MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Alty

The mineralize kits are gonna be available in Italy, yay!
But I've only seen the warm one (don't remember the name) and the swinging violets one swatched by italian bloggers.
I wanted the one called "my scottish fling"
ssad.gif

Hilde

I haven't gotten a CP for this one yet. Crossing my fingers.
smiles.gif
But the one MUST for me in this collection is the hark the heraldry kit. I also like the lip kit with the pink lipsticks. Originally I wanted one of the brush kits, but temptalia really made me reconsider.

TeresitaMC

Gaaah from Erine's swatches it looks like Black Russian is super duper close to Black Swan.. but then I call my Nordstrom counter to ask if they could tell the difference then was told that there is a difference, with Black Swan being darker etc. I'm so torn! If you already have Black Russian (which I love, love, love btw), are you still getting Black Swan?
I am! That is because BR is my main go-to for my lower lashline and water line. But BS will have more sparkle. I wanted a backup of BS but I think I will get only one.

Of course saying BS is darker will make most people on the fence decide to get it!
tong.gif

elegant-one

Courting Lilac & Mellow Mood are so different - I'm not sure how that is even possible.

Don't let one person's review on the brush sets sway you like that. Its a really great deal for the price, & like I (& others) said before, they were quite nice in person.

Black Swan is supposed to be more black whereas BR is more on the blue/black side. I LOVE Black Russian, so I ordered Black Swan

liba

I ordered the Family Crest but I'm wondering if I'm actually going to like it... It's been pretty bleh in the swatches I've seen and I just re-checked out swatches and it doesn't look like anything really special. I hope I change my mind when I get it. Maybe it's just hard to capture on camera...? Someone tell me I'll love it
greengrin.gif
If you love a rich velvety warm deep color base with a boatload of bronze shimmer and purple and golden glints, you will love TFC. I've tried it wet on it's own, and over a French Quarter and Blacklinev - I like it best over Blackline - most sparkling that way. Over FQ it's most velvety.

bevcita

Courting Lilac & Mellow Mood are so different - I'm not sure how that is even possible.

Don't let one person's review on the brush sets sway you like that. Its a really great deal for the price, & like I (& others) said before, they were quite nice in person.

Black Swan is supposed to be more black whereas BR is more on the blue/black side. I LOVE Black Russian, so I ordered Black Swan

K I'm getting it def!
cutey.gif

I've been so on the fence on this one. The swatches have been so pretty.. and you know, one can't have too many pearglides imho. Thank you ladies!

cutemiauw

I haven't seen the brush set from this collection, but I actually like the brush set I got from MAC (Spring/Summer 2009, forgot the collection name, but it was the one with flower pattern bag). I think it's really a good deal for the money. I could try out the different shapes, and decide on which one I'd like to have in full size later on. There was only a minimal amount of shedding, and the brush still holding its shape very well. Not everybody can afford full size MAC brushes, and my SE brushes are still far better than the brushes I got from other brands.

So by all means, if you like the shape, the feel of the brush, and the bag, then get it! The only real reason I didn't is because of limited funds and I didn't want to admit that before
wondering.gif

GlammySammy

I didn't think it possible either -- esp looking at the swatches so I was really excited to put those babies on my lips! I don't know if it's because of the pigmentation of my lips or not but I'm sure it's that and in combo with the fact that the lipstick (Courting Lilac) just melts into your lips similar to a lustre imo. If there was was one difference if would be that I found Mellow Mood had slightly less golden shimmer in it.

Something has to be said about going to try things out for yourself because a review can almost ruin your expectations of a product. I would say this entire collection is something that needs to be seen with one's own eyes! I went up and down between loving and hating the Gone Romancin' Dazzleglass (I'ma DG noob!) the pics looked gorge, then swatches came and those looked super frosty and that look isn't flattering for me so I thought no way.. went into the store and thought well I'll just check em out and I didn't find it all what I thought the swatches looked like! I think the pigmentation in my lips really changes the colors of these lippies! But I am loving Gone Romancin' and that baby is coming home with me!

