MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection (June 5, 2014)

Oceanic Lily

Yes, I talked about this earlier. KYY stains more than any other lipstick I have ever owned. It leaves a beautiful, even color behind on me, but I might as well not even think about trying to remove it because it is impossible.
But no allergic quality? I almost felt like my lips were starting to puff up a little, like something out of the Plushglass zone. Also, have you already experimented with primers and pencils underneath and if so, did it help?

When I tried everything out over the weekend, I was pretty swamped, so I didn't do my usual chit chat, but honestly, I sort of felt like maybe I shouldn't even mention these lipsticks and what was up with that formula, in the first place. I honestly am keeping my fingers crossed that people don't have the sort of bad reaction I did with them, because whatever's in that formula sure as heck makes them look great….it's just super harsh as all get out on the lips.

I really couldn't handle getting through all the posts in this thread in the past few days, so I'll just ask this here and leave it at that:

Dodgy Girl and KYY = gorgeous for many reasons, but oh my god, they left an unmanageable stain when I tested them out. For me, it was worse than a stain, and almost like an allergic reaction, that I couldn't tell if it was due to something in the lipsticks or just something related to my efforts to get that stain out with every product I had on hand. Anyone else with this issue?

I'm still going to get them both, because for me, they're MAC's best in breed of these colors (yet, lol), but I feel like I am going to have to majorly shield my lips with Prep & Prime, lip pencil and god knows what else, once I pick them up in-store. Dodgy Girl, in particular, also had rather poor staying quality, in that it changed color on me in about an hour, I think due to whatever the hell was going on with my lips underneath, and lost some of its beautiful, glowing vibrancy. I expect I will have to re-apply frequently when I wear it all day or all evening.

Thank you for you input liba! Always so freaking informative
clapping.gif

LIBA!
party.gif
You may very well be the QUEEN
queen.gif
of disarmingly, engagingly, thought provokingly INFORMATIVE -really need to know -inner MI6 sanctum-stuff reflection!!!!!

Honestly there's NO BAD DAY that a little "PUFF ADDER " lip action won't solve!! LOL! ( joyously staring at mirrored reflection of self
pretty.gif
th_DANCE.gif
)
That being said, there is an undeniable stiffness/chalkiness to RIOT HOUSE upon first application. However armed as you mentioned with a veritable FLOTILLA of emollient/ cushioning/salve-like balms- there really are no other colors like these that perform so theatrically acceptable for urban street-wear!
yahoo.gif
party.gif
UBER YIKES!! ME LIKEY!!!! Am hopelessly INFATUATED with RIOT HOUSE's lipstick color and performance!!

As Mac Guy reminded, it is Peach toned anything on the lips that is a stage/screen-well-worn-insider trick for irradiating/mitigating ALL kinds of mauvey/marooned/Sangria-wash-lipped gals!

Words have no meaning for just how ABSOLUTELY lovely a dreamsicle -peach-sherbert RIOT HOUSE is on tanned/golden/ Mediterranean/Latina/South Asian/ Pacific Rimmed complexions!!!!
nanaparty.gif
Envision a sea of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's THE HEIST extras- insanely jumping up in a euphoric display of everyone being able to pull of this color!!
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif

So far I've worn it through TWO! table reads and a SHOCKINGLY
yahoo.gif
large bowl of Salmon Pasta primavera!!

Yes liba
w00t.gif
- it is this side of drying- but I love how it is compensatingly/compellingly long wearing and seemingly stage lit
sweet.png
from within!
And if I should be so lucky to felled by swollen lips- I say - hallelujah to the MAC creator who forgot to blend in the requisite emolli-fiers!
Color me pleased- as I reach for the esteemed DG's to try!

Thanks to ALL a) for posting amazing reviews and stunning pix!
b) for the adulterated and UN-adulterated entertainment while we waited for our goodies to arrive!

lipstickaddict

I think Riot House is a nighttime color too. I'll probably wear mine for nights out mostly I'm not sure how much of a daytime color it can be yet (mine comes tomorrow)
Funny, but I think the opposite. It's a creamsicle shade like my other go to lipsticks for summer (reel sexy and sweet and sour--both of which I wear during the day with a simple cat eye). It is paler though, and I can see how it would be lovely with a smokey eye for a night out!

lipstickaddict

All of this makes sense, Liba. Admittedly, I like the look of it on other people. I'm putting up another video with some comparisons and I'm pretty sure I call Riot House total crap. LOL. I'm going to keep working with it and maybe I need to adjust my eyes and my perception of myself!
I just want to add to the chorus of ladies here that you do look very lovely in RH Mandy--perhaps it's just not a color you are used too! Hope that you can warm up to it a bit :)

Looking forward to your video doll
heart.gif

miss0annette

I just want to add to the chorus of ladies here that you do look very lovely in RH Mandy--perhaps it's just not a color you are used too! Hope that you can warm up to it a bit :)

Looking forward to your video doll
heart.gif
You're totally right. For me RH is a color I'm not used to but I'm not giving up on it yet. ;)

Genn

Shoot! It is dry and a bit chalky, but try playing with it some more---perhaps with a liner or some gloss? This one does have potential! Sorry you don't care for it :(
I like it much better with gloss but I was disappointed it didn't look how I was expecting. I finally understand the term "concealer lips". I mean I understood in theory but now I have a real life example. Ha!

hwdsprincess

Def no way I can keep up with these posts I'm loving swatches, ugh can't wait to order!! I'm getting impatient already.... :shock:

queenblenda

Top strip poker alone bottom with a little bit of gingerroot lip liner
Kelly yum yum top by itself bottom with embrace me lip liner
Kelly yum yum with magenta lip liner