mac live chat & parrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

a914butterfly

i was on mac live chat asking a few questions about the shelf life of glimmershimmer sweet & shy (i love this color) since i bought 3 of them and didnt want them to go bad. (anyway the answer is 30 months if stored properly) i asked her if parrot would ever come back as a re-release or re-promote. she didn't know but gave some good advise to recreate it:

Dianna: You can create Parrot by mixing Electric Eel and Shimmermoss Eye Shadows.

i am going to try this when i get home since i have these eyeshadows and they aren't limited so they will always be available.

just a FYI for those in love with parrot!

user3

There are already pics up in Specktra's Swatch Gallery with electric eel and shimmermoss. If you check the eyeshadow gallery you find more pics. Here's some of the pics:
This is parrot
parrot.jpg

This electric eel w/shimmermoss
electriceelandshimmermoss.jpg

This is electric eel and steamy

electriceelandsteamy.jpg

Other helpful parrot dupes

parortseamewithtealpigment.jpg

Parrotdupes.jpg

cargoaegeanparrotshuMEblue638.jpg

anotherparrotdupe.jpg

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

Colorqueen

Although I like parrot, the only reason I use it is because I have it and it is easier to carry with me.

However, I have a turquoise pigment of MAC quality that is even more beautiful than parrot, which looks chalky in comparison (if you can believe that).

I can not use EE- it completely vanishes on me, so mixing it would not work. Interestingly parrot is one of the very few MAC shadows that does not disappear on me in 30 minutes or cause me agonizing pain and problems.

The pigments are no problem at all.

a914butterfly

Colorqueen - what brand and color name is the tourquise pigment you said you have that looks better than parrot? thanks!!

jeannette

Wow, I can barely tell the difference just by looking at the swatches! Thanks everyone for sharing! I don't have Parrot but I'll try to clone it. :p

banana

I just bought Shu ME 638 off ebay because I don't have parrot either. I hope I like it.

zoinksta

Here's a cheaper alternative to MAC Parrot....NYX OCEAN. i don't own Parrot personally but it looks pretty close to the swatches i've seen. Plus you can't beat the price me thinks
winks.gif
Here's a swatch from my Ocean.
greengrin.gif

nyxocean.jpg

MargaretD

Politely Butting in

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
Colorqueen - what brand and color name is the tourquise pigment you said you have that looks better than parrot? thanks!!

I've seen Colorqueen's posts on MUA as Caprig and I am almost positive she is referring to sweetscents Royal Peacock:

http://www.sweetscents.com/mica_blue.htm

If you are an MUA member, you can check her profile she has a great picture of some of these pigments swatched on her hands.

Margaret

OldSoulsBody

Blue Absinthe looks pretty close too...I missed the Parrot bandwagon so I don't really know what all the fuss is about it.

MAC_Pixie04

i didnt want it until i saw it on someone else, i too was late to the MAC party. i laugh at ebay because people are paying up to $85 for BNIB MAC Parrot e/s when they can recreate it with something they already have or can go buy for much much cheaper.

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoulsBody
Blue Absinthe looks pretty close too...I missed the Parrot bandwagon so I don't really know what all the fuss is about it.

I agree, I don't think it's that great. Personal preference I guess. I have seen nicer colors similiar to that but with more brilliance to them. I wouldn't buy that color anyway because it would look like crap on me. Wish I could wear blue shadow.

ralenth

Bizarre question...

Was Parrot released LE with a collection or was it a D/C shadow? I received one as a gift and I'd like to know how to enter it into my collection catalogue. Thanks in advance!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralenth
Was Parrot released LE with a collection or was it a D/C shadow? I received one as a gift and I'd like to know how to enter it into my collection catalogue. Thanks in advance!

It was LE with the Liza icon collection and with Salasbelle.

ilovexnerdsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoulsBody

i missed it too! it does look pretty though. i have electric eel and surreal, so i might have to try that and see if it comes pretty close.

fairypink

Thanks so much for posting that. I have EE and SM so I'll try that. I wasn't into MAC when Parrot came out.

a914butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
It was LE with the Liza icon collection and with Salasbelle.

it was also in a jewel palette with a bunch of neutral and brown shades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts