MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

hilaryrose

Wow, this knock-off scottish accent in the Tartan Tale accent is really weird. It sounds like a really good attempt by someone who's only heard a scottish accent a few times in his life.
Mike Meyer's Shrek accent sounded WAY better than this.
Couldn't they just have hired David Tennant? Then everything would be wonderful.

laylalovesmac

You like retro?
graucho.gif

I'm looking forward to another trip to MAC next week!
th_DANCE.gif

Or will chapter 2 be launched this week?
lol.gif

Honestly, I go to the MAC counter so often around the collection release. I cannot help it!
th_LMAO.gif
I love my MAs
heart.gif
and the testers.
graucho.gif
lol.gif
Not usually, but something about this description makes me want it!
greengrin.gif

Don't kknow when it'll be launched. I need to stay away from my counter. I'll be ordering the rest online.
cutey.gif

Alty

Wow, this knock-off scottish accent in the Tartan Tale accent is really weird. It sounds like a really good attempt by someone who's only heard a scottish accent a few times in his life.
Mike Meyer's Shrek accent sounded WAY better than this.
Couldn't they just have hired David Tennant? Then everything would be wonderful.

blush-anim-cl.gif
I think he was too busy trying to fake an american accent
rofl.gif

TeresitaMC

I finally got to do my haul today (tuesday), but even before I left, something was telling me I mustn't get the PIC palette, simply because of the price tag and because it would double my total on top of the other two items I wanted most.

Well now I am regretting it
ssad.gif
and started to as soon as I got home
ssad.gif
I swatched it and I liked all of the colours
heart.gif
, only one of them was just meh to me, and that was To The Ball (the 3rd at the top)...nothing that would have stopped me from getting it, though. I was just trying to think about money. But I feel like I will be thinking about this every day... what to do..

Anyway, on to what I did get:
Black Swan - I lovvve it! It is just like Black Russian! If anything, BR is a tad darker, but I surely won't be able to tell a difference on the eyes. OMG, pure love! I started to worry they were sold out because it wasn't on the display. Phew!
Later - didn't swatch, didn't need to. I wanted this, no questions asked, since it was last released - so I simply just asked for it
lol.gif

There were so many things on my list prior to release but I'm still very happy with my main picks
love.gif

I also swatched two colours from Dashing Lassies that I don't have. They were much more beautiful than I thought they'd be! So pretty!--> Magical Mist was a very pretty shimmery taupe, with a touch of an olive colour. Once Upon A Time was very pretty too. It reminded me of Hey e/s, but I can't say if they are dupes or not, even though I use that every day
lol.gif
I'd love if these colours were re-released one day
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

I'm just gonna stay strong, only get sir teddy and the two sets i want online next week (pink lipglass and smokey pigment), and try to buy from a few other brands for a change.
yes.gif
Then, I'll be really happy with my haul. No regrets like all of the other collections this year so far.

But, I still love hearing about everyone's hauls!
heart.gif

LMD84

Lol, HerGreyness, my collection is still young, so pigments and such are all very exciting for me!! I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to MAC at all, regardless of collection releases! :p

i'm always like a kid in a candy store when it comes to pigments!
tong.gif

Soul Unique

Nice work [investigation] Penny [Inspector Gadgets lil sidekick].
girlhaha.gif

omg.gif
I'm not even British but that guy is even worse than Dan Castellaneta when he plays groundskeeper Willie
rofl.gif
Btw I googled him and I think we can definitely say Soul Unique was right, he is american: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6tH7S_1m0

A genuine scottish accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMivVCxp2B0&feature=related

*Katie*

Are Vino and Nightmoth similar? I thought I was getting the lip from the deepest wish look, but when I got home it says Vino on the wee card, and I got given nightmoth...should I exchange? Or are they similar enough just to keep one? Or maybe I shuold buy vino to have 2 different looks lol

Jessie May

There was a special late-night shopping event at the department store which has the only MAC in my city tonight! A Tartan Tale launched (as well as most other counter's Christmas collections) and I was so excited, they had models and some of the MUAs in amazing costumes/makeup/hair. They were giving out the book and these cute tartan pom-pom badges (hard to explain!). Food and bubbly as part of the late-night shopping- and a $10 voucher for every $50 spent!

