MAC Lottery. You've Got to be Kidding

wolfsong

And the items you get are fakes! Who wouldnt want to waste their money on an envelope...

"FIRST 6 BUYERS ARE GUARANTEED WINNING ENVELOPES WHEN YOU BUY 2**********************"
lmao.gif

"Lot of 2000 in total" - there is only 40 up!

Also see this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-MAKEUP-MYSTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Selling this pig with a dodgy picture:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-PIGMENT-VANI...QQcmdZViewItem

panda0410

Besides which this type of listing is illegal in more ways than one..... I have reported the listing/seller to ebay.

Love Always Ivy

soooo if you get an "empty" envelope, do they spend the postage to send you your empty envelopes? or an email like "oh man no way you bought 500 envelopes and lost. tough luck"

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
soooo if you get an "empty" envelope, do they spend the postage to send you your empty envelopes? or an email like "oh man no way you bought 500 envelopes and lost. tough luck"

This is how they try to find a loophole with these envelope auctions. Basically, they say that you are paying 2.75 for an envelope. The only thing you paid for was an envelope, so it's not their fault if they don't send you anything else. By sending the plain envelopes, it prevents them from getting in trouble and the customer claiming that they never got anything...

wolfsong

But hypothetically if everyone who bought an envelope were to say in feedback they didnt win (if it were true) then people would be able to inform ebay of the scam.

Love Always Ivy

2 things:

1) i swear i definetly see non mac stuff in that picture
2) the 6 guaranteed winners probably get an eyeliner or something.

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Heres how it looks lightened:

FAKE-1.jpg

time to play iSpy....

i spy with my little eye... bath and body works body cream and something clinique.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Heres how it looks lightened:

FAKE-1.jpg

Doesn't it look like someone just took a picture of their dirty makeup drawer?

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
2 things:

1) i swear i definetly see non mac stuff in that picture
2) the 6 guaranteed winners probably get an eyeliner or something.

Well it says in the listing that not all *gift* items will be MAC.

HOWEVER, this is illegal. I can't believe if people would actually buy into this crap!

janelovesyou

I spy one of those mini shampoos you get at hotels!

I'm all for do something ~unique~ on ebay but that auction isn't even clear and the title says nothing about an envelope. If everything was up front and clear to the buyer I wouldn't even be mad at the seller. But the whole thing is just lame.

And this made me laugh:
Quote:
*IF YOU BOUGHT AN ENVELOPE AND DID NOT WIN THEN BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AS IT IS UNFAIR. DO NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION. PAYMENT IS EXPECTED WITHIN 3 DAYS OF AUCTION ENDING. ANY UNPAID BIDS WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY AND DISPUTE WILL BE OPENED AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN.*

wolfsong

I just re-read it:

"ALL ITEMS ARE GUARANTEED 100 % AUTHENTIC THIS IS NO SCAM UNLIKE OTHER EBAY SELLERS THERE IS OVER 1000 MAC PRODUCTS TO BE WON AND OTHERS. ******************* FIRST 6 BUYERS ARE GUARANTEED WINNING ENVELOPES WHEN YOU BUY 2**********************"

They never stated that its a random pick - or how the winners are chosen apart from saying the first 6 will definately win (random crap). This auction could never be fairly dealt out. How could anyone think they have a shot at getting MAC?! Also did they mean they have 1000 MAC, or other sellers do? Im glad only one person purchased it.

They also have 2 phone raffles up!

GreekChick

And you would think some people would be educated enough not to fall for this. I can't believe people even dare start auctions full of scam. This has got to be the stupidest, and most obvious scam I have ever come across on Ebay.