MAC Mirage Noir Collection (Summer 2018)

Miss Dynamite

she called me names, told me to STFU when i said that just because temptalia said product is bad doesn't really mean it is. she always has some conspiracy theories about brands trying to scam consumers

she is dumb af and completely insane (Don't want to insult people with mental illness but i can't find other words for her)

Sadly, I think there really is something wrong with her. No normal person would act like that.

Rinstar

i am wondering if i need this one too. how do you wear it? i don't know what to pair this kind of color with

I just wore it like I usually wear Club- I do a bit of a light shimmery sand on the inner corner, some satin taupe or pale pink in the center, then I used Sun, Tan & Repeat in the outer 3rd and as a liner, with a dark brown matte in the crease.

lipstickaddict

I just wore it like I usually wear Club- I do a bit of a light shimmery sand on the inner corner, some satin taupe or pale pink in the center, then I used Sun, Tan & Repeat in the outer 3rd and as a liner, with a dark brown matte in the crease.

This sounds much more sophisticated than my humble application lol! Good work! I've just been wearing it as a solid wash on the lid and I am definitely seeing a duochrome effect. I don't own club so I can't compare but I really like sun, tan and repeat. The formula is creamy and beautiful!

Rinstar

This sounds much more sophisticated than my humble application lol! Good work! I've just been wearing it as a solid wash on the lid and I am definitely seeing a duochrome effect. I don't own club so I can't compare but I really like sun, tan and repeat. The formula is creamy and beautiful!
If I do solid washes of dark colors, I look like I have no eyes LOL, hence the complicated application

Miss Dynamite

Ok, thanks. I wonder what is causing it for me.

Chances are, the problem was still on MAC's side, it just might not have affected everybody. I've had it happen before, but it was a long time ago. Their website is still complete trash. Hell, they can't even manage to put the triangle of death beside like half of the products that they are discontinuing so that people can know to buy them before they disappear.

elegant-one

Chances are, the problem was still on MAC's side, it just might not have affected everybody. I've had it happen before, but it was a long time ago. Their website is still complete trash. Hell, they can't even manage to put the triangle of death beside like half of the products that they are discontinuing so that people can know to buy them before they disappear.

:shakehead::doh: Yep, it has to be them. I'm not having issues anywhere else.

Mac-Guy

Yes, I agree. The swatches looked great on Monsy's hand so I thought they would be fine. Did you get Sun Speck?

I skipped, but I got the Tarte Rainforest palette Vol 3. It is just gorgeous. I also got the Too Faced Unicorn bronzer and spray, which is so blendable and nice on NW skin. I also got the Peach Glow palette from Too Faced. As MAC just repromoted old bronzers, no blushes, no liners, I made my own summer collection from other brands. :)

Mac-Guy

Yeah, it's very obvious that she hates MAC now. There's still a ton of recent releases that she hasn't even reviewed because she only reviews what they send her now. And she gives almost everything bad reviews, no matter what. Nicopanda for example, she gave it a really bad review and keeps going on in other posts about how bad it was...I LOVED it, I had no problems at all with any of the products, every single eyeshadow was pigmented and smooth and beautiful. But I never really have problems with any of MAC's products other than the Mineralize eyeshadows and those Big Bounce eyeshadows, those are beyond awful, anything else that I don't like is just because the color ends up being bad for me. There's also a person on Instagram that has a huge vendetta against MAC and makes tons of posts bashing every release. It's dumb...why try to ruin a company just because you have a personal problem with them?

Oh I didn't know that. Very strange. As I said, I don't mind her being more on the commercial side these days, but girl, skip brands that you don't like. Her bad MAC reviews are getting old.

I got a lot of the Panda collection, which I really like. The best is the gleam powder, which is just awesome on skin over 35 years. On the plus side: Bad T reviews just means less of a struggle to get new collections.

elegant-one

I skipped, but I got the Tarte Rainforest palette Vol 3. It is just gorgeous. I also got the Too Faced Unicorn bronzer and spray, which is so blendable and nice on NW skin. I also got the Peach Glow palette from Too Faced. As MAC just repromoted old bronzers, no blushes, no liners, I made my own summer collection from other brands. :)

I will have to take a look at those. The peach glow sounds very nice. I'm going to see if I can go swatch the Unicorn bronzer. Thanks :heart:

Miss Dynamite

Oh I didn't know that. Very strange. As I said, I don't mind her being more on the commercial side these days, but girl, skip brands that you don't like. Her bad MAC reviews are getting old.

I got a lot of the Panda collection, which I really like. The best is the gleam powder, which is just awesome on skin over 35 years. On the plus side: Bad T reviews just means less of a struggle to get new collections.
That is very true. I like not having to worry about getting what I want. I'm really loving the Preppy Panda face kit, it's my second favorite palette behind Red Hot x9. After her bad reviews of that and the Crystal Glaze Glosses, I'm definitely not paying attention to her reviews anymore, only looking at swatches to see the colors. Those glosses are by far my most favorite product ever, they are amazing as lip balms and despite what she says, they have color to them and they last for 8+ hours.

mango13

This is like the least popular Summer MAC collection ever. I probably shouldn’t have bought so much and waited for the sale, but was so excited for the products. I decided to wait for Delphic to go on sale. But I got Nothing To Wear, Twig, Soft Shell, Strip n Dip, Golden Rinse and Sun, Tan and Repeat.

Mac-Guy

That is very true. I like not having to worry about getting what I want. I'm really loving the Preppy Panda face kit, it's my second favorite palette behind Red Hot x9. After her bad reviews of that and the Crystal Glaze Glosses, I'm definitely not paying attention to her reviews anymore, only looking at swatches to see the colors. Those glosses are by far my most favorite product ever, they are amazing as lip balms and despite what she says, they have color to them and they last for 8+ hours.

Sales are also slow since MAC took away the Pro privileges. Previously Pros would get their discount from day one and often had early access. Now it is just the same early access anyway with the Select membership program and discount kicks in two weeks later for limited editions. As less Pros buy, there is less of a buzz. I understand why MAC took away the early discount. Too much abuse of the system, but MAC is certainly missing out when I look at all the discounted products that no-one seems to buy from the Good Bye section. I bet it was more profitable to sell to Pros at 30 - 40% discount than having items sit in the warehouse for a year and then sell them at 40%.

The explosion of social media, influencers & Co also contributed to this development. It is reflected on Specktra and how quiet it became, even for hyped collections. I actually started to watch smaller youtubers that are not on the PR lists yet. At least, there is an honest review then, "honest" in terms of reviewing a product because they bought it for themselves and picked out the right shades/products for their skin type and color. The "I have dry skin, but will test this foundation for oily skin for you" mentality is just crazy, but as long as PR sends samples, it will last. For certain, it will change. Sooner rather than later.

I am still happy with MAC, but I miss the hype and the big collections. As collections get smaller and/or leave out items "typical" for a collection, e.g. no blushes and liners for the summer collection, it just means I buy less or skip, as I need to spend at least 100 bucks for free Pro shipping. I also have my eyes on Tarte, Too Faced and UD these days.

Latest posts