MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection (June 5, 2014)

Dolly Snow

AWW DOLLY! My prayers are with you and mom!
This whole look is juts gorgeous... outfit and all!  You wear it so well!!!   Thank you!!!  I think that's a good move. I hate to be so down on Rh just because it didn't work for me because it did for many others, but it was just SO awful to me I think waiting til you can try it in store first is definitely the right thing to do.  Stop that! Don't be down on yourself. You are not a loser! Congrats on catching up :bigthumb: OH NO!! Dolly!! Please keep us updated! Keeping her in our prayers, and you too!! Oh, Marsha! I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. treasure your time with him today! ((Hugs))
Thanks ladies :(

Dolly Snow

Not good at all, sending hugs and kisses from London. I'm seeing my grandad for the last time today before he flies out to Jamaica, he's got terminal cancer
Thanks love! And at least he's going out in style! Jamaica sounds like fun even if he is going for sad reasons! May he always be in your heart and you in his :heart:

msarge

Cheeky Bugger Blush

Cheeky Bugger Blush

Jolly Good MSF Duo

Jolly Good MSF Duo

Peaches & Cream Blush

Peaches & Cream Blush

Refresh MSF Duo

Refresh MSF Duo (heavily swatched)

Cranberry Lip Liner

Cranberry Lip Liner

Dodgy Girl Lipstick

Kelly Yum-Yum Lipstick

Riot House Lipstick

Strip Poker Lipstick

I took super quick shots of 2 of the lipsticks the night I swatched to share sneak peeks on IG so ignore the tired, nearly naked face! They're not 100% color accurate because my phone camera tends to alter colors a bit, but you get the idea ;)

Kelly Yum-Yum Lipstick (skews a tad purple here, but it's very vibrant on me)

Riot House Lipstick

^ AMAZING swatches!! You look lovely in everything!!

I wore SP again but this time I wore eye make up I think I'm falling in love with it
eyelove.gif

^Girl, you look so good!!
heart.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881

Told ya!
girlhaha.gif

Ok Dolly. These are for you. Not the best, but, whatev. I promised.

^ LOVE! You are so so pretty!!

staceface

Trying to compile a list so I can behave like a rational shopper on Tuesday. I really am not going to suit riot house or strip poker so I should stay away from them. My hearts screaming buy buy buy!

jenise

I'm trying to decide between the 2 msf's and the 2 blushes. Which would you ladies recommend for NC30?
I would go with Sharon's msf refresh as I don't like kellys on my skin (around nc30 as we'll) doesn't really do much of anything on me. And I would definitely go with both blushes lol

liba

What do you think of Jolly Good for an NC15 (warm, fair)?

That's my coloring too. It was horrible on me - like dirt. Not flattering at all - it's seriously for NWs. Sharon's looked much more natural, but the Pedro compact trumped them both by a long way for me.

Not good at all, sending hugs and kisses from London. I'm seeing my grandad for the last time today before he flies out to Jamaica, he's got terminal cancer
Make it a very special day for you both. Be strong.

Quote: Originally Posted by staceface

Trying to compile a list so I can behave like a rational shopper on Tuesday.
I really am not going to suit riot house or strip poker so I should stay away from them.
My hearts screaming buy buy buy!
MAC already has some other colors that are similar to Riot House, like Sweet & Sour, plus RH and SP have a very similar look to each other. If you passed on them, you'd definitely still be able to find something similar. RH in particular, is a color that's been all over the runways and we'll be seeing more shades like it for sure! The main thing is, if you don't think you'll wear them anyway, then why bother? Tell your heart to quiet down :p

patentg33k

I have a question - are you ladies really loving KYY & are you bummed/annoyed by the staining???

And...what about Jolly Good MSF - yea or nay? Dolly dear, I know you said you love the pink side - which I do too from the swatches, but what about the other side of it?
I'll go out on a limb here and say the staining is a deal-breaker for me--I don't think that these colors are directly dupable. But I'd look for a non-staining version of other lines. I had Chanel Super which is another vibrantly nuclear pink, and it didn't stain at all. So I don't think staining is inherent in the dye set, unless the orchid dye is setting it off (Chanel Super is not orchid, but it is cool). For me, the problem is that the staining is spilling onto the next day for people. KYY is a gorgeous color, honestly, I could become obsessed with it. It breaks my heart to say this. But I think I'd have to plan around that staining problem and I just don't have the bandwidth/discipline/time to do that.

For dodgy girl, I'd look around at all of the Pantone "radiant orchid" type colors for a similar tone (again, Dodgy Girl is unique, so I don't think you'll find a direct dupe). However, Sephora Pantone Radiant Orchid lipstick has the very same staining problem--a few go's with an oil cleanser didn't get it off. So I'd be careful looking at dupes for an orchid--you may get staining.

I know you are cool toned, Elegant, so I'm guessing Jolly Good would work for you. My sense is that it's a lot like Hourglass Ambient powders--it has that glowy/satin look (the bronzer side). If you have Ambient Diffused or similar, you may have something already in your stash that's very similar.

Would love to know anyone's thoughts about Jolly Good MSF for fair/warm skin tones? Is it too cool for an NC15?

Tahlia

That's my coloring too. It was horrible on me - like dirt. Not flattering at all - it's seriously for NWs. Sharon's looked much more natural, but the Pedro compact trumped them both by a long way for me.
Liba, what do you think about Jolly Good for NC25-30? I'm debating on whether I should get that or Refresh.

patentg33k

I'm going to go for something nude, since I found the hot pink staining underneath would quickly make the bluish tones go away - anything in my arsenal to get rid of as much of that hot pink craziness as possible.

You win the Riot House award, by a mile! Perfect color to suit your coloring and style.

Make it a very special day for you both. Be strong.

MAC already has some other colors that are similar to Riot House, like Sweet & Sour, plus RH and SP have a very similar look to each other. If you passed on them, you'd definitely still be able to find something similar. RH in particular, is a color that's been all over the runways and we'll be seeing more shades like it for sure! The main thing is, if you don't think you'll wear them anyway, then why bother? Tell your heart to quiet down :p
Thanks @Liba--I'm passing. Appreciate your response!! :) I love the Pedro compact too--looks like I'm all set already. Whew! This is just not my collection, I think (which is good because I did buy from Pedro and AA, so I can rest for a few weeks).

IAmakeupaddict

I just saw a bunch of tagged photos from Thursday when I wore SP out and loved all of them. I guess that means I'm backing it up. Maybe twice. Who's stalking with me tonight?!

Latest posts