MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

ahoythere

My list is staying blessedly small (Thank god after my Semi Precious Haul!):
Carbonized
Lady Grey Quad
Offshoot (Maybe)

I am thinking about Street Cool and Cakeshop Shadesticks, but the last time I used my beiging s/s I was seriously disappointed in its performance. So although those two colors are beautiful I really just wish that they were paint pots instead. There is no point of it being in a stick if I have to rub it onto my fingers, then rub my fingers together to warm it up, and THEN apply it to my lids....that is a lot of work.

Haven

Now I only want the quads (after I swatch them myself) and the 226. I plan on skipping everything else.

Edelmc

[quote name="Haven" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1080#post_2152447"]Now I only want the quads (after I swatch them myself) and the 226. I plan on skipping everything else.
[/quote] Oh what did you think of the quality of the quads?

Nartian24

yep...thats the one..I compared online swatches and caravaggio seems brighter and with more shimmer. Evil eye loks deeper, darker and more of a matte finish
I hope that the evil eye shadows look like yuki's swatches cause they look fab!

I have NARS Caravaggio. The pink is closer to a hot/bright pink and the plum is less dark/smokey black than what I see of the online swatches of Evil Eye. The shimmer isn't too obvious when you apply Caravaggio to the eyes.

peachsuns

Thank you, RayannaBanana! Karla's swatches always make me
eyelove.gif
The shadows look pretty, but I still don't know what to get.
cutey.gif

Karla Sugar has some swatches up. Stunner is not coral at all, so I'll be skipping it.

Piarpreet

i like karlas swatches. none of face products excite me, but im looking forward fr all lippies and eyeshadows and compare.

off shoot looks like gem of roses....

QueenOfSnark

After flipping through the pages I missed in this thread, and checking out swatches people posted, my wishlist has severely shrunk:

-226 (just one)
-Carbonized

I'm debating on getting Outre and the Lady Grey quad. Outre looks close to my skin tone and could be a great blending color, plus I don't have an ochre color in my stash. I REALLY love the look of Hazy Day in the Lady Grey quad, but meh about the other colors. I hate the idea of buying a quad for one color but I was planning on depotting anyway and maybe I could swap/sell the other colors....hmm. Any dupes for Hazy Day?

peachsuns

I thought the same, so I compared the two l/s at her site. Side by side, Off Shoot looks more mauve, and Gem of Roses looks more pink. JMHO
tong.gif

i like karlas swatches. none of face products excite me, but im looking forward fr all lippies and eyeshadows and compare.

off shoot looks like gem of roses....

Piarpreet

im interested in these but cant have more than 3 products

oh oh oh
prince noir OR smoked purple
mythical (isnt there a perm one that looks similar? )
offshoot (but i have gem of roses which im not too passionate about)
runway (but i have too many reds.... and one is heartless....which might be too similar, what u guys think?)

Kawaiiamaiai

So, if it's the right color... would you guys use a CCB as a blush??

I'm thinking Seaside may be a really pretty shimmery blush if toned down a bit of face powder over it.

Curly1908

I use CCBs as blushes/highlighters but I have super oil skin so I have to set them with powder.
So, if it's the right color... would you guys use a CCB as a blush??

I'm thinking Seaside may be a really pretty shimmery blush if toned down a bit of face powder over it.

Kawaiiamaiai

Awesome! I have really dry skin so I may be able to get away with just the CCB then :) Looks like I may be adding another thing to my list, lol.

xasperadastra

seaside is pretty but fear i have no use for it... boo!

same here... it's lovely but with my pores and oily skin a grease shimmering product is not good... and I don't like ccb on the eyes... a little bit of money saved
heart2.gif

my list is very long so I hope to dislike the evil eye quad and I'll probably swatch it in the store so I'm sure about pigmentation issues... I'll make an order with:

dark envy
dark indulgence
prince noir
runaway red
equilibrium
outre
moleskin
carbonized (need more swatches because I always buy brown eyeshadow and I don't want dupes)
lady grey quad (not completely sure...but in my collection I miss shades wearable during the day like these...I also miss grey shadows in general!)

I'm not sure about the 226 brush!!! and I don't know if I should buy Avenue or an eye pencil (probably the second because I already want to buy two fluidlines).

Latest posts