Tatyiona

Swatches does no justice to family crest, I'm so in love! Here's a pic I posted on twitter http://twitpic.com/31dk6u

DonnaN

I'm starting to second-guess myself about Semi-Precious e/s and the Play it Cool Palette......thats ALOT of purple/berry and while I LOVE purple, I don't wear it alot on my eyes. Since I pre-ordered from my store, should I try to replace it now before stuff gets rung up in the AM or wait to see whats left when I pick up after work tomorrow night?

UGH! I hate being indecisive......
bangdesk.gif

Funtabulous

Thanks, doesn't sound like it will interest me much but I'll check it out anyway.

I just ordered LW online from an auction here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230537725872&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:CA:1123
There are 9 left!

I am not an expert on fakes but it seems real enough to me. You may want to be more cautious, though. It's also shipped within Canada, so you'd get it pretty soon.

cody

Are there any reviews/detailed pictures of any of the mineralize kits up anywhere? I'd like to see swatches of those because I won't be able to make it to a freestanding store myself.

GlammySammy

Are there any reviews/detailed pictures of any of the mineralize kits up anywhere? I'd like to see swatches of those because I won't be able to make it to a freestanding store myself.
I'm not sure about reviews and swatches.. I haven't seen them posted yet to be honest! but I'm wandering what you mean by freestanding store? I'm not sure if the rumor is that they are only available in freestanding stores but that isn't true for us gals in Canada! The MAC I go to is one that is in The Bay and I noticed they had the mineralize kits there! The only thing my MAC there wasn't supposed to get was the Teddy Bears but they were accidently sent a few (nice but unfortunately she said most of the workers there had already laid claim to the few Sir Teddies they sent)

OT but I've been wondering as I am a tad newer to the MAC cosmetics...I've seen the words "US exclusive" floating around a bit and I have wanted to know just how much stuff have they had that's exclusive to US? I mean the company is a Canadian one so I guess I wouldn't imagine them giving too many exclusives ... ?! ?!

Teggy

For those of you unsure whether or not to buy Undercurrent...just get it. I never thought I could wear blue on my eyes because I wasn't blonde. I was wrong. Undercurrent is super pretty. You won't regret it.

I think now I'm definitely going to skip HBC. I just don't need it and wouldn't be able to wear it much. I can't wear BoA often, but it looks damn gorgeous when I do. And as I say, my non-purchase is someone else's happy find. And though I'd like the Play It Cool pallate, again I don't think I'd wear it enough to justify the $$ for it. Which is funny cause I really ought to wear more purples and grays.

cody

Quote: Originally Posted by GlammySammy

I'm not sure about reviews and swatches.. I haven't seen them posted yet to be honest! but I'm wandering what you mean by freestanding store? I'm not sure if the rumor is that they are only available in freestanding stores but that isn't true for us gals in Canada! The MAC I go to is one that is in The Bay and I noticed they had the mineralize kits there! The only thing my MAC there wasn't supposed to get was the Teddy Bears but they were accidently sent a few (nice but unfortunately she said most of the workers there had already laid claim to the few Sir Teddies they sent)

OT but I've been wondering as I am a tad newer to the MAC cosmetics...I've seen the words "US exclusive" floating around a bit and I have wanted to know just how much stuff have they had that's exclusive to US? I mean the company is a Canadian one so I guess I wouldn't imagine them giving too many exclusives ... ?! ?!

Weird... when I was at the Bay the other day, the only Mineralize kit they had was the Swinging Violets one. I'll phone around and check in case they just hadn't put it out yet! I assumed that the other two were only available at actual MAC stores. Mostly I want to see the lipglasses that are included in the Glamorous and My Scottish Fling kits. I think everything else is either a repromote/permanent anyway. Thanks!

JennsJewelz

For those of you unsure whether or not to buy Undercurrent...just get it. I never thought I could wear blue on my eyes because I wasn't blonde. I was wrong. Undercurrent is super pretty. You won't regret it.
How similar/not similar is Undercurrent to Float on By? It's the only reason I haven't taken a look at Undercurrent, but now I'm wondering...!!

JennsJewelz

Oh yes... whoever was commenting on how the pigments were sold out, nothing is sold out yet on the Canadian site!
smiles.gif
I'm not worried for tomorrow for anything - it's Chapter two with the pigment and l/g sets that has me nervous!!
nope.gif