MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
OMG, I'm so mad! I missed it yesterday going online and now Family Crest is sold out! I'm so sad!
bangdesk.gif

Remember: The collection launches in stores tomorrow. If you're close to a Mac store, you can go there and pick it up. I'm going on the assumption that I'll be able to grab one there.

Junkie

Just pre-ordered My Highland Honey! So excited - gonna pick it up Monday on my day off so I don't have to worry about dashing back to the store tomorrow morning! I really want to swatch those pigments too!

laylalovesmac

I'm hoping some of this collection sticks around for awhile so I can get more stuff at a later date when I have extra cash. I wasn't a mac nut at this time last year but it felt to me like that holiday stuff was around foreverrrrr so maybe there's hope.
Me too. There's nothing else I feel like I really need, but there is some stuff I'd like.
th_dunno.gif
Though, I'll probably save my money for if I go to SF so I can go to the pro store. This is only if, of course, but if I do, I'm gonna be broke for awhile.
lol.gif

KittyKat

i'm sorry if this has been answered allready, but will the Viva Glam lip bag be available tomorrow in the stores? If any of you ladies know I would be very grateful
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

Anyone wanting to sell the bag from a brush set or lip bag PLEASE let me know, you can PM me. I LOVE the bags. Thanks

Also I would like to buy one of the Tartan Tale collection mailers.

*JJ*

i found out today that there is a new MAC counter in a mall here and they will have this collection for sale for their opening tomorrow!
guess i will be hauling tomorrow too
cooldude.gif

so excited!

shimmergrass

love the bags, dont know about the products,,, cant decide on which kit to get.
temptalia said the brushes are really bad quality!

hmmss...

GlammySammy

I'm finally started to get excited for this collection! I see it up online now, but I want to see it all in person before I buy anything. I am going to be at the MAC store as soon as they open on Thursday!

How does Courting Lilac compare to Lavender Whip? I just got that one and I love it but I don't really need anything too similar to it.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure about getting:

Gone Romancin' DGC
Moonlight Night and A Family Crest pigments
Viva Glam lip bag

I'll take a look at everything else and will probably come out with a bit more than that! Probably a liner and lipstick, I am not too sure about the eyeshadows yet. Can't wait to see the swatches come pouring in.
I have been lemming Lavender Whip ever since it came out and I was foolish in not getting it
ssad.gif
So I was really excited about this "Courting Lilac" but it's not even close. I know some of the swatches kinda look lilac-y but the lipstick is very much one of those that just blends into your lips, there's nothing opaque about it. (although I should note I have medium pigmented lips so0o) on my lips it shows up more of a plummy mauve (I swatched Mellow Mood and you couldn't tell the difference between lipsticks)

Ally4MAC

I really want to get excited for this collection but for the most part, nothing excites me. I got later pigment because it looked like a nice color that i dont have and figured I was bummed not to get it last time so might as well this time. Then I got pasing fancy and lightly prancing dazzleglass creme (love the formula so had to get a couple more), The faerie glen lipstick, and my highland honey blush. Nothing exciting in the makeup.
The most exciting things I did get were the sir teddy clip and the larger one (hes sitting on my makeup counter!). The things i am most excited for are not even makeup products! Oh well. I thought I was going to get all 3 pigments but I didnt love the other 2 that were available so I passed. Hope I dont regret it. Then I was going to get an eyeshadow palette but after seeing temptalias swatches and reviews, decided to pass. Some of the colors I just wish were sold individually then maybe.

MatryoshkaDoll

I pre-ordered some stuff from my pro store. I'm getting the Play It Cool palette, the teddy bear keychain, one brush set (I'll probably return it though, the reviews haven't been great), and then I'm also getting the Nordstrom's exclusive set.

dreamer246

LOL, I know, I've been several times
smiles.gif
Right now I'm scared of our impending winter! I could always have my family order me my MAC and send it over :p As for the president, well, we'll just swap for a few weeks in the dead of winter, k? :p Then you can have everything back!
rofl.gif

My bf and I are probably teaching abroad for a few years in either Japan or Singapore starting next year, but my heart will always lie in Europe!
heart2.gif
After this collection, I think the next place on my list I want to visit there is Scotland!!!

If you're coming to Singapore, I welcome you to our little island! If you love summer, you'll be fine here. Oh and there's MAC too, but it's grossly overpriced. But still, better than nothing right?
winks.gif

I've decided not to get the 6 Twists of Tartan palette after swatching it a 2nd time at the counter - shades were WAY too chalky for my liking. I did fall in love with A Fabulous Fantasy lip palette though, but damn, I just hate products that come in the form of lip palettes. I'm still trying to think if it's worth it to buy the Viva Glam lip bag - I can save me some bucks if I just buy the products without the bag.

LittleMaryJane

I ordered the Family Crest but I'm wondering if I'm actually going to like it... It's been pretty bleh in the swatches I've seen and I just re-checked out swatches and it doesn't look like anything really special. I hope I change my mind when I get it. Maybe it's just hard to capture on camera...? Someone tell me I'll love it
greengrin.gif

bevcita

Gaaah from Erine's swatches it looks like Black Russian is super duper close to Black Swan.. but then I call my Nordstrom counter to ask if they could tell the difference then was told that there is a difference, with Black Swan being darker etc. I'm so torn! If you already have Black Russian (which I love, love, love btw), are you still getting Black Swan?

dreamer246

Yikes you're scaring me now. Courting Lilac and Mellow Mood look the same on lips?! Maybe I should pass Courting Lilac then. I just wore my Lavender Whip after a one-year break, and fell in love with it all over again.
greengrin.gif