MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

peachsuns

Thank you so much!
pompom.gif
It helps a lot!

Thoughts on Carbonized, Mythical, Creamy Bisque, Moleskin:

- Carbonized: see description above. It is definitely a winner, especially as it has this bitter-chocolate sheen that is absolutely gorgeous. If applied heavily, there is almost a wet sheen to it, especially when used over Take Root. A must have IMO. Sexy, but sophisticated.

- Mythical: It is more frost and more cool-toned than anticipated, but it's a gorgeous color to bring out green or blue eyes.

The texture and pigmentation of those two e/s is extraordinary and it's just a pleasure to work with these shades.

- Creamy Bisque: It looks much more natural on me than any of the other swatches I have seen (I did not have high hopes for it), but on NW20, it's a great highlighter color that looks natural, but has enough frost to give your some oompf. It is less pigmented, but that's how I like my highlighters, especially when it comes to frost finishes. It is creamier and a tad more beige/cream-colored than Short Shorts from Surf Baby, which makes it more subtle for Fall MU.

- Moleskin: Just as expected, it is a lovely blending color that will look very natural on the lid, the crease, or even as an all-over wash. The texture is buttery, despite the matte finish, it was easy to work with. IMO, it is a true nude color that will work well with any taupe-shade or with more vibrant colors if you need to turn up the color volume. As it is so easily blendable, it will also work well as a transition color between crease and brow bone. It's just exciting to see a nude color that has excellent color pay off and is also interesting enough to worn alone on no-MU-MU-days.

LMD84

thanks MAC Guy for your pictures! :) I am getting my final list ready - maybe i shall try a shadestick again if these really are that soft and pigmented...

peachsuns

Ooooh, Stunner looks gorgeous! Thanks for the link!

Does anyone know if Stunner compares to Pet Me MB from the Fabulous Felines collection?
tong.gif

More Stunner pics and swatches: http://meilus-mingle-mangle.blogspot.com/2011/08/mac-blush-stunner-mac-me-over-le.html

I hope the postman will bring my stuff asap. All the pics make me crazy!
th_drool.gif

buntewollsocke

Here we go ... let's see some more swatches:

[h=2]Mythical and Carbonized:[/h]

Mythical is a very soft eyeshadow. The colour could be described as a real copper red. It has got a very nice sheen. Carbonized is in my opinion a very unique colour because it has kinda something like a red or pink sheen on it. It's very soft and well pigmented.

[h=2]Stunner:[/h]

Stunner is a really light blush and I think it's a perfect colour for Winter. It is more pink and less coral than I had wished but it's nice at all. It's also less soft than most of the MAC blushes are.

buntewollsocke

Lipstick swatches ... http://meilus-mingle-mangle.blogspot.com/2011/08/mac-offshoot-und-smoked-purple-ls-mac.html

Eyeshadow swatches ... http://meilus-mingle-mangle.blogspot.com/2011/08/mac-eyeshadows-mac-me-over-le-swatch.html

PinkBasset

Thank you Mac Guy and buntewollsocke for the pictures and descriptions! I absolutely love the basic shadows, every one of them! I think I end up with all of the LE shades, unless I see some exact dupes.

Has anybody got a chance to compare Carbonized with Center Stage mm? The huge pan of CS was looking at me saying you better not buy a dupe of me and leave me unused. So I don't know if I can cheat it with Carbonized (even the thought of it tingles me!).

Oh and those that are worried about shadesticks being dry, you don't have to. They have been really nice since those creamy Sugarsweet ones came out. The new generation of shadesticks are very different from the permanent line (although I must say I like Beige-ing a lot too, that one isn't so dry).

xasperadastra

Here we go ... let's see some more swatches:

[h=2]Mythical and Carbonized:[/h]

Mythical is a very soft eyeshadow. The colour could be described as a real copper red. It has got a very nice sheen. Carbonized is in my opinion a very unique colour because it has kinda something like a red or pink sheen on it. It's very soft and well pigmented.

[h=2]Stunner:[/h]

Stunner is a really light blush and I think it's a perfect colour for Winter. It is more pink and less coral than I had wished but it's nice at all. It's also less soft than most of the MAC blushes are.
someone else who thinks that carbonized has a pink sheen *__* I hope it will appear also on me then!!!

bstar

What a lovely look, Meilu. I have just added Creamy Bisque to my list. Thanks for all the swatches and reviews, Mac-Guy and buntewollsocke...very helpful in my collection stalking!

Icecaramellatte

Mac-Guy - Thanks for all the reviews and swatches!

I still haven't been able to take anything off my list. I still want:

-the 3 new shadesticks
-carbonized
-mythical
-oh oh oh
- off shoot
-social light
-plum fun
-lady day quad

The 226 is the only one I keep waffling on. Do I really need a back up? And now my interest is piqued on Take Root. I think I've just about overdosed on blushes but I may just have to see Stunner and Equilibrium in person now. I think I will go buy this collection in store. As I'm pretty set on what I want I thought to just order on line but since this maybe the one time I'll be completely free on launch day, I should probably go in. The only thing is I'm afraid with the excitement of a launch, I'll end up adding even more.

BTW Has anyone heard of any launch parties for this collection?

gracie90

I just scored Hipness blush at my local CCO today so I'm hoping it'll kick my want for Stunner. However, this will likely change with swatches as I have no willpower when it comes to mac :(

Meilu

Thanks for your compliments!
th_DANCE.gif

Icecaramellatte: Last Thursday was a Review Party in Hamburg/Germany and so I could buy the new MAC LE products.