangey on my skin, but I'll probably at least try it in-store because I am a sucker for satin blushes!

Makeup Emporium

Hi, if you are referring to the Pink Face Kit called Hark the Heraldry then the Beauty Powder is definitely Oh So Fair. I have one right in front of me! The blushes are Dame & Plum Foolery. Let me tell you the packaging with the Tartan (which is soft & fuzzy to the touch by the way) is completely friggin' adorable!!
w00t.gif

laylalovesmac

th_happy1.gif
I can't wait to see your swatches, Erin!!!

I also can't wait to go to the launch on Tuesday. Can't wait to have TFC in my hands.
thmbup.gif

And I may be the only one, but I'm really excited for the nail lacquer set. I've always regretted missing Asiatique and the dark green one, I can always use more black nail polish, and Vintage Vamp has been on my list forever. The only one I'm not crazy excited for is the gold one. But I think I'll layer it over the other ones.
graucho.gif
Excited!!!!
th_thstars.gif

Fianna

Since Later is getting repromoted in this collection I thought it would be okay to ask here...

By coincidence I stumbled upon swatches at Karla Sugar from the Bobbi Brown Crystal Eye Palette out of the Holiday 2010 collection. To me the palette looks like Later, If it sparkles and Partylicious got pressed and put into a palette.

Here you can finde the pictures:

Swatches of the BB Crystal Eye Palette at Karla Sugar
in comparison to
Pigment Swatch of Later, Partylicous and If it sparkles by Sleepyhead out of the A&O Swatches Thread (the picture is with flash)

What do you think? Does someone here own both and can compare (Later vs. BB Amethyst)? I'm contemplating not to buy Later and instead buy the BB palette since I like pressed eyeshadows a little bit more and missed out on If it sparkles.

banana1234

Hi, if you are referring to the Pink Face Kit called Hark the Heraldry then the Beauty Powder is definitely Oh So Fair. I have one right in front of me! The blushes are Dame & Plum Foolery. Let me tell you the packaging with the Tartan (which is soft & fuzzy to the touch by the way) is completely friggin' adorable!!
w00t.gif

soft and fuzzy!?!?!?!? woah, that's so cool

Miaow

Quote: Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium Hi, if you are referring to the Pink Face Kit called Hark the Heraldry then the Beauty Powder is definitely Oh So Fair. I have one right in front of me! The blushes are Dame & Plum Foolery. Let me tell you the packaging with the Tartan (which is soft & fuzzy to the touch by the way) is completely friggin' adorable!!
w00t.gif
The packaging is soft and fuzzy?! Now I want a pallette
rofl.gif

erine1881

w00t.gif

yeah, the cases actually have plaid material on the lids! they're so cute!

Makeup Emporium

The packaging is soft and fuzzy?! Now I want a pallette
rofl.gif

Yep the plaid part on the top of the eye, face and lip palettes is actually plaid material that is soft and fuzzy. I had originally thought it would just be a design on the lid of the palette but it is actual material...I love it!!
eyelove.gif

singer82

My final list! So Excited for my first holiday collection. Somtimes buying things seperately can get expensive so it's nice to have coordinated sets. And gives a chance to try products and if I like them enough, get full sizes for the perm items.

First the eye-palettes. I only own UD palettes. As much as I adore UD shadows some colors can be too glittery. I don't own any MAC palettes do you think these would be a good start? If so...
36$- 6 Beauties Play It Cool p/l- HerGreyness said this was a must have for purple lovers.... You sold me HG! lol
winks.gif

6 Rockers and Reelers p/l- I love metallic colors! They are fun to do smokey eyes with. And are great to use as a base to give other colors a metallic shimmer

Color Coll...
14.50$- Courting Lilac l/s- After debate I am giving it a chance. Hey...its a purple lippie...nuff said
18$- Romacin' d/g- Yeah, it' true that you def dont get enough procuct with these for the price. But for me, this one is way too gorg to pass up
19.50$- Moonlight Night and The Family Crest pigments- After these I am done with blackened sparkle colors for a long time. I have Later, Young Punk, then these two p/g, DBG p/g, SHD min shadow, and the UD Rock palette. I am def set.
I can't wear Pearlglides which kills me more than anything! Cause they are amazing. Dont pass these up ladies!!!!!

Sets:
32.50$- Cool Thrill Seekers pigment Set- Softwash Grey (purple grey....nuff said) Can't wait for the light purple color! This is one of ther things I'm most excited for in this whole coll !!!!!!!!!!! I
eyelove.gif
my piggys
29.50$- Sassy Pink Lassies lipglass set- I love pink glosses!

Total: $205.50!!!
shockt.gif
S**t! lol If I cant get enough money for this I'm going to cut the lipglass set if I have to. And possibly the Moonlight Night piggy since I already have the DBG p/g

TealAngel

w00t.gif

OoOoo...must get a palette! Im thinking of the Happily Ever After lip pallete
smiles.gif
I don't see much talk on here about it though! I can't be the only one interested in it?!
shockt.gif

Im dissapointed in the nail polish set too! I already have some dark green polishes and I don't wear black polish, except maybe around Halloween...red np isn't my first choice of color, unless it's dark red. I really wishthey would have put that gold np in with the colour collection instead...it would be mine along with Sly as a Fox np...

Without the mini np set, I can always get another pearlglide...maybe Lord it Up...I know I want Black Swan...I already own Undercurrent
smiles.gif

Tatyiona

I swatched everything today the only things that interests me is radiant jewels, romancin, full fuchsia , and later

singer82

Looking foward to seeing more swatches this week! Something to get me through the week
party.gif

Damn, I really should cut my list...but its sooo hard!