From this collection I bought;

The Faerie Glen
Cut A Caper

Soft Dazzle

Glamora Castle

Black Swan
Undercurrent

Style Clan

and I love them all! So excited!

SamAsherInc

I'm Scottish, live in Edinburgh, and have just been told that the tartan bear WON'T be avalible in Scotland!! Major fail MAC!!
This and bad experiences I've had with MAC recently have put me off buying anything from MAC!!
finger.gif

JennsJewelz

For everyone who's confused about the release date, it was originally supposed to be this week, but they pushed it back several weeks ago to the 11th. Don't worry, you're not missing anything!
smiles.gif

SamAsherInc

For everyone who's confused about the release date, it was originally supposed to be this week, but they pushed it back several weeks ago to the 11th. Don't worry, you're not missing anything!
smiles.gif
That's strange! It's avalible to buy online now in the UK, Australia & America, plus it's avalible instore here tomorrow.
shrugs.gif

Alty

I'm Scottish, live in Edinburgh, and have just been told that the tartan bear WON'T be avalible in Scotland!! Major fail MAC!!
This and bad experiences I've had with MAC recently have put me off buying anything from MAC!!
finger.gif
omg.gif
thdrama.gif

Maybe they thought a scot couldn't care less about a tartan-covered palette?
That's shameful anyway!
Opinions about the video guy?
greengrin.gif

Ok, ok, I'll stop
cutey.gif

Oh, my dad was in Rome today and I asked him to look for black swan. They haven't got it either
ssad.gif

I'm beginning to think it wasn't released in Italy. But why on earth? I understand a whole collection or part of it, but a single liner?
oh.gif

ShesAFoxyLady

Well I was going to order some items online but now I'm wondering whether I should wait until it arrives in the UK stores (anyone know when this is happening, is it Thursday as usual?). I have two reasons for waiting:

1. Not sure how some of the things will look in real life

and......

2. I really love those free tartan bags they are giving out! Does anyone know if we will definately get these in the UK and will we only get them in stores or will they include them if we order online??

but... then I worry that they might sell out in the stores before I can get there late on Thursday evening...
wondering.gif

*Katie*

Well I was going to order some items online but now I'm wondering whether I should wait until it arrives in the UK stores (anyone know when this is happening, is it Thursday as usual?). I have two reasons for waiting:

1. Not sure how some of the things will look in real life

and......

2. I really love those free tartan bags they are giving out! Does anyone know if we will definately get these in the UK and will we only get them in stores or will they include them if we order online??

but... then I worry that they might sell out in the stores before I can get there late on Thursday evening...
wondering.gif
Do you mean the little gift bag things? Was at the Edinburgh TT release last night (Seminar thing) and tehy only gave them out to people who bought 5 products. So even though, I spent £80, I got this horrible cheap plastic TT bag. So disappointed lol. I dont know about them online xx

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote:
Yes, the tartan material/canvas bags that have been pictured in this thread - they look really nice but I'm not suprised to hear they are only giving them out if you buy lots of products... I thought they looked too good to be true
nope.gif
What a shame that they still wouldn't give you one when you'd spent £80 though!!

On the UK website it has an option for 'christmas giftwrap' for £3 but the photo looks like those tartan bags instead of wrapping paper - has anyone else noticed this? do you think it is the material bags? I know its sad how much I want one, I get excited over stupid little things
blush-anim-cl.gif

Soul Unique

Firts of
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to Specktra, despite your recent woes with MAC I hope that it won't put you off of chatting with us; many of us carry this placard >>>>
mac_addict.gif
in our purses!
girlhaha.gif

Secondly, in response to your post - why MAC!??
nonono.gif
You put together a collection clearly based on Scottish traditions and folklore and yet, you fall short with presenting it in the country you've based it on!? Epic Fail along with the bogus narrator!!!! SMH!

omg.gif
thdrama.gif

Maybe they thought a scot couldn't care less about a tartan-covered palette?
That's shameful anyway!
Opinions about the video guy?
greengrin.gif

Ok, ok, I'll stop
cutey.gif

Oh, my dad was in Rome today and I asked him to look for black swan. They haven't got it either
ssad.gif

I'm beginning to think it wasn't released in Italy. But why on earth? I understand a whole collection or part of it, but a single liner?
oh.gif